Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-19, 09:56 AM  
Malia

Virtual Active

Any recommendations on these? I don't have anything like them and they're on sale at total fitness dvds this week. I'm looking for something to help keep the boredom at bay this winter when I'm on the treadmill inside. Are there ones that are harder than others? It says "guided". Do they say "increase your speed now" or how do they work?
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 10:19 AM  
sherry7899

They will instruct you to increase your speed and incline through the workout.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 11:38 AM  
Sissy B

I wish they had some featuring Great Britain. I've spent the summer watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix and I'd really like to walk/bike through the English countryside.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 11:43 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
I wish they had some featuring Great Britain. I've spent the summer watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix and I'd really like to walk/bike through the English countryside.
That would be really nice!

I was so looking forward to the Hawaii ones. I was really disappointed that they did not have music or insruction, just nature sounds. I did not buy them.

Old 09-16-19, 11:54 AM  
laurajhawk

I believe VA discontinued the "guided" experience at some point, so you need to pay attention to whether the ones you're buying have that or not. If you buy a DVD that has the guided experience, you can also choose a "basic" track that doesn't have the vocals or the on-screen guidance. I find it nice to have the choice. To the OP's question about whether some are harder than others, I find the guided runs much harder than the hikes (not surprisingly). Different runs have different patterns - intervals, or a bell curve where the effort builds and then ramps down, etc. - but I don't have an opinion on which are harder.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 12:01 PM  
Vantreesta

I love VA. They definitely help on the treadmill to pass the time. I mostly just have them on and don't really follow the guidance, just do my own thing, so I can't comment on level of difficulty. I love Trinity Mountains Run and Alberta Rockies Run. For some reason I wasn't a fan of Swiss Alps Hike (probably bc there's some city in it too). I think I liked all the Wild California ones. I also like American Southwest 2 Run. I still have a lot I haven't tried!

I always wish there was at least one that was more midwest with corn fields and livestock. I'm a farmer's daughter at heart, even though we left the farm when I was 13.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 12:34 PM  
sherry7899

I really enjoyed the ones from Canada and New Zealand.

Sherry

Tags
virtual active