Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-15, 02:09 PM  
cristinalatina

Classical Stretch without crunches

Greetings friends! I'd like your help choosing some classical stretch/essentrics new dvds!

I haven't exercised in a long while because of pelvic issues after pregnancy. I have lost a lot of weight and strength and I am surprisingly weak. I am under antiflammatory treatment fora while and physio, and can't do even simple workouts such as Leslies or T-Tapp or Callanetics etc.

I was amazed to find tremendous relief with Classical Stretch, which I never considered a "real workout"! I am interested in getting some new workouts of both Miranda and Sahra, but I'm not allowed to do crunches. Anything else goes.

Any suggestions for me please? help me buy something nice! Which series should I get?

ETA - I'd probably find Essentrics too challenging, maybe I should just get something of Miranda's, both for their length as well as for being more accessible...
Old 03-08-15, 02:34 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hi Cristina---sorry you aren't up to speed. I hope you recover quickly!

Maybe you want to spring for Season 10? They are well labeled all floor, all standing, and all barre. There's even an all standing stress relief workout that is very, very simple and easy. I think there are a couple floor workouts, too, that are just stretching.

My other suggestion would be to sign up for Essentrics TV for a month and try out a bunch of the workouts since you don't own a lot new. Sahra's new Essentrics dvd (hopefully will be out soon) that is Pure Stretch might also be a go for you...it is on ETV and one of the practices is all stretching...Muscle Release.

I wish you the best!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-15, 02:46 PM  
cristinalatina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post

My other suggestion would be to sign up for Essentrics TV for a month and try out a bunch of the workouts since you don't own a lot new.
Thanks Jackie, what a great suggestion! Do you have access to any CS workout with the streaming CS TV?
Old 03-08-15, 02:57 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristinalatina View Post
Thanks Jackie, what a great suggestion! Do you have access to any CS workout with the streaming CS TV?
There's a lot on ETV. Seasons 8,9,10, Miranda's Abs/Arms Butt/Waist, Full Body 1, all of Sahra's Essentrics, the pregnancy workout, some exclusive streaming--the new Pure Stretch out some day , and Essentrics for Runners.

I think that is it...off the top of my head .

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-15, 03:33 PM  
starbelly

I don't do crunches so when Sahra/Miranda starts up with a set, I sub in my own floor work. They typically don't last more than 2-3 minutes so it's pretty easy to do.

3 of the 4 videos on the Strength & Stretch set don't have crunches. You can also skip past the short crunches segment on Class of 2012.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-15, 04:18 PM  
cristinalatina

Thank you ladies, I think I'll subscribe indeed! Her website says 14.95 (I assume Canadian dollars) plus applicable taxes, anyone knows what them taxes might be?
Old 03-08-15, 05:11 PM  
PrairieGem

I second the suggestion for Season 10. Because the workouts are all-standing OR all-barre OR all-floor, the vast majority have nothing like crunches in them at all. I'm not a fan of Miranda's floorwork, and I know this, but every once in a while I will try one (just to remind myself why? LOL). Season 10 actually has just 7 episodes that are all-floor, out of the whole 30-ep season. But the episodes are labeled on the back of the DVD case, not on the episodes themselves... I don't have Essentrics TV so I don't know if they're that easy to identify.
Old 03-08-15, 05:26 PM  
Demeris

I opened the thread to suggest season 10. I hope you love the streaming. I'm so sorry you're struggling with your overall fitness, and I genuinely hope CS is the ticket for you.

Hugs to you, my dear, and your sweet boy.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-15, 06:22 PM  
Tamantha

I use CS/Essentrics streaming and it is 14.95 with no taxes. I am in the US. My favorite workout is Sahra's Ultimate Stretch, the Muscle Release one. It makes me feel better than any of the others. My favorite before streaming was her Flexibility for Athletes. All of them stretch me out but my lower body is always the tightest, and both of these really stretch out the lower body.

Tammy
Tamantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-15, 06:58 PM  
JustSandra

Cristina, the Essentrics Barre workout with Sahra does not have any crunches. It is a one-hour routine, but it also has premixes for shorter workouts plus you can access each segment individually. There are a couple of VF reviews with breakdowns (including mine ) if that helps.

With Classical Stretch/Essentrics, you can begin by doing the movements gently (you will still get great benefit!) then when you are stronger and know the moves better you can apply more effort to increase the intensity.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote