Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-20, 06:53 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches and bird dogs
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 05:11 PM  
lynnf

Finished Lauren's Lean program today. I enjoyed it -- about 40 minutes, combining strength with some major interval sections. Added on a short yoga practice from Sarabeth, all sitting and the 10 minute Blogilates inner thigh, which is still killer, but not quite as bad.

Diana, dealing with the city must be hard!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 05:23 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Hi everybody. This was one of the 2 days off for DD. She did a grocery shop for me while I baked in the car, and she joined me on my ocean path walk in Sand City; and a couple of other errands.

The Slim Series Express calendar for today was tantamount to a rest day: the 2 add=ons of Slim Series, abs and stretch. so it was a good day for that walk.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 08:09 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a Fitness Blender upper body strength workout that I did last week. I had struggled with it last week, which alarmed me. But today it was fine, so I guess it was just the day. I also walked a mile.

Cynthia, it actually took a minute to figure things out when you said you baked in the car (how did she do that? ) because you actually a baker! I guess I'm tired, lol ... it's taking forever with the a/c. Last Thursday, I got the warranty company to approve the second technicians, who actually had access to the right part and not a weaker one. But then I couldn't get a live human being on the phone from the techs until today, so of course, they all ignored my phone messages, and no action until today. It will be 3-5 business days to get the part, and then we'll see when they can schedule us. No one cares when it's not their own home that's horribly hot.

In the meantime, our built-in microwave started acting up last week and then died as of today. I have a tech coming out, but not until Thursday. I diagnosed the issue thanks to google (switches that must be replaced), but it's not a job we can do. So for now, everything gets warmed up the old-fashioned way.

Diana, I hope you get some good news about the containers. Bureaucracy is just always ridiculous--I don't know why!

Lynn, cool that you are making progress with the Blogilates inner thigh. That brings a sense of accomplishment! Sounds like you are getting some good workouts in.
Old 07-07-20, 09:17 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

DH and I went to the Endocrinologist today. Everything for me is good. DH's A1C and glucose numbers has improved a lot. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but DH stepped on a hot charcoal briquet when we were grilling out at home a while back. He didn't even feel it. I have been treating it and there is no infection. Yesterday, he went to the podiatrist. If you recall DH has had a hard time getting anyone to realize the severity of his nephropathy. It seems like they just blow him off. The podiatrist looked at the wound yesterday and couldn't believe how bad it was. It is really deep. He said if you couldn't feel that, you need to go to a neurologist. FINALLY! It took something that severe to get their attention. Today, the Endo was with DH first and then came to me. She hung her head when she came in and started telling me about her and DH's conversation. She said she was very sorry about what DH has been going through. One of the reasons I wanted us to get out of the shop is because of his nephropathy. The way things were going he was never going to be able to get disability and we knew he wasn't going to be able to work until social security. He has struggled with this for a long time. Also, we were not able to get into any of our regular Dr's. They cancelled all of his apts until now.The Dr. today said he qualifies for disability. I'm not sure what's going to happen with that.

Cheryl
Hang in there. That's a lot going on.

Check-In: 45 minute outdoor walk (stopped at 45 minutes because it started raining)

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-08-20, 08:32 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches and bird dogs
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-08-20, 09:55 AM  
lynnf

online yoga class. I finally found an online Iyengar class I like and it's a two month graduated course. I'm doing it on Wednesday in place of my regular class and now I know what day it is! I've actually been learning some things from it that I didn't learn from my regular teacher, so that's good. It's supposed to be a beginners class, but in Iyengar world beginners is still really hard from the standpoint that it is very precise always. I think I now have a pretty good routine with my barre, kettlebells and yoga. Finally.

Diana, that is a very sad story about your DH having so much nerve damage in his feet that he could not feel a hot coal and I am sorry that he had such a major wound. Hopefully he will now get disability and also get the help to better take care of himself with living with this condition so as not to further injure himself.

Cheryl, I am sorry to hear that the AC problems continue. It must be a strain living in this heat without AC. Not to mention other home repair woes. Why these things seem to come in clusters, I don't know, but it seems to go that way doesn't it. Hang in there!

Cynthia, interesting to see you back to Slim Series. My DS will make jokes about Slim in 6 to this day. You had to do the same one day after day and I was crazy enough to do it. Drove me crazy.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 10:47 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, slim series express has 4 workouts and the program mixes in some from slim series. Years ago, 2 or 3 times, I tried slim in 6 but always got sick (sinus/fatigue) and never did Burn it up for anywhere near 4 weeks. The express workouts are a half hour, which is good for me now.

Cheryl, LOL for my baking in the car. No shade in the parking lot and it was a sunny day. But I didn't have my easy bake oven plugged in!

Diana, glad your DH is finally getting medical attention.

My laptop is very old. A couple of years ago, the battery needed to be replaced and they were no longer in stock. I got one from amazon, and it works but the computer has to be plugged in all he time. I have tripped over the cord a lot. The last time, on Saturday, the computer had a bad fall and knocked one side of the lid out of alignment. Dreading having to get a new one.

Back later.
Old 07-08-20, 02:03 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Bodylastics circuit workout

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-08-20, 02:30 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Couldn’t get DD to go computer shopping for me. Went to Best Buy and bought the cheapest one in stock. It’ll take them until next week for the setup and data transfer.
Today - Cardio core express