Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-14, 05:36 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Question Bootcamp + detox ideas?

I've been having a pretty tough time this winter - not sleeping well, exhausted stressful workdays, no energy/mojo to exercise regularly or eat well. And did I mention not sleeping well? Of course this harsh weather hasn't been helping either. Maybe some of you have been feeling this way too?

Anyway, I have next week off and am planning a kickbutt course of action to get me going on the right track again. I'm having fun deciding on a home fitness bootcamp of sorts, but thought it would be a good idea to combine with a couple of days detoxing plus a good cleansing diet. (No pills or supplements, just wholesome food.) Please note I'm not asking for specific advice nor am I trying to defy Wendy's rules, but I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to share websites and/or blogs that might inspire me and provide a starting point. Again, I'm not trying to start a diet-related discussion as I know that's not allowed here. Just would appreciate some sites (or even forums?) that I can investigate further on my own. PMs would be more than welcome if you feel uncomfortable mentioning info here. Many thanks!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 06:59 PM  
kmissa

Not a detox per we but I love dandelion tea, lemon unsweetened cranberry juice. All all nature and help flush out extra water and junk naturally.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 08:37 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks, kmissa. I like that idea!
Old 02-12-14, 11:01 PM  
hotncmom

I like the Bombshell Spell from Tone it Up. 1/2 cup pineapple juice, 1 tbsp. organic apple cider vinegar, drizzle of honey. I don't know what it does exactly but there are all kinds of claims about health benefits of apple cider vinegar (Bragg's brand with the "mother").
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 11:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

That's the apple cider vinegar I always buy! Thanks for the recipe.
Old 02-13-14, 06:08 AM  
eannem

i have been feeling the same way this winter.

i know there is a "group" (not sure that is the terminology) on myfitnesspal for VF people. Last i looked it was not active at all, but maybe some would want to check in there?

and depending on what you decide workout-wise, you may find a facebook group.
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 10:36 AM  
Jane1721

It's not detox, but I always feel better when I practice intermittent fasting. There are different variations of it but I like Fast Five. The website has a free e-book you can download that explains the whole thing, with a lot of detail on why IE is beneficial.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 10:49 AM  
seabliss

My husband is doing a Juicemaster cleanse. It consists of freshly juiced veggies and fruits, mostly. You can do a detox of 3, 5, or 7 days, and then you slowly add back in other foods. You do need a juicer and a blender, though.
Old 02-13-14, 10:59 AM  
edensmom

I did a 3 day juice fast and it was very hard!! I also drank a ton of herbal tea and veggie broth bc I was SO hungry. I would not recommend undertaking a rigorous workout while doing a juice fast.

I am glad I did it. I went cold turkey from coffee and didn't miss it. I had been SO dependent. I had started feeling like I was walking around with my pillowcase over my head (in a fog) until until cup #2.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 12:45 PM  
kalliope999

It's not really a detox, but we did a Whole30 last January. For my husband in particular, it improved sleep quality a lot.