Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-09, 09:44 AM  
bearcatfan

I found my Insanity fix

Today I did a cardio from Barry's 5 Day Academy series - the one led by Barry. Twenty minutes of torture - step jumps, jumping jacks, burpees, football runs - I swore a couple times. Sound familiar? I think I might have found a cheaper version of Insanity.

And, as my VF conscience (Shelley) keeps telling me, I already have Shock Cardio coming and will be happy with that. So for now, I'm off the Insanity train (until I borrow the teaser and then I'm sure I'll be back on).
Old 06-03-09, 09:48 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
Today I did a cardio from Barry's 5 Day Academy series - the one led by Barry. Twenty minutes of torture - step jumps, jumping jacks, burpees, football runs - I swore a couple times. Sound familiar? I think I might have found a cheaper version of Insanity.

And, as my VF conscience (Shelley) keeps telling me, I already have Shock Cardio coming and will be happy with that. So for now, I'm off the Insanity train (until I borrow the teaser and then I'm sure I'll be back on).
Thanks, Rose. I have these, but they are still virgins. LOL! I'll pull it out and give it a whirl.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 09:55 AM  
adrien_73

I have that set as well...still in the shrink wrap!

I am trying to talk myself out of Insanity. Truth be told...I buy all of their systems & I don't use them much. TJ, P90, P90X, P90X+, P90 Masters, Project: You, Sin6, SS, PHH, GBG...I have them all & barely touch them! I still have CLX because I can't seem to sell it, but I want it to go far, far away! So why do I keep buying BB products? Must be the VF hype!

With all of my overuse injuries, I doubt that I can do the Insanity workouts anyway.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 10:02 AM  
3ks

Quote:
So why do I keep buying BB products? Must be the VF hype!
Adrien...carefully step away from the computer...RUN!!!

LOL

Kiddy
Old 06-03-09, 10:10 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ks View Post
Adrien...carefully step away from the computer...RUN!!!

LOL

Kiddy
LOL! I wish I could! I work on a computer ALL DAY so I end up surfing a lot. I think I need to block myself out of VF!

ETA: I should ask the IS guys to do it for me!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 10:10 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Those Academy cardio workouts are torture! I've done each one once and now I avoid them like the plague. Now that you mentioned it, between them and Cathe's Shock system (which I preordered), I probably should save my money and not bother w/ Insanity. I'm getting swept up in the hype, but lets be honest, if I avoid the Bootcamp cardio, what makes me think I'll do an Insanity rotation?? Besides, I'm into running right now, so indoor cardio is taking a backseat for the summer.

In the future, if the reviews are great and people aren't killing themselves I may consider ordering it, but since BB never has great deals on new systems, I won't be feeling any pressure to order right away.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 10:13 AM  
bearcatfan

On another thread, someone mentioned the bootcamp cardio from Cathe's 4DS as another option. I'm hoping to try that later in the week.

Basically, I'm looking at what I have *first*, because if I'm honest with myself this set will have limited staying power for me.
Old 06-03-09, 10:22 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
LOL! I wish I could! I work on a computer ALL DAY so I end up surfing a lot. I think I need to block myself out of VF!

ETA: I should ask the IS guys to do it for me!
That's not a bad idea. VF really is bad for your pocketbook.

I don't go online when I go on vacations. This trip ended up being 6 weeks long, so absolutely no temptations whatsoever. Surprisingly, I have yet to be really tempted, so now I'm edging towards the 9 week mark.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 10:33 AM  
acescholar

I've thought of BBC 5 Day Academy too as I've been reading about Insanity. I think Barry's is very intense!

I love the cardio that comes with the shoulder workout (Joey's), but I've always done it along with the weight work. I think that putting Barry's and Joey's cardio together would be insanely intense!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 10:34 AM  
Liz K
VF Supporter

Academy Series

What is the Academy series? Is it the same as the regular Barry's Bootcamp? I checked out Collage and saw Barry's Bootcamp Fat Blaster and Barry's Bootcamp Belly Blaster. Is it either of these?

I'm very interested in Insanity but always open to a cheaper version also.

Thanks.
Liz
Liz K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barry's bootcamp