Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-10, 11:13 AM  
mschmidt

Kettlebell bombshell - kettlebell dvd with lisa balash

http://www.elitephysiqueslv.com/Store

http://www.kettlebellbombshell.com/

Has anyone tried this DVD? It was in Mike Mahler's Aggressive Strength Magazine.
I apoligize if a thread is already out there on this, I did a search and didn't come up with anything. I viewed a short clip on the dvd - but it didn't show alot. The brief description says it has 3 workouts, but doesn't say how long they are. So before I email them with questions thought I would check here to see if anyone has tried it, heard anything else about it.

Thanks
Mindy
mschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 11:28 AM  
adrien_73

DOH! Right after I sent an inquiry about the length of each workout, I read that they are approx. 30 minutes each! I'm still waiting to hear if it's a DVD-R or pressed though!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 01:54 PM  
mschmidt

Thanks adrien_73
Can't believe I missed that, it was right there at the top, well its obvious I'm a skimmer.
I would love to see a few more clips - I don't know if I'm willing to shell out $49.99 + shipping for it yet.
mschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 02:56 PM  
AmyLynn

There are some videos of her using KBs on Youtube. I'd be interested to here comments about her form from some of the more experienced KB users here. She also doesn't seem to be RKC from her webpage.
AmyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 03:02 PM  
adrien_73

WOW! She just left me a voicemail at work! How's that for customer service?!?!

She confirmed that the workouts are approx. 30 min each and there is instruction as well. She also said that the DVDs are silver on back.

I will probably bite but not until my next credit card billing cycle!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 03:08 PM  
jessicavi

It would be interesting to know what moves are covered in these workouts and what the chaptering and music is like.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 03:44 PM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn View Post
There are some videos of her using KBs on Youtube. I'd be interested to here comments about her form from some of the more experienced KB users here. She also doesn't seem to be RKC from her webpage.
Amy, Lisa is very good and she is IKFF certified - Steve Cotter's federation.
She is also a pilates instructor.

There is much more than RKC out now that we know more about kettlebells and many RKCs seek out different certifications and techniques to progress in their KBs skills.
RKC definitely put the most into marketing themselves and has the merith to have brought kbs to US first.

Many Russian champions ( Russia is where kbs come from ) for example don't even take RKC seriously, expecially since they claim to have different techniques because "their" kb style is for fitness, the other is for sport ... it is kind of a no sense to me because the sport people have access to better information and since their intense training, would not be able to compete if they were not using the best techniques and of course have the highest level of fitness.

This is to say now there are quite a few certifications ( IKFF, AKC, Agatsu etc ) that guarantee you get a very good trainer with excellent form that will prevent injuries - staying tension free. I don't know about this dvd in particular but I bet Lisa is one of these really good trainers from her credentials.
Old 08-18-10, 06:28 PM  
AmyLynn

Thanks Samantha! Did not know that about the RKC and the Russian champs- learn something new every day!
AmyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 07:04 PM  
Gatorfan76

Talking

I'm intrigued but it is SOOO EXPENSIVE!! Maybe she will offer it on sale some time in the future- I'll have to be content with my Sarah Lurie's for now...
Old 08-18-10, 07:28 PM  
suegy3

I'll pass...it's too expensive. Mark has an instructional and 6 workouts for $29 I even spent less for Steve Cotter's workouts and there appr. five workouts on the dvd. I'll wait for Mark to come out with another dvd.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell bombshell, kettlebell certifications, lisa balash