Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-12-13, 10:01 PM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I think I'll go with Skogg, but the Iron core is calling me as well!!
Thanks again!!
Skogg is on my Black Friday Wish List, but don't pass on Iron Core just because you're getting Skogg. The close to almost 150 five-star reviews on Amazon are the real deal. Iron Core is the gift that keeps on giving.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 12:01 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Thank you both for your input!!!

Molly, I've checked Lauren B. tutorials on youtube to practice a bit my form when I got my kb, and I liked it very much, but her dvds are usually around $40 and there is not too much workouts, although I'm sure they're pretty good, that's why I was thinking to get a system, so I could get more workouts and a rotation to follow. Now, the Iron core is great deal for the price!

Melissa, you are not helping me, thanks to you I'll have to add another system to my wish list! lol

I think I'll go with Skogg, but the Iron core is calling me as well!!
Thanks again!!
A comment about Iron Core. She does 4 sets of the same exact exercise in the Bootcamp and Warrior workouts. She might do it in the other two workouts but I don't remember because I haven't done them in ages. Some people don't like doing so many sets of the same exercise so I'm just warning you in case it's a deal breaker.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 12:27 AM  
rad

I think of those sets as circuits because you can do two or three instead of four and still get a very complete workout.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 01:06 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
Skogg is on my Black Friday Wish List, but don't pass on Iron Core just because you're getting Skogg. The close to almost 150 five-star reviews on Amazon are the real deal. Iron Core is the gift that keeps on giving.
Rad, same here, I'm still doing a rotation, so I'll wait to see if I can catch a good deal on it that'd sweet! Yes, I saw the reviews of Iron Core on Amazon, everybody seems to it! I found it on ebay about the same price plus shipping

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 01:13 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
A comment about Iron Core. She does 4 sets of the same exact exercise in the Bootcamp and Warrior workouts. She might do it in the other two workouts but I don't remember because I haven't done them in ages. Some people don't like doing so many sets of the same exercise so I'm just warning you in case it's a deal breaker.
Thank you suegy, I don't think I'd mind to repeat the same set if I'm enjoying the workout, and 4 dvds for about $10... just the instructions is still a good deal, as it has extra exercises Skogg don't, I could keep practicing some new moves after Skogg

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 10-13-13, 01:17 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
I think of those sets as circuits because you can do two or three instead of four and still get a very complete workout.
Specially is the kb is heavy enough!

Old 10-13-13, 08:05 AM  
marmact

My vote is also for Skogg. RKS has a fun factor but the background exercisers have TERRIBLE form, which can be really distracting (especially if you're just learning and tend to look at the TV for confirmation of form). I like Lauren Brooks, but I think her stuff is too pricey for the little bit that is included. Skoggs runs sales periodically; you have to keep an eye on his website.

Another option may be to look for Tracy Reifkind on YouTube. She is terrific and offers a lot of free content on her channel.
Old 10-13-13, 09:44 AM  
Jags

I also would recommend Skogg.

I have been pre-viewing Mike DeGrasse's, Fitness is Functional Kettlebell. He offers good instruction and his form is very good, but the kb form of his model, Melissa, is not. Her wrist aren''t stable, but tilted backward, and her back is curved, rather than straight, when she is doing kb rows. She also looks angry or something...maybe exhibiting a tough girl indifference?

I do like what I see so far with FIF, though. And Mike is nice to look at.

Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 10:12 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Anthony DiLuglio has a bunch of Minute of Strength clips for free. He is one of my favorite kettlebell instructors,
http://www.artofstrengthtraining.com...e-of-strength/

For example, here's a nice one about the snatch progression. Anthony's wife is doing the demo. She's so beautiful. I've always envied her arms .
http://www.artofstrengthtraining.com...on-the-snatch/
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 10:16 AM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Anthony DiLuglio has a bunch of Minute of Strength clips for free. He is one of my favorite kettlebell instructors,
http://www.artofstrengthtraining.com...e-of-strength/

For example, here's a nice one about the snatch progression. Anthony's wife is doing the demo. She's so beautiful. I've always envied her arms .
http://www.artofstrengthtraining.com...on-the-snatch/
I love Anthony! I wish he would make more workouts. AOS Providence may be my most used kettlebell workout ever.

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell instruction