Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-14, 08:05 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I also used to collect their catalogs. I love the time breakdowns and the time that is spent for each body region. However, I admit that I've been ordering more from Mary and Amazon lately. Their prices were better.
Old 03-11-14, 08:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

That's sad! I haven't ordered from them in a long time, but I probably visit their web site several times a week to look at clips...I will miss them!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 08:16 PM  
firmaniac

...this just makes me so sad. I wonder if there will be a way to archive or keep active the forum, all the reviews, and details? It seems a crime to make all these 27 years of knowledge just suddenly vanish... I'm just sick. I only ordered a couple of times a year, so I know "why" this is happening. But it hurts. My Collage t-shirts are going on the wall display - final wash & iron and then retired for inspiration. Sigh

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 08:22 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Wow, it's like losing an old friend. I've been a catalog customer since the early 1990s, when Collage sold me my first Cathe VHS (Max Intensity Strength and Max Intensity Cardio). I love the breakdowns and reviews, and before I found VF, I considered any "Staff Favorite" to be the highest recommendation out there for a vidiot!

Must be a combination of Amazon, eBay and the popularity of downloads that's doing in Collage. REALLY sorry to see them go.
Old 03-11-14, 08:27 PM  
boukilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Wow, it's like losing an old friend. I've been a catalog customer since the early 1990s, when Collage sold me my first Cathe VHS (Max Intensity Strength and Max Intensity Cardio). I love the breakdowns and reviews, and before I found VF, I considered any "Staff Favorite" to be the highest recommendation out there for a vidiot!

Must be a combination of Amazon, eBay and the popularity of downloads that's doing in Collage. REALLY sorry to see them go.
Me too.

Except it was Kathy Smith's Step video. I'm really sad about this.

I hope downloads, Amazon and EBay don't hurt Mary's business.
Old 03-11-14, 08:37 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Up until about a year or so ago, their prices were not at all competitive with other sellers, and they sold everything full price. Something had to give. I also wondered what was going on when their "coming soon" section was just not "coming" soon enough. I'm sorry to see them go, but I'm not that surprised.
These are my thoughts too.

They also made it hard for me ever to qualify for free shipping. I'd frequently be under the limit by just a few pennies, and just couldn't see my way to paying extra for something I could buy for less, or at least with free shipping, elsewhere. Sounds like a small thing, but those shipping dollars add up.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 08:38 PM  
4leftlimbs

Wow, that's sad! I'm relatively new to buying workout videos online (maybe a little over a year and a half?), but, knowing that they were pioneers and all the information they provide that no one else does... Even a relative newbie like me feels the loss. I feel worse for the company and those of you who have used that site since its beginning! I can already imagine all the future wistful VF posts wishing Collage was still around!
4leftlimbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 08:50 PM  
T2B

This is very sad news.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 08:53 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

Pre-internet I recall pouring over and dog-earing each new catalog. Collage was THE unmatched source for videos before its competition appeared. Competition yes, but no other merchant replaces them.
Susan G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 08:53 PM  
punkrockmom
VF Supporter

So sad. I only bought from them once but I loved reading the success stories.
punkrockmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage forum, collage video, collagevideo, collagevideo.com