Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-11, 01:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pratima, I don't have those, but the color is cute!

However, if you want cushion-y, the shoes I now wear for working out are these super-cushion-y Sketchers:
http://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Shape...8183389&sr=8-2

They are not technically cross-trainers, but I love them for a variety of workouts! They don't have "rocker" soles like traditional "shape-up" sneakers; instead, the soles have two separate toning "pods" (in front and back) which encourage you to work harder to stabilize/balance (although I don't find them unsteady at all).

They are really comfortable and come in VERY cool colors--I wanted the Charcoal/Lime, which unfortunately they didn't have in my size, so I got the White/Lime, which I am very happy with.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 11:19 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Beth, do those actually throw you off balance? My problems right now are that I need serious cushioning because I'm having issues with my postpartum knees, and I have pretty high arches so I also need support.

I used to love Rykas but find that they're neither cushioned nor stabilizing enough. Does anyone really wear crosstrainers/fitness shoes anymore? I could easily get fitted for running shoes, but for say, kickboxing-appropriate footwear I'm on my own!

I haven't ordered anything yet, BTW, but am still attracted to the pink/camo Asics.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 11:21 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Oh, and how is the sizing on the Skechers? I read your review, sounds like you wear the same size in regular and exercise shoes and order that? I wear a 6 in regular shoes, but usually go with a 7 in workout shoes.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Old 10-10-11, 04:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pratima, no, I don't find that the Sketchers Toners actually through me off-balance--that's why I said I didn't find them unsteady. It's hard to explain, but they have sort of a dynamic feel to them, like they propel your foot into motion--for me it is a good thing! I wanted lots of cushioning b/c I work out in a basement that is just thin carpet over concrete, and any impact seems like too much to me! I don't have high insteps, but the top of my foot is actually high, and the Toners don't bother them at all. Also, they are the first recent pair of workout sneakers I've had that fit well in the heel without slipping or special lacing. Prior to these, I actually owned Rykas (the XT3 Training Shoe). I liked those, but they weren't as cushioned and didn't fit as well; I now wear them for biking.

Regarding the size, I guess I am just a pretty consistent 8 1/2--I have always ordered the same size sneaker as regular shoes, and it always seems to work out fine. Some of the reviews for the Toners said to order up, but I stuck with the 8 1/2, and they are just fine for me, including plenty of room in the toe box. But I can't guarantee that this would be the right choice for everyone!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 05:16 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I checked, and a store near me has them! The price on Amazon is better though, so I figure I'll try them on and then order if they seem OK. I REALLY need new cross trainers. The Rykas I'm wearing are pretty new but still don't seem all that cushioned.

Tags
shoes