Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-13, 01:53 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelmug View Post
After seeing the word "Buti" all over the TA check-ins (thanks, Helen ), my curiousity was piqued and I had to investigate. I did a forum search, clicked on this thread, and lo and behold, I have a new obsession.

Bizzie must be some kind of exercise genius for finding a way to mix yoga, cardio and tribal dance.* Booty shakes in chair position? Hip circles in warrior 2? Chaturanga push-ups with fire hydrants? AWESOME.

I felt like I wasn't getting enough flexibility in my workout routine but Buti really solves that issue. These workouts are challenging but so much fun!

*Disclaimer: I also think TA is some kind of exercise genius, so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.
I'm glad that you love Buti too. I also love how we get flexibility mixed in with cardio and toning. Plus I love anything with good music and dancing (booty shaking) too. That's why I fell in love with TurboKick when it first came out. You know that I really like TA too.

As for the blogger, Emily, I like what you wrote in the comments section. I can't take the blogger seriously. She knocked down Buti and any kind of dancing wo (not just strip-tease, pole-dancing) without even trying them. It's one thing to say that dancing is not your thing but don't criticize it without even attempting it.
Old 03-12-13, 03:06 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I can't take the blogger seriously. She knocked down Buti and any kind of dancing wo (not just strip-tease, pole-dancing) without even trying them. It's one thing to say that dancing is not your thing but don't criticize it without even attempting it.
Same here. It's like deciding chocolate is horrible stuff without ever bothering to taste it.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-13, 09:18 PM  
Sharaz

genius? ummmm

Recently I was looking for some west african dance DVD's. Two are on my way. One will take more time because the instructor is currently in Nigeria

So, I came across Afro Flow Yogahttp://afroflowyoga.com/ Leslie Salmon Jones has 2 Core DVD's for sale back to 2008, but no Afro Flow Yoga DVD's available for sale. The below clips from 2011 show her leading a Afro Flow Yoga class http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_mo8...layer_embedded
Jones joined youtube on 2008 and AfroFlowYoga joined on 2010. Afro Flow Yoga is not Buti, but since it's a blend of yoga, african, tribal, etc. dance. I see a similarity with the Afro Flow Yoga concept.

Also, there is Nikki Slimnastics combining gymnastics, plyometrics, and advanced yoga http://www.amazon.com/NikkiFitness-S.../dp/B0081LCQE8

Nikki mentions Buti while speaking about her workout Slimnastics

Hot Workout Trend for 2013: Yoga Gets Jumping
http://www.celsius.com/live-healthy/...a-gets-jumping

Cross Disciplining is one of the 2013 Fitness Trends according to shape. Of course we all know there are tons of workouts based on Cross Disciplining already. I'm interested and own a couple of cross disciplining workouts. I just posted the article on the GD.

I may try one of the free Buti at some point. I wish she comes with a straight dance workout. I like the way she dance
Old 03-13-13, 08:44 AM  
Travelmug

Thanks for the links, Sharaz! Afro Flow Yoga looks intersting, I'll have to check it out more. Slimnastics looks tough.

I guess Bizzie's name is more "out there" because she has marketed her technique better than others? Having a catchy name and generating some controversy have certainly benefitted her. Of course, offering free, full-length workouts doesn't hurt either. Oh yeah, and Jennifer Love Hewitt's endorsement!
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-13, 08:58 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Slimnastics! Another blast from the past being marketed as new. Do they think we only have short-term memories?
http://www.amazon.com/Slimnastics-me.../dp/B002DZABAY

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-13, 01:42 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelmug View Post
Thanks for the links, Sharaz! Afro Flow Yoga looks intersting, I'll have to check it out more.

I guess Bizzie's name is more "out there" because she has marketed her technique better than others? Having a catchy name and generating some controversy have certainly benefitted her. Of course, offering free, full-length workouts doesn't hurt either. Oh yeah, and Jennifer Love Hewitt's endorsement!
The Afro Flow Yoga looks interesting to me too. I wish there were DVDs or free download workouts. I think the downloads helped Bizzie sell more Buti DVDs. Julia Roberts also does Buti.
Old 11-13-13, 04:09 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Hellen, I just wanted to thank you again for making me discover these Buti workouts! I had lot of fun yesterday, and today... I'm so SORE! My booty is killing me Wow! And I was thinking to do an "easy" workout yesterday to release some soreness... Those buti shakes were NO joke! Thanks God my rotation have me working upper body today, because if not I'd probably have to take a day off!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-13, 08:56 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Hellen, I just wanted to thank you again for making me discover these Buti workouts! I had lot of fun yesterday, and today... I'm so SORE! My booty is killing me Wow! And I was thinking to do an "easy" workout yesterday to release some soreness... Those buti shakes were NO joke! Thanks God my rotation have me working upper body today, because if not I'd probably have to take a day off!
Vivi,

I originally did Buti because the clip looked fun and I needed more yoga. Little did I know that I was also getting a little cardio and toning too. Glad you loved it!!
Old 11-13-13, 09:30 PM  
sunnyside

I've downloaded Realplayer, but can't seem to find anything to click on over the video for downloading. Any advice?

ETA: Using a PC

ETA: I found a round about way to get the download button, but it's definitely the slow way.
Old 11-14-13, 02:33 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Vivi,

I originally did Buti because the clip looked fun and I needed more yoga. Little did I know that I was also getting a little cardio and toning too. Glad you loved it!!
I agree you totally, there is def. a cardio effect with these workouts! I also need more yoga... Never thought yoga could be that fun though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
I've downloaded Realplayer, but can't seem to find anything to click on over the video for downloading. Any advice?

ETA: Using a PC

ETA: I found a round about way to get the download button, but it's definitely the slow way.
I've Realplayer too, and the download button don't work for me anymore, the only way I can download a thing is to "copy/paste" the url address in a new browser and to replace "youtube" for "voobys", it will probably ask you to alow it "execute" click ok, then you will be able to download in dif. video formats. Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you've any question or/and if it worked for you!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bizzie gold, buti fitness, free, youtube