Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-02, 02:07 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

welcome to VF

I was just about to resurrect this thread when I saw Susan P had started a similar one. GMTA, eh, Susan?

Still, I'm going to get this one going again (and probably merge the other into this one) so that those who already posted to this thread way back when we got the new software don't have to repost their life stories .

Anyway, I am delighted to see so many new names/faces at VF in 2002, and would like to extend an official welcome to everyone. Most of you know me already, but if you'd like to read more about me and how VF got started, see the following links:

http://www.videofitness.com/about/newcomers.php

http://www.videofitness.com/features/vfhistory/

The last link is a year out of date now that we've just celebrated our 6th birthday in February. Note that the little guy in the photo will be celebrating his 3rd birthday on March 10th!

We have a fantastic community here, and we've had real life get-togethers in more than 20 US cities and 4 countries (including the US). I encourage everyone who has the opportunity to meet other VFers--you'll feel like you've known these ladies for years!

I'd also like to let everyone know that at the bottom of most Forum pages, you'll see a link to our Forum guidelines. They differ in some respects from most fitness forums, so if you haven't had a chance to read the complete guidelines, I heartily recommend that you do so. Here's a direct link:

http://www.videofitness.com/vfguidelines.php

Again, welcome to VF and I look forward to getting to know some more about the people behind these new names.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-01, 01:11 PM  
germaine

Love reading everyone's stories

I'm 38 years old, married for 15 years and have always been athletic. I also obedience train my own 2 black labs and they are certified therapy dogs and visit the patients at the hosptial in which I work as a medical technologists(labratory). I'm also an aerobics instructor for the hospitla's fitness center, teaching kickboxing(Power Strike format) and Pilates/yoga. Until recently, I also taught step.

I've been around VF since spring of 1996 and used to post more often, but I'm involved in so much that unfortunately I post much less then I used to. My favorite instructors are Cathe, Kari, Jay Blahnik, Franny, Andre, Keli...OK, I think there's more instructors I like than don't like .

I also started running again due to my DH's inconsistency to exercise my dogs. I think I'm starting to enjoy it again. I also recently got a kickboxing bag and thoroughly enjoy beating it up! I will never say again that I don't/won't like any activity because I have surprised myself a number of times. I use to vow that I could never do yoga because it was too slow and boring, now I teach an intro class. Same goes for kickboxing(although I'm only fond of Power Strike)I've found that keeping an open mind is the best thing that I could do.
germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-07, 10:30 AM  
LMM

Hi all, I'm not really new to Videofitness but have started to visit again recently. I'm not a frequent poster but love all the information.

I started working out with Charlene Prickett back in the 80's. My cardio favorite right now might be Karen Voight because shes good at low impact.
I'm using Jari now for strength but also like Margaret Richards.

Linda
LMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-07, 07:15 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Linda,

Glad you posted, even if you have been around VF for awhile. It sounds like you have a long history as a home exerciser.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-07, 04:27 PM  
LMM

Thanks Laura.
LMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-07, 10:25 PM  
Indexer

Hi, I am also new here. I began working out at home about a year ago, when my mom introduced me to Leslie Sansone- for the record- my mom belongs to and actually attends two different gyms-- one for aerobics, one for yoga! But I found that between work and my toddler, it's just not realistic for me. Anyway, I'd like to start doing more toning and looking forward to hearing all of your suggestions.
Indexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-07, 03:29 AM  
catwoman

Welcome Indexer! It's great to have you join the VF community. That's super that your mom introduced you to Leslie and that you can share in the area of fitness & health! You'll be a great role model for your toddler, who I'm sure is keeping Mom on her toes. Looking forward to hearing more from you here at VF.
Old 01-29-07, 05:21 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Indexer,

Welcome to VF! You are one of many moms here trying to figure out how to fit it all in. Feel free to ask your questions!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-01, 04:32 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

We've gota bunch of Klingons here. . .

Love to see all you lurkers "de-cloaking" (haha!). LOVE lurkers, y'all are great. Although now that I'm a Pennsylvanian I'm going to have to learn to say "youse guys" instead of "y'all."

At any rate, I'm 38, mom of three daughters, SAHM, exerciser on and off since my Bodies In Motion with Gilad days back in 93 (when my honey and I got our first TV after 8 years of marriage). I found VF, which greatly expanded my horizons, the week before Thanksgiving in 1998 and have enjoyed MANY get-togethers with fellow VFers. I'm a cardio kinda girl, love choreography, especially hi-lo! I'm the world's worst over-poster (like Loretta, it's just not my nature to lurk! I gotta TALK!) but now that we have a forum with an "ignore" feature, that shouldn't be a problem, LOL!! Y'all (or youse guys, take your pick) can just TURN ME OFF!!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 01:42 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Are you a VFer or a refugee??

Well, to quote Tom Petty, you don't have to live like a refugee!!

I know there are a lot of new folks here at VF since the various "censorship" debacles at the Firm and at FitPrime. So I'd like to invite you all to introduce yourselves and make yourselves at home. Are you going to be a VFer, one who participates in the forum at large, or are you going to remain only a visitor, with complaining about other forums your only sport here? I'd love to see you get involved in our fitness discussions! This isn't really designed to be a place for the disgruntled and disenchanted from other fitness forums to gather and have a free place from which to complain. How long can THAT be fun, anyway?

So come on in, the water's fine! Introduce yourselves here, and find something you're interested in talking about! We're glad you're here.

Many of you from the FF know me as susan p, that's my name, my only name, wherever I go, it's always the same! (la de da, nothing like going from Tom Petty to a kid's ditty all in one musically inspired post!). Anyway, I've been a VFer since 1998 and a Firm forumer since there WAS Firm forum. . . I don't hang out regularly anywhere else because two forums are already probably one too many! haha. I'm 38, mom of 3, married almost 18 years, worked out on and off (mostly on) from 92 to 96, and didn't restart until Jan 1999 (THANKS VF!!). I'm intermediate right now and don't have any truly lofty fitness goals beyond staying healthy and strong and fit "enough" (I know what that is and how it feels but probably couldn't describe it to anyone else!). My faves are my Firms for strength, Cathe and CIA for cardio, and my all-time fitness inspiration is Gin Miller (I almost named my second daughter after her, NO KIDDING! --except my first was a Jennifer called Jen and so of course you can imagine the confusion. . . )

So tell us about YOU, then go pick an interesting thread to post to!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread