Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-14-13, 02:57 PM  
Honeydew

I got my best butt when I did...

the 2 original Bar Method dvds. I got my worst butt when I did The Firm deathbox dvds(was that BSS3 ?)

and you?
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 03:00 PM  
LoveVA

I sound like a broken record. Sorry, but it's true: Tonique has given me a butt I can be proud of after giving birth to twins in my early 40s. Initially, I thought barre would do the trick, but it wasn't until I started doing Sylwia's workouts that I saw a noticeable change.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 03:08 PM  
mandie123

For me Kettle bells gave me a butt for the first time,sadly because of shoulder issues had to stop.
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 03:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

in college, i rode my bike to class. my sister remarked that my butt looked awesome and she thought i lost weight or something.

when i discovered the Firm (tough tape 1, vol 4, vol 5) which was about 15 years ago, my butt really slimmed down - it wasn't wide.

i was also doing callanetics (original blue one). another woman who did callanetics also remarked that she could get results fairly quickly, and she was in her early 40s at the time.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 03:10 PM  
NotThatGirl

I sound like a broken record too, I always chime in with this...
Ballet Beautiful. I also regularly added the band section of Andrea Orbeck's Supermodel Sculpt. Nothing else and I definitely had the best behind I have ever had. Seriously high and toned. It was awesome haha.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 03:18 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
Ballet Beautiful. I also regularly added the band section of Andrea Orbeck's Supermodel Sculpt. Nothing else and I definitely had the best behind I have ever had. Seriously high and toned. It was awesome haha.
I love Ballet Beautiful, too. And I was just looking at Supermodel Sculpt on Collage earlier today. I don't know why. I'm thinking about getting it even though I don't really need it. I browse fitness DVDs (and books) like other people browse clothes in a store.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 03:29 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I love Ballet Beautiful, too. And I was just looking at Supermodel Sculpt on Collage earlier today. I don't know why. I'm thinking about getting it even though I don't really need it. I browse fitness DVDs (and books) like other people browse clothes in a store.
I do too! I can honestly say I have no real idea what the rest of the DVD is like - I only do the hipster band work and occasionally the short ab segment afterwards. I don't feel like I wasted any money buying a $20-30 DVD (I bought right when it came out) for a 10-15 minute segment because I use it so much. It may not be unique for everyone but I really enjoy it. She has a couple quick segments on popsugar tv in case you'd like to see more clips of what she does with the band.
Old 11-14-13, 03:32 PM  
cherimac

Best-Firm w/os and other w/os with lunges and squats. Worst: TA and barre. But, my abs looked great with TA!
Old 11-14-13, 03:52 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Supe...bec-p/2085.htm

is this the one you're referring to?

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 04:02 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Supe...bec-p/2085.htm

is this the one you're referring to?
That's the one. I really wish she would make another one with more band work. She came out with a pregnancy one recently that is available on her site. You can get a digital or hard copy version directly from her.

Tags
ballet beautiful, booty, butt, firm deathbox, glute, glutes, lower body workouts, spongebob butt, swan arms