Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-12-11, 08:02 PM  
herya

The Ultimate Yogi (aka Yoga Insanity?)

This is what you find when you stay up late browsing aimlessly...

Warning: gratuitous male nipple content!
http://www.theultimateyogi.com
Looks like yoga version of Insanity and the rest of the bunch! Nice production quality though. I don't think it's out yet, are they just gauging interest?
Old 12-13-11, 08:22 AM  
jessicarobin

wonder when you can buy them?
jessicarobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 09:38 AM  
hotncmom

This looks great and I would definitely be interested. I'm not sure I could commit to an hour of yoga every day for 108 days. I only have about an hour a day to workout, so if I did this program I wouldn't have time for my other workouts. I'm sure you VF'ers understand the dilemma! This will probably be an informercial aimed at sedentary people who don't have to worry about giving up other forms of exercise due to time constraints.

Thanks for finding this! I'll definitely be interested. I could *maybe* commit to doing this every other day.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 10:11 AM  
herya

Yes I kind of have mixed feeling about this programme. The trailer is not to my taste at all - the image of nipply Indiana Jones repping out asanas to music in a fallen temple is not something I find encouraging...

But from the photos the classes look professional and much more "real yoga" derived than APY for example, which is more of a "yoga workout". I also like how he included yin yoga, pranayama, meditation etc. and wants to mark the progress with classic sun salutations.

My yoga is sorted But I wonder if my fiance could be interested - he does yoga but could definitely use more regularity in his practice. I have been practicing nearly every day recently anyway so if he would be up for it I could accompany him.

I would be interested in seeing real clips or a sample class to check the pacing and instruction. I also wonder how they come up with 108 days - is it 12 classes per cycle repeated 3 times, and then repeat the whole shebang twice more?

Somewhere on YouTube they posted in comments that they are looking for ways to release the material and the programme had been fully filmed.
Old 12-13-11, 11:27 AM  
SpiritYogi

That looks good. If the clip is anything to go by, I'll be getting this program.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 11:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Well I had to take a peek. Looks interesting. I like that he included gentle and Yin practices to the plan. I won't be biting, though.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 12:27 PM  
Sissy B

I think it looks interesting too. I probably won't get it though.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 09:21 AM  
laurajhawk

Boy, this looks great. I'll be watching for release info and reviews.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 11:44 AM  
laurajhawk

Hey folks,
It looks as if this will be orderable tomorrow.

I emailed using the "contact us" link on the site, told them it looks interesting & to please let me know when it's available. I also said they were getting some attention on videofitness.com and that we'd be interested in clips and more info on the calendar. I did add a paragraph about the fact that this is a moderated site & they need a disclaimer if they want to post here. Anyway, I heard back within a couple hours:
Hi Laura ~

Thank you so much for your interest in The Ultimate Yogi with Travis Eliot. And thank you so much for sharing your insights to video fitness.com. We greatly appreciate it and look forward to exploring videofitness.com some more. The dvd series should be available to purchase through our website www.theultimateyogi.com starting tomorrow! There will only be 400 copies available before the New Year so I will send you an email the moment the online store is live so that you can order your copy right away. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I look forward to sharing this transformational journey with you!

Lauren Eckstrom
I still think I'm waiting for reviews, especially at $108 plus I bet a large S&H fee. I joined a yoga studio this year and am not getting a lot of use from my yoga DVDs (except kundalini). BUT I agree with Herya that the program looks more like "real yoga" than some, and I have no problem with DVDs featuring shirtless men; that's actually kind of a selling point for me...

The number 108 has a lot of meaning & tradition behind it in yoga. It's common to do 108 sun salutations or 108 reps of a chant.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 11:55 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Is there any info about these anywhere - I only see that there are 12 DVDs - nothing else specific.

Tags
dvd-r, hunky guys with no shirts, over 50, power yoga, scratched discs, systems, travis eliot, ultimate yogi, yoga