Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-20, 07:59 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy and have a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 01:40 PM  
lynnf

barre 30 minutes.

Cheryl, good you made a decision about DD school. Our schools have virtual and face to face options in our town. It's crazy how everyone is up in the air and how hard it is on families. Good you made a choice that is right for you. Our family will be all online this fall too, mostly on the teaching end of things, but DS will be both on the teaching and learning end as he will be taking classes and starting as a TA for the first time. All online so no worries.

Cynthia, glad that computer stuff was resolved. Just hate computer problems.

Diana, it must be so frustrating that they told you the containers were fine to have and then they weren't fine. Hope that gets resolved soon.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 03:30 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Hi. I'm hoping to post regularly if my wrists can handle it. They both have Slac Wrist from my accident on the Total Gym a few years ago. Also doctoring for the shoulders - same accident. Trying to strengthen parts of my shoulders but can only handle 2 pounds. Maybe next month I'll be up to 3.

Saturday I did Getting Better upper body with Margaret Richard. Sunday I did back and arms with Gilad's Express Workouts, and abs with his Quick Fit series. Today I'll work shoulders and chest with Cathe. I haven't decided if I'll use Pure Strength or CrossTrain Express.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 06:27 PM  
seabliss

Hi Linda, it's good to see you!

Checking in with Heather Robertson: Full UPPER BODY Workout, and 1.5 outdoor miles. It's pouring outside and DH and I are finishing our COVID puzzle.
Old 07-13-20, 09:38 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

So, some people at church (my friend, our pianist, etc) have been dropping hints about me singing with them at church. Yikes! I love to sing and love music, but I only sing alone or with someone in my car. We have a running joke about everyone who rides with me has to sing I'll Fly Away and Are You Washed in the Blood. I am very uncomfortable because my voice is very low pitched. Not familiar with all the terminology.

Linda It's good to see you check-in!

Check-In: Painting We are resuming the painting project at church

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-13-20, 11:31 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Rest day for me.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 07:10 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-14-20, 01:13 PM  
lynnf

Lauren Low Volume 2. I didn't like 1, but 2 was ok.

Linda, good to see you and glad you are finding some workouts you can do.

Diana, I join you in my inability to sing, except in the privacy of my car and home. Which I highly enjoy.

Cheryl, congrats on puzzle finishing. I am thinking of getting one to do with DS. NY subways.

Cynthia, working on new crochet project, for a guy at work who is having health issues.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 01:44 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Linda, good to see you.

Diana, if you have a low voice you would sing alto, which is harmony. Harmony is more difficult than melody. You could learn to do it. If you think you might enjoy group singing, think about taking singing lessons. I would advise against just joining the choir before you learn how to sing harmony. Unless your church choir just sings in unison, not in parts.

HandyKen (that's what I call him, not to his face; I have a brother with the same name) still hasn't set up an appointment to fix my oven door, although I reminded him on Sunday during the zoom coffee hour. I don't know what his current projects are, but he looked really tired.

This was the week I was going to have a beach vacation in Santa Monica. Maybe next year.

Back later.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 05:47 PM  
seabliss

Today I did another Heather Robertson workout, no-squats lower body. I also walked a mile with DH.

We got our A/C fixed! At least in theory. It's still not below 80 degrees downstairs. Hoping it just takes a while (it's been since this morning). But it's a lot less humid, so that's good.

Diana, I'm thinking at your church they may very well want you to sing the melody in whatever octave works for you. Does that seem so, or do they want parts? Either way, don't be afraid of singing. It's a hurdle to not be nervous, but if you feel like it's something you might like to do, I know it would bless you and the people there.

Cynthia, sorry about your beach vacation! That does sound lovely right now.

Lynn, our puzzle was of 1920s NYC! My link didn't work with the first round and I can't add it during editing, but here it is: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toy...=9780735357518
It's colorful and deceptively difficult. The three of us finished it last night. It's been sitting partially finished for months, so it was a good feeling to conquer it.