Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-12-11, 10:14 AM  
Buffgirl

Share your success story to inspire those that are trying to lose weight..

My friend Rozy, lost 100 pounds and she looks amazing, if you haven't seen her before and after pictures, take a look. She almost didn't share her story because she was afraid people would preceive it as bragging... I am glad she did, and hopefully some people would get inspired and believe is possible!

When I was in my 30's, at the beggining of every year I had a goal to lose 25 lbs., and failed. The next year I would tried again and failed, but I kept trying, and finally I lost about 50 pounds, and promised myself, that I didn't want to be overweight ever again. I took the ACE class for educational purposes and I fell in love with exercise because of the way it makes me feel, is the drug without a drug! I love sharing my story because somepeople that met me in the last 10 yrs. can't even imagine that I was once obese! If you find yoursel frustrated because you have not succeded yet, keep trying! This thread is intended to motivated and encourage you.
At the end of May I will be 50 Yrs. old and I am still wearing petite clothing between sizes 2-4, instead 12-14 in my mid 30's. I am in better shape than when I was 25, and I am facing "the changes in my Hormones" due to my age but I am still in the game and I'm having fun!

I don't have a job, I own a business, I am involved in Real Estate and the Stock Market both of which are very stressful, but the exercise helps me to stay sane.
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 11:53 AM  
Lablover2

Bumping.

I could use some inspiration right now. I am trying to lose 30lbs. 20 of babyweight and 10 that I was carrying before I got pregnant. I am having a terrible time of it and could use some inspiring stories from real people.
Lablover2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 12:11 PM  
Buffgirl

Check out Rozy's blogg, and join us in our check in, Insane workouts.
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 12:46 PM  
Marie B
VF Supporter

Where can we read Rozy's story? I could use some inspiration!
Marie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 12:57 PM  
Nelly G

To give some inspiration

I lost 33 pounds. I still want to lose 13 pounds but I am already happy the way I look now.

When I was 182 pounds after I was ill I dicided I had to change the way I eat and did my workouts because I was not happy with the way I looked.

Before that I did a lot of workouts but it was more strenght training with heavier weights without cardio or interval. I did some cardio on my crosstrainer. I did eat not right as well.

I did loose the weight from April last year very slowly but it was good. I bought a rebounder and when I did not wanted to workout I went any way to the rebounder put the tv on and jumped. Jumping is very relaxing but also burn a lot of calories and if you see a movie you want to see the end and before you know it you jumped more then you planned to do!

I also went back to callanetics and discovered barre which I love
At the moment I am doing Meta Cardio on the rebounder, barre workouts, running and walking interval on my threadmill for only 20 minutes and Meta Omnicentric. Because of Tracy Anderson arms workouts my arms look better so I am not using heavy weights because I bulk.

I am working out on 3 days for 2 hours if I can and 2 days for 1 hour and 2 days I only walk for half an hour. I have to change my workouts now to bootcamp and longer running but I will change when I am ready.

I hope this helps someone!
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 01:07 PM  
Missiscipi

Great idea Buffgirl! Here is the link to my story - http://couchtokettlebells.blogspot.c...ed-it-all.html
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 01:50 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Rozy, I'm amazed at your transformation! And so impressed that you can use such heavy kettlebells, especially since you haven't been at it that long. I can't imagine using a 25 for the Combat workouts and I've been using kettlebells for years.

I am intrigued by your diet. Maybe you could send me a pm about that?
Old 03-12-11, 02:09 PM  
tlchello

Question for Rozy

I hope this isn't too personal and I hope it comes out the right way in print but I have to ask...how do your legs look now? It looks like your thighs were quite big in your before picture and you are so small now. I ask this because I have very heavy thighs and am on a weight loss journey but I often wonder how my legs might look when I am down in weight. Are your legs toned? smooth? excess skin or flabbiness? Are you happy with how you look out of clothes in the lower body?

You truly are an inspiration and what better chance to ask these sorts of questions than from people who have been there and come out on the other end looking gorgeous!
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 02:24 PM  
kat999

YOU LOOK AMAZING, ROZY! \o/
Old 03-12-11, 02:31 PM  
Fit Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffgirl View Post
My friend Rozy, lost 100 pounds and she looks amazing, if you haven't seen her before and after pictures, take a look. She almost didn't share her story because she was afraid people would preceive it as bragging... I am glad she did, and hopefully some people would get inspired and believe is possible!

When I was in my 30's, at the beggining of every year I had a goal to lose 25 lbs., and failed. The next year I would tried again and failed, but I kept trying, and finally I lost about 50 pounds, and promised myself, that I didn't want to be overweight ever again. I took the ACE class for educational purposes and I fell in love with exercise because of the way it makes me feel, is the drug without a drug! I love sharing my story because somepeople that met me in the last 10 yrs. can't even imagine that I was once obese! If you find yoursel frustrated because you have not succeded yet, keep trying! This thread is intended to motivated and encourage you.
At the end of May I will be 50 Yrs. old and I am still wearing petite clothing between sizes 2-4, instead 12-14 in my mid 30's. I am in better shape than when I was 25, and I am facing "the changes in my Hormones" due to my age but I am still in the game and I'm having fun!

I don't have a job, I own a business, I am involved in Real Estate and the Stock Market both of which are very stressful, but the exercise helps me to stay sane.
Wow...rozy! What an AMAZING success story and transformation. How inspirational, you look awesome! I too love kettlebells! Keep up the great work!
Fit Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, inspiration, significant weight loss, success stories, success story, weight loss