Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-19-09, 08:21 AM  
FitForever

Question CLX... is the Extreme Deluxe DVD worth it?

I'm going to bite the bullett & order CLX this week. I did weights in the past with good results, but got away from it. I've gained some #'s, and have been doing mainly cardio for a while, but I'm not seeing any results. Hopefully this program will kick start a better, healthier me!!!

I'm not sure if I should order the standard set or go for the super deluxe - so here's a couple of questions for all you CLX experts:

- Do I need the extra equipment that comes with the deluxe set? - I have weighted gloves & tubing from other sets already. I've lifted weights before, so I would expect to start lifting some weight from the get go using dumbbells.

- Is the Extreme Deluxe DVD worth getting from the get go, or should I wait until I'm into the program to shell out the 50 bucks? I'm not sure where these extra workouts fit into the CLX rotation.

Thanks for your input.
FitForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 09:00 AM  
DaisyB

I am not sure what is in the deluxe set as far as equipment because I ordered the basic set. I can say I ordered the extra DVD after the fact and regretted not ordering it sooner. It has my favorite cardio in the program and I continue to use it on a regular basis even after completing CLX several months ago.

I do think the extra dvd is worth it.

Good luck!
DaisyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 09:09 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I personally LOVE the xtra dvd! I just really like Chalene's cardio workouts, and I use these even when I am not using her strength workouts. Well worth the xtra cost for me, anyway! Her ab workouts are great as well!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 09:11 AM  
melfitz

YES the deluxe set is worth it! Fat Burn Challenge is my absolute fave cardio! It is quick and so much fun! Get Lean Intervals is awesome, too! I like them better than the cardio with the basic set. I've Got Abs is a really fun ab workout!
melfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 09:25 AM  
DachsieDogMom

I dont have the extra DVD but you can save $40 by just buying the extra DVD without the equipment. I plan to get this DVD at some point, I've heard great things.
DachsieDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 10:38 AM  
FitForever

Thanks for the replies, everyone. So...I guess the consensus is to get the Basic Set + the Deluxe DVD WITHOUT the equipment. Did anyone who purchased everything use the extra equipment anyway?

BTW - It's nice to have the option - I'm so tired of buying gadgets. I have a whole box of extras!!

I'm really excited about this program. It looks fun & different from what I have been doing lately. Hopefully it will jumpstart & motivate me to be healthier!

I'll be ordering mine from Mary very soon.
FitForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 11:22 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

I agree. You do not need the stuff, but I LOVE the dvd. CLX cardio is my favorite. I used to hate cardio, but I actually look forward to this. My vote is get it!
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 11:10 PM  
tigger

I liked these workouts too (haven't even tried the abs one). The interval one is different from Burn Intervals in that the recovery / strength portions contain combination movements. Also, the cardio workout was not quite as tough as Burn It Off to me (though others might disagree), but I liked it. It has a different feel to it (which of course means that you need it)!!
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-09, 03:27 AM  
iamfirmin

I ROTATE it (CLX) with Cathe Gym style --Slow and Heavy -- and
Amy 's SLO MO.... !!!!
Old 09-20-09, 12:21 PM  
shoegoddess

How do you order just the DVD? I went to BB and can't figure it out.
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clx