Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-13, 05:15 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
From what I've read (and I'm no expert!) running shoes do not provide enough lateral support for floor cardio.
from what I've *felt*, my running shoes do not provide enough lateral support for floor cardio. Things like Zumba, involving pivots, are injuries waiting to happen in running shoes. Well, at least my knees, my shoes. They did not feel safe or comfortable for me at all.

But I admit that I am a multiple-shoe person. I have running shoes, a flat soled shoe for lifting, and cross trainers.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 07:55 PM  
kristiep

I cannot use running shoes for anything but running or walking workouts. I'm prone to shin splints, and they always show up when I wear a running shoe for a floor cardio / kickboxing /bootcamp workout.

My new favorite trainers are the Ryka Assist XT2. They were great straight out of the box and provide good cushion and lateral support for floor cardio workouts. I cannot vouch for their use with running/walking/treadmill, but they might work as Ryka is well-known for walking shoes made for a woman's foot.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 08:13 PM  
lotusgirl

I use running shoes for running, walking, elliptical, treadmill and weight training. When I tried them in Zumba, they didn't work, but Zumba also hurt my knees because of all the pivoting. You might try looking into a minimalist running shoe and see if that allows you to do everything you want. That will be my next running shoe. Right now I'm a longtime Asics Cumulus person.
Old 01-14-13, 08:19 PM  
hotncmom

Thanks guys for all the opinions. I will get a pair of running shoes and see if they can be all purpose. I do have dance sneakers for pivoting type motions, but I wouldn't wear them for other cardio.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 08:54 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Me too. I recently purchased the Nike shoe Jessica Smith wears in her YouTube workouts and cannot rave about them enough. You can find info them on her website blog.

Crosstrainers KILL my feet. I know Jessica and Stephanie Huckabee both said they wear running shoes for all their workouts.
I had to hunt all over that blog -- Jessica likes Nike Lunar Eclipse 2.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 09:08 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
I had to hunt all over that blog -- Jessica likes Nike Lunar Eclipse 2.
Thanks, Cynthia. I was busy earlier and didn't have time to go look and could not for the life of me remember the name!
Old 01-14-13, 10:03 PM  
Darisa

Ditto. Brooks for running and NB for everything else. Crops trainers kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I only buy running shoes and use them for walking, running, and my aerobic dvds. I prefer them and find them lighter than a cross trainer, but that's just me.
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 10:06 PM  
rosepetals

I went to fleet feet shoe store. They specialize if finding the right shoe based on how you walk or run. They spent over an hour with me. I didn't realize I had a pronating issue. Ultimately I went with the shoe that corrected the issue rather than based on cuteness.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
running shoes, shoes