Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-14, 09:48 AM  
LoveVA

Brazil Butt Lift-My Results After One Month

OK, so they should call this Leandro’s Fat Shredder instead, because that’s what it’s done. My husband’s comment after only Week 2 was “You’re shrinking all over!” Overall, I am really loving this workout series. It’s just plain fun and Leandro is a great instructor with really good form pointers. I’m not even tired of him saying “Don’t settle for less!”

I followed the Classic/Combination Rotation. Actually, here is something I noticed about the rotations. There was a post somewhere on VF that listed all of the rotations and the different exercises for each day. When I got BBL this year, the calendar that was sent was different from what I read here at VF and over at The Fitness Focus. It seems that they have taken out some of the double days (where you are doing two workouts) by eliminating some of the cardio. I actually liked the look of the old rotations, so I am doing that as opposed to what is indicated on the calendar sent with my set this year. Just an FYI for those of you who are thinking about purchasing it new this year.

Pounds lost: 8

Inches lost from

Bust: 3 in
Waist: 2 in
Hips: ¼ in
Thighs: ¼ in each

As you can see, my one-month results are more dramatic in my upper body than my lower body? But why, you might ask? This is Brazil Butt Lift, not Brazil Upper Body Shaper! Well, there are two reasons for my early results occurring in the way that they did (or at least this is why I think my results have occurred the way that they did):

1) My peri-menopausal 40-something year old body has been hoarding fat like no one’s business on my upper body; namely, my gut, my bust (why?), and my back right around my brastrap. My initial fat loss has therefore been where I have the most fat and it is in those areas. I am so glad that it’s going away. As for my bust shrinking 3 in, I’m actually happy about that as my chest was getting too big solely from fat accumulation.

2) Tonique: Thanks to Sylwia (and Dream Body), my lower body is in pretty darn good shape. There really isn’t much fat there at all, it’s already got a solid foundation of muscle going into this rotation, so I wasn’t really expecting much there. Now if that is where most of your body fat is, my guess is that you would see much more dramatic results in your hips and thighs. However, I still saw some positive developments there.

Lower Body Changes: Thanks to Sylwia, I already passed the pencil test on Day 1 of my BBL rotation for my left butt cheek but not my right butt cheek for some reason. Go figure. At this point, I pass on both cheeks now. My butt is definitely smaller, rounder, more lifted. While I have not lost too many inches in my thighs and hips yet, the overall shape of my thighs has changed and they definitely look smaller. The best evidence is how all of my pants fit; they are now loose on me and fit much better in the waist.

Upper Body Changes: My arms looked pretty good on Day 1, but they look great now. BBL’s Sculpt is really a good upper body workout to provide some balance to all the lower body work in Bum Bum and High & Tight. It works, especially if you use weights that really challenge you. My shoulders are much more slender and I feel stronger.

D**t: I have been following the diet by weighing/measuring all my food and sticking to BBL’s recommended calorie limit for me. This has been a key/crucial factor in my results so far. I’ve allowed myself one or two cheat meals and a couple of alcoholic drinks only on the weekend. I’ve used a lot of the recipes in the book and really like them. I will keep using them even when I’m done with the rotation. More importantly, I am now clearly aware of what bad habits I had allowed to creep into my daily eating habits. Those bad habits undoubtedly accelerated the fat accumulation in my upper body, peri-menopausal or not.

The Workouts: I have followed the schedule exactly as written every day except that I have been subbing in 30 minutes of my own cardio for Cardio Axe. I have actually tried that workout and I could follow the moves pretty well. I just prefer non-dance-y cardio. I will do it a couple of more times just so I can master the moves. Otherwise, I sub in Shaun T's T25 cardio, Michelle Dozois Cardio Burn (More Peak and Remix), Jessica Smith Look Better Naked Cardio section, Corndorf Kickbox Burn or Cathe Hiit/Low Impact Hiit. The chaptering in those workouts makes it easy for me to do just 30 minutes, equal to the time of Cardio Axe.

I’m looking forward to seeing what further changes I get in Month 2 with respect to my lower body. I’m loving the shape of my legs now and while I’m not expecting significant inches lost in that area due to my previous Tonique work, there are still noticeable and welcome changes in the overall shape of my legs. I’ll post Month 2 results when I finish!

Last edited by LoveVA; 02-26-14 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Added T25 to my cardio list
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 09:56 AM  
JulieIL

Impressive results. Congratulations! I was just thinking of pulling this out again (summer is supposed to be right around the corner, right?). Thank you for clarifying the upper body results as well (I imagine that Tonique has you in good shape to begin with).

It is interesting how body weight shifts during different life stages, isn't it? Keep posting your results- these motivated me enough to pull this out today.

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 09:59 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Excellent results, congrats! I'm such a sucker for any post with "my results" in it.

I purchased BBL set last year, used - at great price at HPB, and haven't even tried it yet. Your results have certainly peaked my interest! I want your results and should try it!

Congrats!
Old 02-25-14, 10:01 AM  
mbcatac7

Great job. My mother loves these. His voice seems to bother my so I just can't get myself to buy them.
Old 02-25-14, 10:03 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Congratulations on your awesome results! I am equally impressed with your ability to listen to "bumbum talk" for a month... and to keep going
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 10:21 AM  
mle777

Great job! Which rotation did you follow? (I need to re-read your post to make sure you didn't already mention this.) I love these workouts, but for some reason have never been able to stick to the rotation (though it says nothing about the workouts, I never seem to be able to stick to any rotation).

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 10:24 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
Great job! Which rotation did you follow? (I need to re-read your post to make sure you didn't already mention this.) I love these workouts, but for some reason have never been able to stick to the rotation (though it says nothing about the workouts, I never seem to be able to stick to any rotation).
Good catch! I forgot to mention it. I'll edit my post. I followed the Classic Rotation plus I remembered something I noticed about the rotation sent with my set. See my original post.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 10:29 AM  
bzbnmom

Those are some nice results! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your analysis too, it's very interesting. Hearing about others' good results is so motivating. Good luck with Month 2!
bzbnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 10:34 AM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Good catch! I forgot to mention it. I'll edit my post. I followed the Classic Rotation plus I remembered something I noticed about the rotation sent with my set. See my original post.
Awesome! Thank you

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 10:54 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Congratulations!

I did a BBL rotation years ago. I did nothing for my butt. I did lose inches from my midsection which was nice.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, leandro carvalho