Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-20, 11:00 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
I feel safer there than the grocery store.
That's pretty much the sentiment my doctor keeps sharing with me when I ask if going to certain medical appointments is ok.

A friend is also a dental hygienist and they are going through all the extra precautions already described. I don't know if I'd go in for a cleaning at this point since I'm extra paranoid, but I wouldn't hesitate going in for something more serious.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 12:01 AM  
Leonana

I was in three weeks ago, for two fillings and a crown, and a cleaning. I had it done all at once. I'm supposed to go back in soon for my permanent crown. It's been over two weeks, I need to call them.

My experience was similar to everyone else's, I felt pretty safe. It was a pretty good experience. I think business is slower, I felt like I got extra special treatment. They really took their time with me.
Old 07-15-20, 05:50 AM  
cam522

I went 3 weeks ago for a cleaning and my experience was like what everyone else has said. I called when I got there and I was told I could come right in, they said to wear a mask in the waiting room and took my temperature. When I was called back I had to rinse with Colgate Peroxyl for 1 minute and the hygienist wore a shield. They didn't have any magazines or anything like that but I felt extremely safe there.

... Cheryl

JMBR graduate 06/13
BJ Gaddour's MetaShred 11/02/2019
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 06:14 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I went to mine last Friday. Probably the most sanitary place in town! They were decked out like HazMat! They had some type of special air circulating thingies. She put some rubber thingie in my cheek to blow air into my mouth for some reason. In the front door, out the back door. Wait in your car until called. I had to answer the COVID questions the day before and day of. Oh, and they took my temp and
had a plex window between me and the receptionist.

I think some of these extra precautions are up to the dentist, though.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 07:16 AM  
DCW

I figure the dentist is probably the best prepared. Since HIV, my dentist had as much PPE in the 80s that other health professional folks are getting and using now.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 07:50 AM  
ardnas

I have twice - once in April and once last week.

My husband and I suspect we had the virus in early March (at that time they wouldn't test us because we weren't in the at risk group and they said we would recover -tests were in limited supply then) so the first time I was kind of scared and thought if we didn't have it, I surely would get it.

The first time I went to the dentist everything was closed and they were only doing emergency apts. It is a 2 story multiple office building but every office was only operating out of one room. You could not come inside until they were ready and called you in your car - no waiting in waiting rooms or going to bathroom. You had your temp checked at front door, then you were scrubbed down w/ antibacterial gel and only allowed to enter in one direction and every office in the entire building was only using one room on the first floor with only one assistant and your dentist. You had to leave one way and no contact with anyone or anything - no payments, no signatures, no forms filled out, no toothpaste or floss or apt cards given like they usually do. Everyone was dressed in hazmat suits w/ masks and shields. It was completely surreal.

I had a cleaning & xrays last week. Our dentist fully opened in early June despite virus rates climbing. They are social distancing and everyone must wear a mask or face shield and have temp checked to enter, but they are back to having people wait distanced in waiting rooms and bathrooms & all offices are opened. No more hazmat suits but staff were all double masked and gloved and they said they spend 15 mins between each patient cleaning everything twice and they can't use certain tools that spray air or water. They said they now have to rinse your mouth out with hydrogen peroxide to clear any bacteria before they do anything. The building and my dentist's office was completely full. They gave out paste, floss, cards like normal and I paid for my prescription toothpaste like normal. They said no one who works there has come down with the virus yet.
Old 07-15-20, 11:17 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Wow, I wasn't expecting so many replies!

Again, thanks for the reassurance. VF is the best!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 11:19 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Wow, I wasn't expecting so many replies!

Again, thanks for the reassurance. VF is the best!
Us Vidiots are a healthy bunch...right down to our teeth .

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 12:43 PM  
warriorprincess

I've been putting off having a nagging little ache in my tooth looked at. I don't know why. It's not like I can delay it until a vaccine is out. But here in South Florida is a scary place to be around people. My eyeglass prescription is way overdue too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 04:06 PM  
Theeearn

I’ve been to see the orthodontist twice. They have very careful to prescreen patients and maintain airborne precautions. They have is wait outside until we are to be seen. They also have left enough space so the patients aren’t too close.
Theeearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, dentist