Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-20, 08:28 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: slim & 6-pack and slim & limber; also did clams with resistance loop.

What is it with home repairs?! This has gotta stop! Toilet leak in big bathroom, so I called handyKen. Lit a fire under him by asking him if he would fix it or should I call the plumbing company. That always riles him. He'll be here tomorrow morning. He does great work and his prices are so much lower than a plumbing company.

And I spent too much time today trying to introduce my new computer to the printer. Followed all the instructions three times and it still won't print. The iphone connection works. I don't recall having a hassle in connecting to my old computer. I'll call the Canon printer help line tomorrow.

Cheryl, glad to hear your AC was fixed, hope it works OK soon.

Lynn, I haven't done much knitting lately. A 90-year-old church lady has been busting my stash for me. I send her yarn and she knits shawls like Rapunzel spinning straw into gold. Fine with me. I still have yarn that Ican use too. One of the church board members has been active in getting shawls to people in need.

Ah well, enjoying my stay-cation.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 09:54 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Yes, we sing as a group. We just sing in our range. It's 6 of us. A couple people do solo's. My friend is one who does solo's. Her range/pitch is very high.

Cheryl
I hope the A/C is fixed. Is it continuing to cool down.

Check-In: Painting

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 08:03 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-15-20, 01:32 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Bodylastics circuit workout

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-15-20, 04:20 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Cardio Core Express, and 3 sets of those seated leg lifts from the knee vid.

HandyKen fixed the toilet, fixed the oven door hinge (a stop-gap of using a screwdriver to hold a broken part of the hinge in place to close the door; I won't get tired of that when I know how much a new range would cost) AND got my computer and printer connected.
Old 07-15-20, 06:04 PM  
lynnf

yoga day -- did Iyengar in the am and was doing an hour long yin class until I started to inhale lighter fluid and realized DH was planning to grill tonight. It's been a while and the grill STILL isn't ready. But inhaling charcoal wasn't any better so I had to stop. Well his heart was in the right place. I was sore from yesterday heavy weight work. I even tried negative pull ups which mostly seemed like just letting go, but apparently did work my lats.

Cynthia, hurrah for such a great handy man, who does computers too. Sounds like that 90-year old is a killer knitter. Now with Zoom meetings I can crochet through meetings, which makes them a lot more productive.

Cheryl, that looks like a very cute puzzle. And so glad the AC FINALLY is fixed. It will take some time to get the house cooled down, but hopefully you will get some relief soon. That was some ordeal. Hope it wasn't too expensive.

Diana, so are you singing now?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 06:16 PM  
seabliss

Today I tried out yet another instructor, MadFit, who has over four million subscribers but I've never heard of. I did her Low Impact Full Body HIIT (No Jumping). Also, the guy who was doing the fun walking workouts re-uploaded all his workouts along with a new one to a new Youtube name, Reps to the Rhythm, so DD and I did his new 3,000 step workout (broken up over the day). We also walked half a mile outdoors (it was hot).

Our A/C is working fine now! It was cooled down totally by the time I got up this morning and has been keeping it cool since. I guess it was just tough to get it cooled down when it is so hot out.

Cynthia, sorry about the troubles! Our wifi (Cannon) printer always disconnects from our devices. We always have to reconnect it before we can print anything. It involves pushing buttons on the printer and router. It's a pain. Our old printer did the same thing. BTW, you can get off-brand toner for your printer on Amazon for a fraction of the price and it works great.

Diana, sounds like your group keeps things simple. Are you enjoying singing with them?

Lynn, lighter fluid is not good to inhale anytime, but especially during a workout!

Waving to Linda!

Cheryl
Old 07-15-20, 08:29 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, woo-hoo for off-brand ink/toner. How does amazon list it?
Old 07-15-20, 09:01 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Ladies, We are just practicing right now. I love to sing when I am alone or with someone else in my car. I am terrified to sing with the group and think my voice is terrible. I'm in a bad mood about the whole thing. (no one else knows this) I always get so wound up over everything and feel negative about myself. All of these ladies have sang with me in the car, sang with me with the children or even while we sing in church. The crazy voices in my head have been telling me that they are making fun of me. I just hate feeling like this.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-15-20, 09:21 PM  
seabliss

Diana, it's better to listen to the people around you in this case. What they say, their facial expressions, their body language. If they are happy about what you're doing, then you know your negative feelings are all in your head. Remember that you haven't done this before, so of course you feel nervous about it!

Cynthia, if you look up the brand of your printer on Amazon with "toner," you'll see some options. We got our toner for about $20, a huge box full of many cartridges in all the colors. It's a little more now but still really cheap. This is what we have purchased twice.