Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-15, 09:46 AM  
alisoncooks

I'm tempted, but oh.my.word.
The price!
I don't know if I can't drop $31+ on one dvd. (With tax and shipping it was $31.44!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-15, 07:45 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I did the seat focus today. LOVED it! The instructor was great & I loved the moves. I almost stopped at the abs part but I'm glad I didn't as there was more seat work at the end.
My seat is on fire!! I think this set is fantastic! Surprisingly the seat DVD doesn't use the double band. Still a great workout though
I did this one yesterday and I completely agree with you, Sue! Can't wait to try the Abs one
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-15, 04:42 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Has anyone else done the Seat dvd? I am on the fence on getting this and want to know if it is different enough from any other barre type workouts to add to my collection.

Thanks in advance!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 02:41 AM  
RubyBlue

I did the seat DVD today and it really is an extremely good workout. I have probably tried all of the barre DVDs (!) and this was really good.

I don't know if I would describe it as 'different'; to me it had a bit of a P57 vibe in terms of feel and exercises but it is certainly in my view the best Pure Barre workout.

It's pretty much a whole-body DVD; I'd say there is about 30 mins on thighs/glutes. But glute-focused, for sure- and there is sufficient arms and abs work to make it a whole-body DVD. I'm going to try to solely do this for a while and see what happens- it's pretty challenging (high intermediate?) but with room to grow if you can manage to up the poundage at a later date.

For lower body- a good combination of standing plie-type moves, some static lunge pulses, all 4s work and it ends with glute bridges.

(I could barely finish the ab work and I am very strong in my core.)

Two thumbs up! Great instructor- good cues, doesn't talk too much, no quirky phrases, totally non-annoying. If you love a challenging barre workout, you will love this.

Disclaimer- I had totally gone off Pure Barre and didn't expect to like this at all so thanks to previous posters for pushing me over the edge. Very happy with this purchase.

Minor quibbles- the bicep work felt pretty weak and so next time I will up the weights to 5lb or use extra wrist weights (for the record I used 3s for this plus ankle weights.) As with most barre there was little direct back work but this is a particular complaint of mine and just my opinion.
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 05:42 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyBlue View Post
I did the seat DVD today and it really is an extremely good workout. I have probably tried all of the barre DVDs (!) and this was really good.

I don't know if I would describe it as 'different'; to me it had a bit of a P57 vibe in terms of feel and exercises but it is certainly in my view the best Pure Barre workout.

It's pretty much a whole-body DVD; I'd say there is about 30 mins on thighs/glutes. But glute-focused, for sure- and there is sufficient arms and abs work to make it a whole-body DVD. I'm going to try to solely do this for a while and see what happens- it's pretty challenging (high intermediate?) but with room to grow if you can manage to up the poundage at a later date.

For lower body- a good combination of standing plie-type moves, some static lunge pulses, all 4s work and it ends with glute bridges.

(I could barely finish the ab work and I am very strong in my core.)

Two thumbs up! Great instructor- good cues, doesn't talk too much, no quirky phrases, totally non-annoying. If you love a challenging barre workout, you will love this.

Disclaimer- I had totally gone off Pure Barre and didn't expect to like this at all so thanks to previous posters for pushing me over the edge. Very happy with this purchase.

Minor quibbles- the bicep work felt pretty weak and so next time I will up the weights to 5lb or use extra wrist weights (for the record I used 3s for this plus ankle weights.) As with most barre there was little direct back work but this is a particular complaint of mine and just my opinion.

What equipment do these use?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 05:53 AM  
RubyBlue

They just use 3lb weights. I added ankle weights and will add wrist weights next time but these are by no means essential.

You also need something to hold on to but I just used a chair.
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 12:33 PM  
Orlita

Did the Pure Results package price go up, or was it $65 from the start? I thought they had a special deal initially that was lower. 10% off would be nice, though. I do like their rubber tubing and grippy socks.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 12:35 PM  
Orlita

I think I remember -- maybe it was $65 but there was a tank included, while supplies lasted. Correct?
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 12:52 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlita View Post
I think I remember -- maybe it was $65 but there was a tank included, while supplies lasted. Correct?
Yes, that's right. And at one point I looked and there were only, I think, size XS tanks left, so clearly they sold out at some point.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-15, 09:08 AM  
Becky

Not sure if anyone else posted this, but Pure Barre is having a 15% off Memorial Day sale. That brings the new DVDs to $21.21 each. No code is needed for the 15% off, they've just lowered the prices for the sale. I also added the SHARE10 code at checkout and got another 10% off which pretty much paid for the shipping. The sale goes through Monday.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pretzel, pure barre, pure barre pure results