Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-11, 04:42 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Has anyone tried Asics cross-trainers?

I'm looking specifically at the Euphoria shoes in this very interesting color. I've been wearing Ryka cross trainers but they don't seem quite cushioned enough.

These aren't available at any local stores, but since they have free shipping and can be returned to a store, I might just order these and a couple of pairs of other shoes and see what they're like.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 06:44 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I have the 260 TA and love them. I've been a New Balance gal for years but these are my new favorites.

Unfortunately, I am Big Foot's spawn and have to wear men's shoes. I would rather have had the women's white/purple ones, but I had to get the black ones.

I noticed Michelle Dozois wears them in her Peak Fit workouts.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 08:14 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Unfortunately, I am Big Foot's spawn and have to wear men's shoes.
Ha! I thought that was me!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 11:55 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Michelle wears the 260s? Interesting! It seems like not many companies make cross trainers these days. Most of the ones I see are from Avia, and I've never felt those were cushioned enough.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-11, 05:13 AM  
PhyllisG

I wore New Balance CT's for years but recently had trouble finding them so I finally bought Asics. What a revelation. They are great. I forget which model but I am not going back to New Balance any time soon.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-11, 11:09 AM  
muddjeansgal

I love ASICS. They fit my feet very well and I have tried many different styles of their cross trainers, not those though.
I am usually disappointed in every other brand but not ASICS.

Those are cute. I like funky looking shoes, not just plain white or black.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 09:07 PM  
Kesal

I have Asics 260s, and they are the best cross trainer I've ever had. I'd mostly switched back and forth between NB and Ryka before. The last two pairs of Rykas have been awful. I couldn't wait to wear them out enough that I could justify replacing them.

The Asics are so comfortable. My only problem with them is that I'm between sizes. I bought the larger size, and replaced the insoles with a thicker pair, and they're perfect (it's not the new insole that makes them perfect -- I had the same issue with the Rykas and tried the same solution).
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 12:55 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Michelle wears the 260s? Interesting! It seems like not many companies make cross trainers these days. Most of the ones I see are from Avia, and I've never felt those were cushioned enough.
I'm not 100% sure it was the 260, but it was definitely Asics. And it looked like the same colors of the women's 260 that I tried but couldn't wear because of my big foot and the fact that I couldn't find them in a wide.

I do love my black (men's) shoes, but would have liked white/purple.

Does anyone who has the 260 have any of the others? I see lots of them in stores but they're not usually trainers and they don't have the same contour of the 260. They just have a beautiful shape the way they go in at the middle (like a whittled waistline ). I'd like to get more Asics but I'm not sure if I should just stick with 260 or if any of the other models are as good.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 09:24 PM  
sjazz78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Unfortunately, I am Big Foot's spawn and have to wear men's shoes.
I guess Big Foot was making his rounds because I also have to go for the larger size. I've gotten used to opting for the black workout shoes over the years and that also effect my color choice of workout clothing so my looks don't clash to much
Old 10-09-11, 09:01 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I actually use one of the Asics running shoes--it is the 2160 line, though I have some earlier models. I find it great. Very well cushioned. I also have to buy a Wide, which Asics makes in certain models.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoes