Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-22-14, 01:07 PM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I used 8s and 10s for Sculpt.

For High & Tight, I used 2.5lb on each ankle and was using a medium resistance band by the end of the 1st month, using a heavy one by the end of month 2.

Can't remember where I read it, but there was a BBL thread (I think it was on the Beachbody site) where a woman had the same concern as you (not seeing too much in the way of results for her legs and thighs). Then a few weeks later, she posted again and said that all of the sudden she started slimming down in the second month of the rotation.

Thank you! I just started 2.5 ankle weights, but have been using 3's and 5's for sculpt. Being a pear( ugh) I tent to freak out when weight are involved. Always thinking I'm going to build too much muscle. I build really easy in my upper thighs, weird. Maybe I need to get past this and up the weights!
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 02:29 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Thank you! I just started 2.5 ankle weights, but have been using 3's and 5's for sculpt. Being a pear( ugh) I tent to freak out when weight are involved. Always thinking I'm going to build too much muscle. I build really easy in my upper thighs, weird. Maybe I need to get past this and up the weights!
I'm not really a pear, but I've always been afraid of weights too. A year ago, I would not use more than 5 lbs for my legs. For some reason, I decided to just push myself during BBL. I figured that if I was going to do the rotation, I was going to do it 100%. Combined with weighing my food portions, I actually got smaller all over and am fitting into pants that are 20 years old.

Now I have no problem using 10-12 lbs for my legs and 8-10 lbs for my arms. I've since realized that it's more the type of exercising I was doing (e.g. Cathe several times a week) that was making my thighs thick and giving me this stocky look and not so much the weights. I've since realized that my legs like Tonique, ankle weights (yay for Classic Firms!), and cardio/weight intervals like The Firm, Jari Love's GR1000, etc.

Also, this other woman on the BB site board also describes herself as a pear. She's finished her first 2 month rotation and is starting again.

That said, everyone is different and responds to weights in various ways. However, I don't think that Sculpt is the type of workout that would facilitate bulking, especially when used alongside the other workouts in the Classic/Combination rotation.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, bum bum, high and tight