Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-13, 10:22 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Where have I been? Apparently that rotation is not as famous as you think! Where can I read about it?

From up-thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
I think this was Fuzzie's plan, taken from this thread (hope she doesn't mind me posting!):
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=127277&page=5

Ali's experiment motivated me to try using Tracy's workouts exclusively for two weeks. Except for trying a new workout one day, I adhered to the following plan:

Day 1: Mat Workout
Day 2: PostPreg + Dance Aerobics
Day 3: Dance Cardio + long stretch

You can read her results in the original thread.
Old 01-09-13, 11:05 PM  
Yvette69

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
...I just got TA's Mat Workout and tried it for the first time today. I wasn't sure if I'd like her, but I enjoyed the workout a lot! (My one problem was that during the standing leg work, my supporting leg felt fatigued way more quickly than the working leg--has this happened to anyone else?)

Anyway, I'm a pear, and I'm wondering if just using this workout once per week might be often enough to see results. (If it matters, I'm already at a healthy weight, but I wouldn't mind slimming down the lower body more! ) I know Tracy wants you to just do her Method, but I enjoy my other workouts, so I really can't see doing the Mat Workout more than once, maybe twice per week.

What do you all think? Are people still using this workout? Thanks for the help!
I used to use Mat and PP when they first came out about four ago or so and fatigue in the standing leg is totally normal when you're starting out. I've started adding it in again once a week to break up the monotony and I don't get fatigue in the standing leg anymore.

Body shape-wise, I'm halfway between hourglass and pear, I guess.

I will say that Mat really didn't do much for firming my thighs and butt and making them smaller. I did get some decent inch loss off my hips, though, but more off the sides, if that makes sense.

The real changes to my lower body really only came once I got into barre hardcore - Bar Method SSI and II, Dancer's Body, Squeeze Stronger, P57 and now Leah and the Core Fusion live classes.
Yvette69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 05:49 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

About that "famous" rotation... I don't think it's famous at all (or that it should be). This was my attempt to do a TA mini-bootcamp several years ago before Meta was available. It worked ok but nothing great - my arms got pretty scrawny. I much, much prefer Continuity!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 06:35 AM  
Tugger31

Cathe's Xtrain Legs

I just did this one for the first time, I did the Standing, the Ball/Chair and then the Bonus Barre section and I really liked it! My legs are my problem area as well as a tweaky knee. This workout did not bother me knee at all and I really felt all the moves, had to pause a few times during the reps. Doing the barre/calve section at the end was like icing on the cake! This workout reminds me of Butts & Guts, blended with some AfterBurn and TurboBarre thrown in. I wanted to add in the 100 Rep Challenge and the Floor work but my legs were too tired.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 06:37 AM  
Tugger31

Oops meant to post the above as a separate post not as a comment to yours, sorry for the incidental highjack!!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 09:47 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Terrie and Debbie, thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one with the standing leg issue! I thought I must have a real problem--I mean, we were on like the first exercise, and my working leg was fine, but my standing leg was exhausted! I guess maybe I just need to get used to it and/or play around with slightly different leg positions.

I will try to do Mat twice per week, at least right now when I have some time off work. Today I feel some pleasant soreness all around my upper thighs, including the inner thighs--VERY unusual for me to feel sore in this area, and I can't even figure out which exercises Tracy used to target the inner thighs!

I do have one other question: does anyone skip the Mat abs workout and/or modify with bent legs. Especially being a pear shape (i.e., with a larger butt that sticks out somewhat), I found the abs work with straight legs uncomfortable on my lower back, as my back felt arched too far away from the floor. It would be easier for me to fit in the Mat workout more regularly if I skipped the abs, but I don't want to sacrifice my results, either.

Thanks to all for the responses!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 09:54 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Terrie and Debbie, thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one with the standing leg issue! I thought I must have a real problem--I mean, we were on like the first exercise, and my working leg was fine, but my standing leg was exhausted! I guess maybe I just need to get used to it and/or play around with slightly different leg positions.

I will try to do Mat twice per week, at least right now when I have some time off work. Today I feel some pleasant soreness all around my upper thighs, including the inner thighs--VERY unusual for me to feel sore in this area, and I can't even figure out which exercises Tracy used to target the inner thighs!

I do have one other question: does anyone skip the Mat abs workout and/or modify with bent legs. Especially being a pear shape (i.e., with a larger butt that sticks out somewhat), I found the abs work with straight legs uncomfortable on my lower back, as my back felt arched too far away from the floor. It would be easier for me to fit in the Mat workout more regularly if I skipped the abs, but I don't want to sacrifice my results, either.

Thanks to all for the responses!
Beth, I think the true beauty of TA's workouts is that it does work your entire body, even your non working leg. It's the only "mat" workout that ever keeps my heart rate elevated and has me sweating like crazy.

I do her abs work when I'm in the mood to do it. I do bend my legs whenever it feels uncomfortable on my lower back, and I honestly don't think you'll be losing any ground.

I prefer Hamelin's Youtube abs workouts. Classic abs is fantastic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhu-QC5o4gc
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 09:56 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks, Rebecca! I was scanning upthread for posts from fuzzie. I should have known, since it's "famous", to look harder!

Fuzzie, I knew you were a fan of continuity, so I was surprised at this, but curious, too! Makes sense now that you chimed in.

The thing I love about Mat is that even though I have the dvd, with its parts on youtube & the standing of the legs (mostly), I can do little segments at my desk at work when I have a private moment.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 09:59 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Debbie! While I was doing Mat yesterday, I kept thinking that I should have worn my HRM (I will when I do it next time)--I definitely think my HR was up for at least a good portion of the workout! The moves in the clip you linked to do look like they'd be more comfortable for me. I like Pilates for abs, and I also really liked the Core segment from Paul Katami's new KB DVD.

Btw, Fuzzie, I did see your "famous" rotation on another thread. Apparently you did a two-week rotation of (I think) Mat, Post-Pregnancy Workout, Dance Cardio, and Dance Aerobics; sounds like a lot of others have tried either that rotation or their own versions of it!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 12:08 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Beth - I do mat as mat, I don't recall having issues with the ab work but I think modifying as you describe is fine. Given the lack of chapters, I don't try to skip things and do other ab work!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inner thighs, pear, tracy anderson, tracy anderson results