Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-20, 10:04 AM  
manleym

Kim, I know! What rock have I been hiding under?!?! Honestly I've just never spent the time doing much yoga until recently. I would do it occasionally but now that I'm doing it consistently I can really tell a difference.

Fanofladyvols thanks for the links! I've added them to my playlist! I also love his voice. So calming and soothing.

Bee you are AMAZING!! Look at you moving 1500 lbs of feed!! You go girl!

Kittybug isn't Double Trouble GREAT?!?! I want to revisit it soon. Thanks for the heads up on Rudy. Maybe I'll try one of his practices today or tomorrow. Love trying all of these new to me instructors and workouts!

Waves to all!

Horusosiris sorry you had to contact Apple again! I'm glad they were helpful and it's all figured out. I hope you don't have any more issues.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-20, 12:10 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

kittybug, I know exactly how you feel about the yoga -- so nice to be enjoying it again!!

ChelePA, oh gosh, I'm so sorry about your daughter's finger -- what a heartbreak! I hope all goes well with the surgery and recovery. What a bummer!!

horusosiris what a bummer about your computer, too -- hopefully it's really good now. Thank goodness you're able to get good support from them. Did you guys see that Apple has to pay for slowing down the older iPhones? I saw that there's a website where you can get $25/iphone. I told my boys we probably have a few that would qualify.

Oh, by the way, the 1500 pounds was a 50 pound bag at a time -- I have no doubt that each of you could do that too -- it was just a matter of moving one after the other.

This morning I did Horizontal Conditioning #3. Remember those?! Because yoga has been going better for me I wondered how I would do with HoCo. It was not bad! I definitely took some modifications and also didn't finish all reps on some things. Fun.

I'm off to get a blood test. My husband wants me to ask them to do it outside for me so I'm not in an enclosed space for long, but they are so quick -- I am just not worried. Hopefully I can wait outside. Have a great day!!

Oh, I meant to add.... Tiffany, thanks for chiming in. How cool that your company got streaming subscriptions -- great for the employees and great for the content creators!!
Old 07-16-20, 12:12 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Time for my fierce friends! So many posts!!

bee: I had the first Tapout XT years ago and got rid of it because I didn't like it. Which translates to: it was too hard because I was so overweight. Now I like it but I also like XT2 better. NICE JOB on moving all that feed! Exactly why we workout, yes?

manley: Vytas is AWESOME! But he will also challenge you. I really like his instruction and excellent form tips.

Kim: I think Eoin Finn is still my favorite but I have so many favs. Rudy Mettia, Travis, Vytas, Bryan Kest. So much great Yoga!

Linda: I echo your love of Vytas. His core stuff is wicked! Thanks, yes pain is totally gone. Weird.

Kittybug: I also love this group!! Everyone is so great, fierce, fun. A+++
Jeff Beaudoin is EXCELLENT! I almost forgot about him. Rudy's Forged with Fire series is also top notch. I'm just sharing in the enabling as so many have enabled me before!

horusosiris: Barre Blend no as I'm not a big barre fan. 10 Rounds I've only previewed. 6 Weeks of the Work was actually pretty good. I didn't do all of them, but they're tough workouts. Lots of swearing but there is a "clean" version too.

ChelePA: So sorry about your daughter! I hope she heals fast. This dang virus is so tough on all the kids! Yes prayers. Only bone I've ever broken is my nose...twice. :0

Today I did Tapout XT Muay Thai plus XT Cardio XT. Both about 40 min each and skipped one warmup and one cooldown so it all fit quite well. Lots of awesome fun Muay Thai moves (I LOVE this form of martial arts). Tons of elbows, knees, kicks.
Cardio XT actually included a lot of martial arts stuff too and I got a good sweaty cardio workout. Not killer but definitely sweaty and a lot of total body work in both. I'm feeling it.
I just used my 1.5lb gloves for both since it was new to me.

So far I prefer Tapout XT2 over this first one but I think they would be good to do together some time.

Happy Thursday! Did you give it your full fierceness today?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-20, 03:52 PM  
ChelePA

Just a quick update on my daughter’s surgery. Thanks for the well wishes. Means so much!

Pinning done to straighten bone. 3-4 weeks until removed. Then another 3 weeks until healed. No work or softball.

She was beyond anxious. Glad to be home.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-20, 04:20 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Just a quick update on my daughter’s surgery. Thanks for the well wishes. Means so much!

Pinning done to straighten bone. 3-4 weeks until removed. Then another 3 weeks until healed. No work or softball.

Chel- so glad that everything went well!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-20, 07:11 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA thanks for updating us on your daughter. At least she didn’t have to wait long for the surgery and it’s over now. I hope she can relax a little. It really has been a trying time for you and your family lately. Well, you have lots of first hand experience to help her cope with her recuperation. (Trying to find the positive).

Kate You and I definitely have the same taste in yoga instructors. I also love Eoin Finn. He’s in my top 5.

Bee excellent job on moving the chicken feed! Way to go fierce Watulan! We get 2 tons of coal delivered twice a year and my husband and I haul it in buckets from the garage to the cellar. We carry it around the back of the house, down the steps to the cellar and dump it in a coal bin. I always give thanks to my workouts for the ability to help out with this chore. The next day I’m a little sore in my shoulders, but other than that, no problems. It makes me feel pretty darn proud to think I hauled about a ton of coal.

Hope everyone has a great night. I’m off to do my workout. I think I’ll do my new Amy Nicotera.

Kim

ETA: I did 2 x 2 Conditioning Volume 2. This was fun, moderate work. I like Amy Nicotera as an instructor. She's not over the top, gives good motivation and form tips. The workout uses a step and hand weights and alternates 2 minutes of cardio and 2 minutes of weight work. There are three versions of each section; base move, then next level, then hardest level. I really like having those options because I usually can't sustain the hardest level the entire time. The workout has lots of variety and the main program is 41 minutes. There are 4 bonus blocks at 4 minutes each if you want to extend the workout to about an hour. Good stuff!
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-20, 09:08 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi fierce Watulans!

Yesterday I did Amy Dixon's Super Fit Bod. I love Amy and I guess the only reason I hadn't looked at this one before is I don't like the title. But I like the workout a lot! Amy is always encouraging without being a drill sergeant. I got a good sweaty workout.

Today I ventured into the world of Sleek Technique! I watched the tutorial yesterday but ran out of time so rescheduled doing a workout today. I watched the tutorial again and did Bootcamp 1 and 2. I am in no way as graceful as these ladies, and I know I could do these workouts 24/7 for the rest of my life and I would never have a body like a ballerina, but I enjoyed the movements and did a pretty good job of keeping up with them and learning the combinations. I got sweaty and felt worked, but not exhausted. They get two paws up, so thanks for the enabling, horusosiris!

Since I wasn't exhausted, I did Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio. I had done this one on You Tube, but obviously the DVD was better quality and there were a few bonuses on it. The music on this one just made me smile through the whole workout!

bee, good for you on Feed Max! 1500 pounds is 30 50 pound bags (at least by my math) and that's a lot, so don't minimize your accomplishment!! And Kim, you are just as fierce hauling that coal!

ChelePA, glad your daughter's surgery went well, although I'm sure she's disappointed about softball.

Kate, glad your injury has healed, whatever it might have been.

horusosiris, I love the expression "textshame." It's happened to me for sure---I realized I've made a typo or written a nonsense sentence---and it's quoted before I can fix it and it now lives for all eternity!

kittybug, manleym, fanofladyvols and all you other enablers, I have never been able to get into yoga, but you all are tempting me to try it yet again.

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-20, 09:05 AM  
Mickey12

Cataddict I totally agree on the music in Christie’s workouts. It’s so good and fits the choreography perfectly. I wish they still made workouts like that.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-20, 11:18 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post

I'm so happy for you that everything went well. Wishing her a speedy recovery!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-20, 11:35 AM  
lavna

Hi everybody!

Just a quick hello! I'm so behind in following everyone posts. I'm amazed at your ability to follow everything! I try but I can't do it!

Yesterday, I decided to ditch Metabolic renewal and do a Cathe leg workout. I missed doing Cathe! I did the leg section from Fit split. I hadn't done legs for a while so I got a good workout!

I'm happy that she's filming Perfect30 at the end of the month. I preordered the downloads only. I was disappointed by Step Boss but since I can't resist a Cathe presale, I got the least expensive. And I didn't have to pay for shipping or get something else to save shippings costs.

Bee: congrats on being able to move all that weight. even if it's "only" 30 lbs at a time, it's a lot of bags!

cataddict: I think I have Super fit bod but haven't tried it yet. Maybe I should!

Waves to everyone!
Stay fierce!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in