Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-12, 10:10 AM  
hotncmom

I am anxiously awaiting Short and Sweet too, because I am looking for shorter yoga practices to do on my cardio days. I tried the UY rotation for a while, and after a month doing an hour + of yoga every day just didn't work for me any more. I look forward to a time when I can set aside extra time and do the 108 day rotation, but that time is not then (last spring), and it's not now either, unfortunately. I love yoga as a supplement to my other workouts, but I can't do it as my sole form of workout so for where I am now in my life, there isn't enough time for both. I'm trying to simplify and get down to one hour a day, alternating strength and cardio days.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-12, 07:46 PM  
wendyrun

Funny, I was just telling my hubby that I am loving the practice but ringing in at an hour leaves me no time for anything else, and I'm pooped when I get home from work. I usually do my workout in the AM, and with very little burn on these practices makes me feel like I'm falling short.
I deliberately did schedule this series to give myself a break after a round of INSANITY so I knew going in...but I feel like I'm not doing enough.
wendyrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 09:04 AM  
mle777

I've decided to hold off on ordering for now (due to the time issues), but I counting the days till Short & Sweet is released (or at least up for preorder).

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-13, 04:06 AM  
Country Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyrun View Post
Funny, I was just telling my hubby that I am loving the practice but ringing in at an hour leaves me no time for anything else, and I'm pooped when I get home from work. I usually do my workout in the AM, and with very little burn on these practices makes me feel like I'm falling short.
I deliberately did schedule this series to give myself a break after a round of INSANITY so I knew going in...but I feel like I'm not doing enough.
Wendy or anyone else who has had a similar experience~I was just wondering if you decided to keep going with UY or if you dropped it. I just started it, and have only done the first two days of scheduled workouts (Cross train, Hard Core, and Cardio). So far though, it hasn't felt like much of a workout. I decided to give UY a try since I'm going to be traveling for a month and thought they'd work well since there is no equipment required. Also, I figured a break from the "harder" stuff I've been doing might be good. But I'm already starting to question that decision. I can't see doing this for an entire month (or especially 108 days) if I don't feel that I'm getting more of a workout than I have so far. Or maybe I just need to let go and trust the program?? Does anyone have any thoughts or experience to share about questioning if UY was really enough?

Thanks!
Old 12-01-13, 04:00 PM  
daisyduke

I finished a round of p90x, a round of Insanity, and then TA Meta (with an hour of DC daily), and then I moved onto UY. I think Yoga is an entirely different type of 'difficult' than bouncing around to Tracy's cardio. Lol.

For me if I push myself down into Warrior 2 my heart races, I sweat, and I feel it everywhere. I don't have to be bouncing around!! I am 7 months pregnant right now and have done Yoga since the beginning of my pregnancy. My arms and legs are just as defined as before and my dr. says my weight gain is perfect.

I have fallen in love with Travis and Yoga and will probably never do any of those other programs again! Good luck to you. Let us know how it goes.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd-r, hunky guys with no shirts, over 50, power yoga, scratched discs, systems, travis eliot, ultimate yogi, yoga