Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-13, 11:11 AM  
pharma_gal

Im so bummed I missed this offer. I hope they get more in stock and put it up for sale. If anyone is not happy with their set and willing to part with it, please contact me. Thanks.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-13, 01:40 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Yeah, me, too. I wondered why I was getting this since I was done. Maybe they thought some people would expect to use their website as well?
The website was supposed to be interactive but I never could get it to accept my log in. They mention it at the end of each workout. I figured they shut it down because no one was using it. I never got the chance to see what was on there since I couldn't get in.
Old 09-27-13, 02:28 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i vote to wait it out.

i had a similar experience with Best Buy. and it's documented here on VF if you want to read the interesting back story.

in a nutshell: remember when Hewlett Packard was getting out of the tablet business, and they asked all of their retailers to sell it for cheap (like $149 for the 32 GB)?

well, i logged into Best Buy, placed my order & got confirmed to "pick up in store" but because of the frenzy, the store had no more on their shelves when i drove over there. i showed the lady my confirmation, and she too was baffled, but i guess their inventory system was too slow.

i never got a cancellation via email either, nor did i cancel. my credit card had not been charged. all over the web, there were reports that some inventory was being rounded up and routed around.

well, about a week or so later, Best Buy sent me an email saying "we have one for you, and because you've been so patient, we're sending it with free shipping."

wow, i almost died with surprise. so i got exactly what i ordered.

i think we should all be patient and just let the system run its course. i tend to think people here need instant gratification and control over their orders - what's the urgency?

when it arrives, it'll just sit, unopened, with all of the other frenzied purchases, right?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-13, 02:35 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks Jeannine. I am fine with waiting, but I just would like to know if they are ever going to actually get it back in stock or not. It seems odd that they do not have any information.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-13, 03:09 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
It seems odd that they do not have any information.
yes, sometimes they just don't have info and i'm sure when they do, they'll update.

at my job, many times we don't have the info to pass on to the customers. it's somewhat "early" in terms of when the kits became available for purchase the second time. i'm guessing they're checking all of their inventory locations to get an accurate count of what's available, which takes time.

i think with the website shutting down, the huge "fire" sale, from a non-metRx site (VW), etc, they're realizing the original price point was too high, and better to just get rid of them all.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-13, 03:18 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I used to get email from Met RX. Quite awhile ago they sent mail saying that because of lack of interest there would be no more emails and were discontinuing the website. I'd assume that when it's gone, it's gone. I still have all of the workouts and info sitting in the box it came in. I don't think my arthritis can handle the workouts and I don't want to find out the hard way if it can't.
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-13, 03:43 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
yes, sometimes they just don't have info and i'm sure when they do, they'll update.
I had seen these at my local VS store so I'm sure they may be pulling kits from all over the place to mail out. That may be why they don't know much yet.
Old 09-27-13, 07:35 PM  
emilybelle

I received the same email although I received the set last week. There was also a sticker on top of the box that had the same information about the website being closed.

Rhonda
emilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-13, 08:53 PM  
Darisa

All of a sudden I want this.
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
met-rx, met-rx 180