Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-09, 02:41 PM  
Honeydew

the firm tall box/"death box" and the square butt syndrome

I"m starting to get bored with cardio.....and I don't have the money to buy anything new. I was thinking of pulling out the all cardio dvd that came with the firm bss3(I think that's the one with the "deathbox" however, when I did these quite sometime ago, I started getting the square butt..not the look I was going for. so i was wondering, do you think I can avoid the "squarebutt syndrome" if i just do the cardio dvd maybe once a week? is anyone still doing tall box work, or step?

I know I know it's a silly question!
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 02:57 PM  
Mandy

If the "cardio" dvd that you are talking about is Fat Blasting Cardio with Lisa Kay, I just did that workout yesterday and there is NO tallbox/legpress work. Just alot of step aerobics and leg work using the 6 inch step and some incline lunges and dips using the step in the incline position but you can always do them on the floor if you don't want to use the transFirmer.
Old 03-04-09, 03:04 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew
...I did these quite sometime ago, I started getting the square butt..not the look I was going for. so i was wondering, do you think I can avoid the "squarebutt syndrome" if i just do the cardio dvd maybe once a week? is anyone still doing tall box work, or step?

I know I know it's a silly question!
Please enlighten me - what is the squarebutt syndrome? Is it square from the back? Or from the side? Is there a cure?

Thx, Lori
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 03:17 PM  
F1mom

It makes you look square from the back view, working the lower back instead of the thutt.

I solved the Sponge Bob Butt Syndrome by only using the 8" portion of the FL or TF for tall box climbs, used lighter weights, and focused on really squeezing the glutes on that step up. I ended up with a very nice derriere, according to DH.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 03:31 PM  
Youngfranken

Now I'm really confused. I was just getting up my nerve to do leg presses again...is this just a tall box climb thing. Why the 'square pants'?
Youngfranken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 03:49 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom
It makes you look square from the back view, working the lower back instead of the thutt.

I solved the Sponge Bob Butt Syndrome by only using the 8" portion of the FL or TF for tall box climbs, used lighter weights, and focused on really squeezing the glutes on that step up. I ended up with a very nice derriere, according to DH.
Thanks! Lori
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 09:54 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have never heard of this I have been doing Firm workouts for years! I guess it must have depend on different body types. I feel fortunate because at 45 the glutes are lifted Not perfect of course, but at least not sagging! I give a lot of credit for this to doing leg press on the tall box. I thought the only problem people had with the tall box climb, or leg press was knee problems!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 10:03 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I've never seen a square butt! Does anyone have a photo of one?

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 11:43 PM  
lissalaurel76

Old 03-05-09, 12:22 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Melissa:
Your spongebob really made me chuckle!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm deathbox, firm for life, spongebob butt