Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-27-14, 08:25 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybelle View Post
LoveVA, congratulations on your awesome results and thanks for sharing them! I don't have Brazil Butt Lift, but when I've checked it out it's seemed much less intense than Tonique. I'm impressed you were able to maintain/add to your Tonique results using it.

Would you mind posting the details/workouts of the Classic/Combination Rotation?
Maybelle, I've given some thought to this and I think that the reasons that I have been able to get results despite my prior Tonique work and overall fitness level is because I've been subbing in cardio that is more advanced than Cardio Axe. That has kicked the intensity up a notch overall for my BBL rotation.

Also, I was doing Tonique only one day a week. I did the odd week here and there where I did Tonique every day (my mini Tonique rotation), but most of the time, it was once a week. Therefore, even though I had gotten some great results from Tonique, I still had some room for improvement in gaining muscle/burning fat.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 08:31 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Whatever you're doing, you're seeing great results! The FIRM used to say fat would fall off areas in a "last hired, first fired" pattern, and that sounds like what you're noticing. (Mine just keeps hiring in my gut.)
Old 02-27-14, 08:34 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
Wow your results are impressive! Now I'm considering this after I finish my 21 day fix rotation. I'm also doing TA but it hasn't done much for my legs. Is there a rotation that comes with the deluxe add-on DVDs? Can you give an example of what the deluxe rotation looks like (if there is one?) I could only find the rotation for the basic set in various posts here.
SuzieC, I'm pretty sure there is a suggested rotation on the back of the Deluxe DVD cover. I'll post it when I get home. If I remember correctly, the rotation is a special one-week rotation that you can do in place of week 4 of each month of the regular rotation.

That said, I think the cover also said that you could sub in these Deluxe DVDs into the regular rotation at any time or use as add-ons for additonal work. For example, you can sub in Rio Extreme (50 min) for Sculpt, or you could add Abs Rapido or Upper Cuts to other workouts since those two are only about 10 mins.

Thanks everyone for all of the congratulations.

I'm really enjoying this rotation. It's my first time ever doing one and I now see the appeal and the effectiveness of a structured series of workouts done more than once a week and for consecutive weeks. I will probably do another rotation of some sort again. But in the meantime, this will help me structure my own rotations out of all the DVDs I already have.
Old 02-27-14, 04:52 PM  
Maybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Maybelle, I've given some thought to this and I think that the reasons that I have been able to get results despite my prior Tonique work and overall fitness level is because I've been subbing in cardio that is more advanced than Cardio Axe. That has kicked the intensity up a notch overall for my BBL rotation.

Also, I was doing Tonique only one day a week. I did the odd week here and there where I did Tonique every day (my mini Tonique rotation), but most of the time, it was once a week. Therefore, even though I had gotten some great results from Tonique, I still had some room for improvement in gaining muscle/burning fat.
Makes perfect sense, as does what you said about "the effectiveness of a structured series of workouts done more than once a week and for consecutive weeks." Thanks for following up!
Maybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 06:01 PM  
slysam

The other year I had good results with a hybrid BBL rotation. I followed the rotation for fat loss and it involved either Cardio Axe or Bum Bum every day. My modification was, I was also following Venus Factor and replaced all the Sculpt workouts for a Venus Factor workout, I didn't use Tummy Tuck (well just once--but Venus suggests only stabilizing core work like planks so I wanted to avoid traditional ab work), and I didn't do Cardio Axe that often. I liked it, but at the time I was taking 3 dance classes -- one of them was twice a week so I had dance classes 4 evenings a week. I did other dancing or Cardio Axe if I felt like it--but basically I did usually low impact dancing most days. I didn't do much intense cardio during the rotation. My inch loss was mainly from my waist, belly, chest and maybe thighs (I think it that was the month before). I find that I gain and lose weight pretty evenly over time, my chest, shoulders and hips are usually the same measurement--though when dieting one will be a little smaller than the others for a few weeks but they eventually catch up. I could nearly pass the pencil test before and could more obviously pass it after. I also had Tonique and was using it before (once in a while) and would sometimes use it instead of Bum Bum if i was tired of the BBL instructor. I only did a rotation for 4 weeks and it was a hybrid rotation, but I did like it and think they are good workouts.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 09:25 PM  
LoveVA

Deluxe DVD rotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
Wow your results are impressive! Now I'm considering this after I finish my 21 day fix rotation. I'm also doing TA but it hasn't done much for my legs. Is there a rotation that comes with the deluxe add-on DVDs? Can you give an example of what the deluxe rotation looks like (if there is one?) I could only find the rotation for the basic set in various posts here.
The Deluxe DVD cover says to replace week 3 or 4 with the Deluxe rotation

Mon: Rio Extreme
Tue: Abs Rapido & Upper Cuts
Wed: Rio Extreme
Thur: Abs Rapido & Upper Cuts
Fri: Rio Extreme
Old 02-28-14, 01:28 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

is it worth getting the master series or the deluxe discs?

i have the basic set.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-14, 02:05 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

LoveVa, your results are AMAZING!! Congrats and I can't wait to hear what month 2 will make for you! Keep it up and thanks for the inspiration!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-14, 08:38 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
is it worth getting the master series or the deluxe discs?

i have the basic set.
I haven't done Abs Rapido or Upper Cuts yet (just previewed), but they look good. So I can't say without reservation that they are worth it based on the quality of the workouts. I can say however, that Rio Extreme is great. I will try the other two soon.

Now that being said, I actually wish that I had bought the Deluxe Set when I bought the basic BBL dvds from Mary. Instead I purchased the basic set, the deluxe DVDs by themselves, ankle weights, and medium and advanced resistance bands all separately (ankle weights and bands purchased at Amazon). It would have been cheaper for me to buy the Deluxe Set, which comes with all of those things.

For some reason, I thought I wouldn't need the ankle weights, but I quickly realized after only one week of High & Tight, that I wasn't going to be challenged using just the light band that comes with the basic set and doing the floor work without any additional weight for the entire 60 day rotation.

I don't have the Master Series and my interpretation of old VF threads on the Master Series was that the opinion was mixed. The enthusiasm and positive feedback about the original BBL + Deluxe DVDs were much stronger.
Old 02-28-14, 08:43 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
The Deluxe DVD cover says to replace week 3 or 4 with the Deluxe rotation

Mon: Rio Extreme
Tue: Abs Rapido & Upper Cuts
Wed: Rio Extreme
Thur: Abs Rapido & Upper Cuts
Fri: Rio Extreme
Thanks for this!