Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews

Old 05-27-11, 02:36 PM  
2ndgen

I don't see anything on the page I bring up from the OP's link that is like what you are saying on this thread.

What evidence do you have that Collage is doing something wrong?
2ndgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-11, 03:31 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgen View Post
I don't see anything on the page I bring up from the OP's link that is like what you are saying on this thread.

You don't think that the two "reviews" (posted below) of Chair Dancing Through The Decades are disrespectful - to say the least - of people who may be interested in buying the DVD?

As well, as has been pointed out upthread, it appears that the author (and I assume that the reviews were both written by the same person) hasn't actually done the DVD, so they're not genuine reviews.

I just hope the person who wrote the reviews never breaks an ankle.

Quote:
Saved my life
Before this wondrous video came into my life I was a shell of a man. I lacked confidence, was way overweight and stayed in my room 23 hours out of the day playing world of warcraft: cataclysm. When I was out at the store one afternoon I witnessed something I knew I needed to be a part of, a challenging duel of witches, warlocks, elves and trolls (L.A.R.P.) I knew this was the reason I was put on this Earth. I knew I had to lose the weight and was extremely uncomfortable working out in a gym. I rush ordered this Godsend of a video. The next afternoon I pulled up a chair and popped in the video. I could feel the effects immediately, my biceps swelled to enormous size, my stomach tightened and even my acne began to disappear. In just one forty minute session I was transformed, from plain Thomas J Billings to Lord Dogmus: Prince of Leigmar. I now rule middle earth (Neawah Park) every Sunday afternoon 2-4pm. Please do not underestimate the power and magical powers of this amazing chair dancing video. It has changed my life and it can change yours. - posted by Lord Dogmus Prince of Leigmar on 5/6/2011

One of a Kind workout
I saw an ad for this instructional video a few weeks ago. Sensing that any moment parted from this DVD could result in days off my life expectancy, I naturally express shipped it to my abode. I could almost hear the muffled sounds of ragtime, hip hop, and jazz spewing out of the manilla envelope upon its arrival. My life has changed dramatically since my purchase of this video; most noticeably my attractiveness at clubs. Women are pulled to me from yards away as they can not resist the man they see, dancing the doo wop from the VIP booth. They recognize that a man who can dance WHILE sitting is a man who has his priorities straight. The stories are endless as well as my satisfaction levels for this video. - posted by Goosits on 5/5/2011
Old 05-27-11, 05:03 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
You don't think that the two "reviews" (posted below) of Chair Dancing Through The Decades are disrespectful - to say the least - of people who may be interested in buying the DVD?

As well, as has been pointed out upthread, it appears that the author (and I assume that the reviews were both written by the same person) hasn't actually done the DVD, so they're not genuine reviews.

I just hope the person who wrote the reviews never breaks an ankle.
Yeah, they look like the work of a college student, and an agist one at that.
Two completely different additions around this thread.
. I once got my late 90-something father to do a little of a chair dancing video. He loved it-particularly the very cute "senior appeal" music.
. Re: Amazon. I once published a middling review there criticizing a yoga instructor's cloying style ie. "I teach with CELEBRITIES." It was met with remarks from defenders, I presume her student followers, who simply adored the woman. OK. That's part of the playing field at Amazon.
Susan G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-11, 05:44 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgen View Post

Redpanda provided the 2 reviews in question. But you can find Hot Topic threads here that discuss of VFers reviews have been "stolen" for lack of a better word and copy-pasted onto Collage's website. When collage was informed, they chose to do nothing. That is not a isolated case.

I see that as a violation and this is why the thread was started. If you don't integrity and good overall customer service- which includes the reviews offered to, for, and from customers, then IMO, that reflects quite poorly on a site.

I'll add to that unrelated to collage, I've been attacked by a staff member for a popular instructor bc of my poor review. I wasn't hateful but I didn't like the production and was stalked through various websites and personal email as a result. Without reviews, I am sure collage couldn't sell as many workouts. Positive reviews = greater sales. Just a side note.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 12:20 AM  
2ndgen

Yea, I have seen the threads at VF about stolen reviews but that doesn't seem to be anything anybody can really prove nor does it seem recent.

I did find the bit in the forum with complaints about reviews of a video. Some posters ended up deciding those were funny. I did not think it was the same thing as Collage allowing phony reviews.

It may or may not have happened before. I have looked at their forum from time to time and feel the mods have a bit of an attitude, I don't really care what they say or do there as I'm not too interested in the forum.

I love Collage. If they were knowingly allowing phony reviews on their forum, I would not know about it because I would not read it. ,
Old 05-28-11, 09:22 AM  
Artist of Eyes

I consider it phony, aka fake, when someone posts a review for a workout they didn't do. And I also consider it fake when someone copies and pastes someone else's words into a review. If you go to the forums here at VF they will provide links. I think it's a shame that this would happen and futhermore, trusting a fellow, well documented (and trusted) VFer is something many of us here would do; why would they lie, what possible reason would they have to say those things?

I shop collage, but no way shape of form would I say I love them. It's incidences like this that keep me from loving it. That and you can find better deals and better CS elsewhere.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

Old 05-28-11, 09:45 AM  
ldy_solana

well if they are allowing copied reviews then its wrong. same with amazon. posts can be proven from when a VFer may post it here to when it shows up on either of these sites. you can't take content from message boards or other sites without the site's owners permission so it's just illegal anyway.

i emailed amazon about early reviews and they say they do that b/c some ppl get early/advanced copies and most of the time products are out before amazon sells them anyway. some of the reviews are just bogus and i know one time amazon did delete them b/c the ppl didn't actually review the product. i am not sure of other times they have done it, just the times i have emailed them and complained. it's such a persistent problem i can imagine that it is hard to police it unless ppl complain.

i never complained to collage, b/c as stated, i can find deals elsewhere so i don't really use collage, although i do like to rely on reviews for my purchases. the only time i use collage is when i can't order a dvd elsewhere. that scenario is such a rarity for me personally that i haven't used collage since i ordered aerobarre.

it is upsetting to some b/c they use the reviews to make sound purchases. it is obvious that the collage ones are a joke and a mockery of workout vids, but on amazon it's another bowl of wax; you can't tell the mole from the sincere reviewer/customer or the person with an ax to grind.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 10:10 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I view all reviews with a grain of salt. (Especially ones where the reviewer got the video for free.) Collage is the LAST place I'd go for review information. I will look at the clips sometimes. I haven't visited their forum in years. Their "Staff Favorites" designation is random and inscrutable.

Amazon reviews need to be filtered, too. I was looking up panties last year and you'd be amazed at how many GUYS wear women's panties and write reviews from the male perspective.

Not exactly helpful for a woman!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 11:02 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
...Amazon reviews need to be filtered, too. I was looking up panties last year and you'd be amazed at how many GUYS wear women's panties and write reviews from the male perspective.

Not exactly helpful for a woman!
Well alrighty then. That's not something I would have thought to be on the look out for. Interesting.

Old 05-28-11, 02:11 PM  
2ndgen

Smile

I do love Collage, really, lol. Have always gotten really good service from them.

I don't think I said anybody was lying. I have seen the links. My comment is that t'would be hard to prove.

I do not distrust anyone of VF or even on Collage. I just don't care about the issue (lol, so why would I post here again, don't know except I am talkative).

Peace, Artist of Eyes, have a great weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
I consider it phony, aka fake, when someone posts a review for a workout they didn't do. And I also consider it fake when someone copies and pastes someone else's words into a review. If you go to the forums here at VF they will provide links. I think it's a shame that this would happen and futhermore, trusting a fellow, well documented (and trusted) VFer is something many of us here would do; why would they lie, what possible reason would they have to say those things?

I shop collage, but no way shape of form would I say I love them. It's incidences like this that keep me from loving it. That and you can find better deals and better CS elsewhere.

Tags
amazon, amazon.com, collage, collage reviews, collage video, collagevideo.com, reviews