Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-11, 08:13 PM  
Pixiequeen

Which exercise DVD or Program helped you shed the most pounds?

I was just curious which workouts seem to help you lose the most weight? I know diet plays a huge factor, but I am just curious if there were any dvds that helped you lose weight without changing your diet to much.
Pixiequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-11, 08:16 PM  
Demeris

Do you mean lose pounds or do you mean get smaller?

For the former, no. For the latter, yes, barre and t-tapp
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-11, 08:23 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Well, it may well have had more to do with my in-take, but for me for sure it was Peak Fit Challenge. I had been in a plateau for a long time before that, but I know I had a definite change in my in-take as well. So, hard to say how much that rotation had to do with it -- I think there may be a little something to Michelle's claims about metabolism boosting.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-11, 08:29 PM  
Pixiequeen

I am sorry I really meant getting smaller not so much pounds, I have been really interested in circuit training in particular and I just wanted to see if this type of training really had a significant impact on shrinking your waistline a bit.
Pixiequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-11, 08:31 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Demeris has a great point!

Most Pounds Lost- Leslie Sansone (Aug 2007- Dec 2007)
Most Inches Lost- Cathe Friedrich (Late Jan 2008- June 2008; burned out after that) & I used her workouts for 95% of my video fitness. I walked outdoors for the remainder.

With Leslie I lost almost 28 pounds. With Cathe I lost 7.5 pounds and almost 25 inches- 6 of those in the waist alone. I drop 3 sizes from doing her Hard Core Series from Mid-Feb 2008 to June 2008. Gym Styles and Muscle Max were used most. I did either 1 GS workout once per week (3 strength days total) or 2 MM workouts per week with 1-2 Step Aerobics or Kick Max workouts and walking the dogs.

Cathe made me lose a crazy amount of body fat. Leslie helped me to drop overall weight. I lost more inches and clothing sizes with Cathe however. And I was counting calories at the time as well (during both) which I won't do again.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 01:00 AM  
juberann

As far as weight lost, Leslie Sansone for sure in 2003 I lost 84 pounds in 13 months doing just Leslie's walks and eating right. Looking back, I do wish I would've added strength training to my routine and I believe that would've helped me keep it off easier but nothing peels off the pounds for me like Leslie
Old 10-21-11, 04:39 AM  
PhyllisG

I went down 2 jean sizes with Tracey Anderson's Meta Omni and walking with Leslie Sansone. All my size S sweaters, tee's etc fit again. There is no question that I got bigger with STS & CLX. After years of Cathe's rotations and a clean diet I was just getting bigger and I was not happy. Since changin it all up with fusion, barre, yoga and walking with Leslie I have seen the most change in years. Before that I would have to say Anna Benson's original Firms. Everyone asked what I was doing.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 06:16 AM  
daisyfit

Most definitely Peak fit challenge, it really toned me up all over. An excellent investment.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 06:40 AM  
lynfield

For me

Most pounds lost - Slim Series rotation & clean diet. I lost 15 lbs this year.
Most inches lost - Ballet Body. I finally can see definition in my legs and arms.
Heavy weight workouts make me look like a linebacker. Barre, body weight training and light weight workout works better for me.
Old 10-21-11, 06:41 AM  
daisysunshine

Just Diet & Walking (no real strength): 60 lbs with Leslie Sansone.

Diet & Cardio & Ballet Body (including stretching/pilates) 92+ lbs and counting.

Looking at comparative pictures, i am looking much better (toned and posture and everything).

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skogg system, weight loss