Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-14-11, 05:24 PM  
Stephanie_B

I just heard from Lauren and they are supposed to start shipping tomorrow.

I asked about the DVDr versus pressed and approximate length. I will order this if they are not DVDr and if the lengths are like at least 30 minutes, to me I have enough 20 minute things to last me a lifetime.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 05:26 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbaby View Post
It's the very reasons you describe that have kept me from ordering it. It looks darn hard! LOL! But it would be something to be able to master it, but I'm not sure about the martial arts mixed in. But hey, anything that features attractive men shirtless and it can't be all that bad!
Well, I always come back to this video for inspiration. In the first DVD you learn the rolling wave and dancing dog sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2RWpyGi_v4

Oh, and in the first DVD, there's about a half hour of yoga before he starts with the martial arts. And some of it is stuff like rolling to standing, and then you progress to roll to stand, kick, punch. If you can master the roll to stand, it's amazing core and cardio. That's the part where I sort of peter out and fast forward to the stretchy stuff.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 05:36 PM  
Stephanie_B

Okay heard back again (fast) and here's what she had to say:

During the course of the program you will do about 60 minutes of yoga per day. Each disc runs about 60 minutes, give or take. Some of the practices are shorter, such as Yoga HardCORE which runs about 18 minutes and Meditation/Pranayama which runs about 20 minutes (I think!!). The actual yoga classes (the 7 power yoga classes, gentle yoga, yin yoga, etc…run about an hour). Mountain Pose Series is slightly shorter in length and during the program you would pair that class with the Meditation/Pranayama practice which would give you about an hour long class in total if you were doing both practices that day.

The program will be pressed DVD format.

Again, thank you so much and please let me know if you have any other additional questions! I look forward to hearing from you once you receive the product. It would be so great to hear your thoughts!

Talk to you soon,

Lauren

ETA: Correction: Lauren should know TOMORROW (12/15) afternoon when the orders will start to ship out. She said she would email as soon as she knows as she knows people would love to receive it in time for the holiday season.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Last edited by Stephanie_B; 12-14-11 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Shipping date correction
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 05:44 PM  
herya

Thanks for all the info! It certainly sounds interesting, and legit. Might be an option for my OH's birthday in February - but we would need to be able to check out some clips by then. Things like pacing/instruction/voice can make or break any yoga video!
Old 12-14-11, 07:29 PM  
jessicarobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Well, I always come back to this video for inspiration. In the first DVD you learn the rolling wave and dancing dog sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2RWpyGi_v4

Oh, and in the first DVD, there's about a half hour of yoga before he starts with the martial arts. And some of it is stuff like rolling to standing, and then you progress to roll to stand, kick, punch. If you can master the roll to stand, it's amazing core and cardio. That's the part where I sort of peter out and fast forward to the stretchy stuff.
what is the name of the dvd you are talking about?
jessicarobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 07:48 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicarobin View Post
what is the name of the dvd you are talking about?
I am taking about the Budokon series with Cameron Shayne. There are 3 DVD's in the series: Flow and Flexibility; Strength and Balance; Power and Agility. I have the first 2 but have only done Flow and Flexibility.

Videos here (but you can buy them from Amazon):

http://www.budokon.com/videogallery....eo/flow_ad.mov
Old 12-14-11, 09:59 PM  
geojill

Thanks for all the info! He has some yoga classes you can download and I previewed them...I like his voice, which can make it or break it for me, too. My husband is going to get it for me for christmas! BTW, a few of his online downloads are almost 90 minutes each.
Old 12-14-11, 10:11 PM  
bettyboopboop

I don't have the $$$ for it right now, but I hope it will be in my future! I would love to do yoga every day and see how I feel. Even 2 sessions per week make a big difference in my energy and mood. Hope to hear more info about this soon!
Old 12-14-11, 10:17 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
Thanks for all the info! He has some yoga classes you can download and I previewed them...I like his voice, which can make it or break it for me, too. My husband is going to get it for me for christmas! BTW, a few of his online downloads are almost 90 minutes each.
Where did you find the downloads?
Old 12-15-11, 08:01 AM  
geojill

http://www.traviseliot.com/travis_eliot/yoga_online.htm

ETA: I have been doing tech support for a year now and have gotten really good at finding information!

Tags
dvd-r, hunky guys with no shirts, over 50, power yoga, scratched discs, systems, travis eliot, ultimate yogi, yoga