Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-11, 11:19 AM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappindad View Post
I'm loving this thread.

I started exercising when I was 35 and I'm 43 now. If you go to my profile, I've uploaded some of my before and after pictures. There was no magic formula for me. Diet is very important for me to maintain, as is exercising consistently. I like and do a variety of workouts, from Jillian to Tony to barre.

In my 2011 picture you can see that I'm up about 8-10 pounds from my original "after" picture. Right now I would say I'm a little softer than I'd like but I'm in good health, which is most important to me, so I'm not complaining (too much ).

Debbie
wow those are great results! Congrats!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 11:33 AM  
cdayley

I am 47, and last summer I started doing a half hour of cardio (fast walking) along with 60 mins of workout video each day. I didn't change my eating at all. I use only the Firm and it's spinoffs, like Fitprime, Tracie Long, Stephanie Huckabee, etc. My son was getting married, so I was trying on dresses throughout the summer to find one for the wedding. I also measured my waist because I was making the bridesmaid's dresses and I needed to know if I could hold them up to me to see if they would fit. I started the measuring and trying on dresses over Memorial Day. After that, I lost an inch and a half off my waist in a little over a month, which was a full dress size in designer dresses. I had no idea I was shrinking that much until I went and tried on dresses again over the fourth of July. My DH recently told me to measure again, because I have continued to shrink. I've lost another inch off my waist.
I have changed my eating to decrease sweets, and include more protein, which has caused about a 6 lb. loss. Prior to that, I was up 15 lbs from my high school weight. But - I am more muscular and "tight" than I have ever been, due to the working out. I have even lost inches off my ankles, which has never happened before. I look better and feel better than I have in years (my weight gain started after a car accident six years ago, which led to a neck injury and long term treatment).
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 12:00 PM  
bee1forfitness

I lost 50# and got a well define mid-section, and all over body definition, just doing the Turbo Jam system 6 to 7 day a week (including all her Turbo Jam strength workouts) for 4.5 month. I eat healthy, but also had cheat days where I ate whatever I wanted 1 day a week. My rotation was something like this Turbo Jam strength 1st than Turbo Jam cardio right after strength. 3x per week all the other times straight Turbo Jam Cardio. So in summary 3x per week (75 minutes) 2 Turbo Jam workouts, and 2-3 days (45-50 minutes) of Turbo Jam Cardio only. My body fat measured 13% I'm 5'9. I haven't been able to do Turbo Jam since, because I OD-ed, time factor, and over training, using that systems, but it did work and my BF at the time took me to Paris as a reward ! I'm kinda interested in her Turbo Fire, but have been reading on here that some people are getting injured because of the frantic pace.
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 12:04 PM  
sherry7899

Bee, congratulations!!

Sherry
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 12:09 PM  
lrb04

Sammycake, Congratulations on baby 5! It sounds like you have a great plan to loss the baby weight.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 12:17 PM  
lincnkel

Debbie - you look fantastic! And very motivating as I am 35 now and am the heaviest I've ever been. Thanks for posting your before and afters!

Quote:
I'm loving this thread.

I started exercising when I was 35 and I'm 43 now. If you go to my profile, I've uploaded some of my before and after pictures. There was no magic formula for me. Diet is very important for me to maintain, as is exercising consistently. I like and do a variety of workouts, from Jillian to Tony to barre.

In my 2011 picture you can see that I'm up about 8-10 pounds from my original "after" picture. Right now I would say I'm a little softer than I'd like but I'm in good health, which is most important to me, so I'm not complaining (too much ).

Debbie
lincnkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 12:19 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Your success stories are all wonderfully motivating, and thank you Debbie and Rozy for sharing your amazing photos!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 01:21 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
I'm loving this thread.

Debbie
My goodness, Debbie, you look amazing!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 01:54 PM  
videofit

Quote:
I started exercising when I was 35 and I'm 43 now. If you go to my profile, I've uploaded some of my before and after pictures. Debbie
Wow, Deb, it looks like you not only lost weight but about 10 years!
Old 05-15-11, 01:59 PM  
TonyaC
VF Supporter

I totally agree with everyone who's said that it's mainly diet that gets you an "amazing" body. I've exercised consistently since I was 16 or 17. I'm 38 now. I've never been really large, but I never had an exceptionally inspiring body either, until I really started being careful about how much I was eating. I've slacked off a little lately, and although I'm still looking pretty good (IMHO), I don't feel quite as good about my appearance as I did about 12-18 months ago.

Of course, I think that exercise is important, too! Cardio curbs my appetite. I will admit that heavy weights do sometimes make me ravenously hungry, but it's physical hunger so I don't worry too much about it. I usually take one rest day per week, and my appetite is often through the roof on that day, even though I'm not physically hungry. That is when I struggle the most with food. It's totally non-intuitive, but it's sadly my reality.
TonyaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inspiration, menopause, motivation, perimenopause, results, significant weight loss, success stories, success story, weight loss