Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-11, 06:15 PM  
bfit

very annoyed with Collage video!

I ordered Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 from Collage weeks ago for my husband's birthday. The first one was defective so I sent it back and they sent a replacement. The second one was defective too, and again, I sent it back. This time they said they would look at the new one before they sent it out to make sure it was OK, but it is also defective and has to go back. My other DVDs play fine, I've tried the Ripped in 30 DVDs in two different DVD players, and they are all flawed in exactly the same place (halfway through Week 2). I'm just going to ask for my money back at this point and give up on getting this workout. Obviously, Collage has a flawed batch of them and won't admit it. I'm especially annoyed that they said they would watch it to make sure it was OK, and it obviously isn't. This isn't just a small "skip" - it's a major freeze that anyone would notice. My husband is disappointed because the rest of the workout looks good, but it's silly to spend the money on something where you can't use basically 1/4 of the workout.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 06:24 PM  
yahoo205

i think i read a review on amazon about the glitch. makes me hesitant to buy it.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 06:32 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Maybe the defect just occurs on certain DVD players and they did play it and it was OK on their player. It seems like they were trying to be accommodating.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 06:51 PM  
Donna D

This isn't Collage's fault and they will make good for you. I received three defective copies and finally ordered one from Mary, which plays fine. Please see the following email I received from Jill when I reported that the third one is defective.

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:04 PM
To: Donna
Subject: RE: Defective disc - Jillian Michaels - Ripped in 30

Donna -

Thanks for letting me know. The most troubling aspect of this particular defect, is that it isn't a wide-spread problem and doesn't seem to be consistent. On two identical players, one will play correctly and one will not. We have sent some "defective" copies to Gaiam for testing. Hopefully they will discover the problem and correct it in future runs. I'm glad you were able to get a copy that worked for you.

We will send an envelope out this afternoon
Hope spring is coming your way--we are expecting snow this afternoon!

Sincerely,

Jill
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 06:51 PM  
momof10

Mine is the same way, but it just kind of freezes, like a glitch for about a couple of seconds, then it's fine for the rest od the DVD. It is only during the second workout. The other three workouts are fine.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 07:21 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
This isn't Collage's fault and they will make good for you.
I agree, Base on your own post they were trying to accommodate you sending replacements and checking before they sent you another DVD out...the fault perhaps is the manufactures, Collage is only the seller/distributor
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 07:24 PM  
2ndgen

Collage has excellent customer service. They will make it ok!
2ndgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 07:26 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I agree, Basic on your own post they were trying to accommodate you sending replacements and checking before they sent you another DVD out...the fault perhaps is the manufactures, Collage is only the seller/distributor
Well said. They don't deserve the negative publicity on something that is not their fault.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 07:28 PM  
ldy_solana

this is the 3rd time i have read about glitches with the new ripped 30. i am sorry you have to go through this but thank you for posting the experience so that others are aware. i was considering either purchasing or trading for this but i think i will hold out until the issue is fixed. plz let us know any updates b/c if collage works anything out with the manufacturer then i will purchase from them.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 08:01 PM  
Linda KH
VF Supporter

I had the same issue, and Collage provided excellent service. My replacement disc worked fine (thank goodness), but they made it clear that they were willing to provide a refund if I continued to have issues.

When I discovered the glitch, I was relieved when I remembered I had bought it at Collage. If I had purchased it from Target they wouldn't have taken it back, defect or no. I knew Collage would make it right.

ETA: My first disc froze up completely on the DVD player in my workout room, but played ok with just a minor "hiccup" on my family room DVD player. So not all players are affected by the glitch.

Tags
collage, collage video, collagevideo.com, defective dvd, jillian michaels, ripped in 30