Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-16, 09:18 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
My three favorite words: Out for delivery.
Have you done it -- what do you think?
Old 06-17-16, 09:54 PM  
MathTeacher

I have done it. Every segment is four limb movement. It is squat-fest. I was so happy when I got to a segment with dead lifts. I thought it was weird when Jari left for the push up and ab segments.
Old 06-18-16, 05:03 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Has anyone received theirs yet? Love to hear your thoughts. It is in my cart at Mary's waiting.
It is no longer waiting in my cart. I ordered.

I have done the entire workout. In the warm up you perform some of the moves in the workout but using lighter weights. Most of the moves are compound or done in super sets with another move. Jari and the crew use two sets of weights but I used more of a variety of dumbbell weights. There is not much new in this workouts, as it is similar to many of Jari's other DVD workout. Only the sequencing is different. Some exercises are done with the step and some on the floor. The workout moved at a good pace and the time went by quickly. Jari did not do the pushup and ab segment but rejoined them for the cool down. The pushup were done on their knees but I did regular pushups. The 2nd disc has premixes. I will use the premixes more often than the entire workout only because I enjoy mixing and matching workouts.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 06:23 AM  
margaux

I preordered from Mary before a clip was available. I found the workouts to be much of the same as her previous dvds so I returned it. Disappointing (
margaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 10:04 AM  
Betty Boop

Thanks, Math Teacher, margaux, and horusosiris! Your comments confirmed what I was thinking.
Old 06-18-16, 01:17 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaux View Post
I preordered from Mary before a clip was available. I found the workouts to be much of the same as her previous dvds so I returned it. Disappointing (
My feelings exactly...I should have known better. I traded mine.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 02:14 PM  
PhyllisG

I bought it also but haven't tried it yet. I had most of Jaris DVDs in the past but traded them all. I got this for the very reason that it sounds like a compilation of her past workouts. This way I could revisit her when I wanted without buying more DVDs. I am looking forward to doing this.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-16, 07:15 AM  
PhyllisG

I like it.. I liked the energy, the music, the brighter set and Jari looks great. The shorter workouts were straightforward. It got my heart rate up. Covered alot in 30 minutes. Have only done the shorter workouts. If you want to get in cardio and strength in a short time, this works.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-16, 05:17 PM  
dls

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I like it.. I liked the energy, the music, the brighter set and Jari looks great. The shorter workouts were straightforward. It got my heart rate up. Covered alot in 30 minutes. Have only done the shorter workouts. If you want to get in cardio and strength in a short time, this works.
Thanks Phyllis. You have enabled me. I am going to order it from Mary.

Have a great day. Deb
dls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-16, 05:19 PM  
Betty Boop

Well, I've got to back off of my previous comment. I threw the new Jari Love into my order during Mary's sale. And--I like it! I've done two of the 20 minute workouts so far. Like, PhyllisG, I had acquired and then given away several of Jari's other DVDs. This one is good.

Tags
jari love