Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-20, 01:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jane have you considered doing the total body workouts with very light weights or no weights at all just to build up stamina?

Also are doing circuit workouts like Firm out of the question for you?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 04:51 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Thanks Linda for the suggestion. I think it's a good one. I just don't want to rep myself to death. I dislike most high rep workouts.

The weights I'm using right now are quite light (and the rep count is medium) but I hope to increase them when my physical therapist gives me permission. I haven't tried a Firm yet. I'm having some trouble with my right knee so when I do squats etc. I tend to do them without a video because I have to take my time and go at a pace that doesn't cause knee irritation.

I've mostly been doing Pilates and Kathy Smith's Secrets set. I also did some Cathe upper body dvds, but there again I used much lighter weights than she did.
Old 07-11-20, 10:15 AM  
fanofladyvols

Jane, it sounds like you are taking a solid approach. I, too, try to make sure my rep speed isn't something that interferes with my knee mobility. Weren't you the one that helped me find that Anatomy of Exercise 501 pilates exercises book? Have you been using that like I have? So glad you told me about it!

The only other thing I would suggest is checking with your doctors about band workouts.

Also , have you seen these knee rehab workouts ...Jessica especially is lovely! I would check to see when/if these kinds of exercises are ok for you. I'm sure I got these links from others here on VF

Knee exercises Doctor Jo
https://youtu.be/rRRV9MfGIFE

Injury rehab pilates Jessica Valant
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU9JyXjaxVhYD8c0omLo6vCUOs6gGJgq4

Cheering you on!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
splits, splits vs tb, total body, total body vs splits, total body workouts