Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-19, 10:47 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - It's the most wonderful time of the year! 12/22

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 10:51 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Happy Solstice, Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa! It is the most wonderful time of the year!

We are wonderfully warm also - in the 40's today! Planning on taking Gus for a nice long walk to enjoy this weather. Otherwise putzing around the house and yard and feeding the wildlife outside for this holiday week.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-22-19, 08:59 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jessica Smith Chair Cardio and Strength, then my PT routine which I must do again before bed. We had a relaxed day.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. We are wonderfully warm today also, about 70 degrees. We went to Rose Hills Memorial Park to visit the graves of DH's family. We go about this time every year, pay our respects & place flowers. Then we take a trip down memory lane and drive past land marks of his/our past. Then we hit our favorite Mexican restaurant in the area. So a nice day. It's supposed to start raining any minute now and last well into tomorrow. Hope you and Gus got that nice long walk.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 07:54 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning. Then I may stop by an appliance store and buy a dishwasher - the one I want is always 10% off, but this week there's free delivery and installation also! Yay! Gus walk in there also - another warmer day today, but I guess less sunshine. Otherwise putzing around...

Paula, nice of you to visit the graves of family members. I never did that with my dad until my mom got buried out there about two years ago. It's in Milwaukee, so not very convenient - no idea if they shovel out the headstone plaques so people here can find them in winter. Glad you had a nice trip out to do that yesterday.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-23-19, 09:59 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jane Fonda Start Up (one of my go to's when recovering from something). Also did the PT and did a walk around the lake with DH.

Anita, good luck getting the diswasher you want and getting it installed. Free installation is why I usually get appliances at Howards.
Old 12-24-19, 09:07 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on having a quiet day - I'll check and see if I can get in for a Star Wars ticket for tonight or tomorrow . I did stop by the appliance store and unfortunately the cheaper Bosch that I wanted for a dishwasher didn't come with free installation - all the more expensive ones did . I still went ahead and ordered it. Guess that'll be my Christmas present of the year . Otherwise planning on walking Gus and putzing around. I did start a joint supplement this week and frankly, it seems to be helping a bit, even this early - yay! I had stopped taking them when I had my knee replaced, but now there's more painful joints besides that knee...

Paula, glad you're checking in also! It's been a quiet week here...

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-24-19, 06:40 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Anita, I almost didn't post because I didn't want to bah humbug all over your most wonderful time of the year title. Christmas is all about family, amiright? Well, our family is so fractured and our plans are so up in the air that it makes me want to hide in bed all day. Can't wait for Thursday.

My workouts have been rather puny lately, but that happens every year. I don't know why. It's not like I spend lots of time going to parties, shopping, or baking cookies or anything. Of course, it doesn't help when you spend fifteen minutes circling the Kroger parking lot looking for a spot. And that was yesterday morning. I don't even want to think about what today was like. I have done Gina B's Christmas workouts a few times and may do one tomorrow. And I always do my customized upper body routine three times a week, one Virtual Active, and whatever I come up with for legs. Lately, I've been doing short little routines on YouTube. I just can't get motivated to do anything more challenging.

I have previewed two of Cathe's newest, and I'm not at all sure I will care for them. I'm already disappointed that she only did three this year. I haven't previewed the one I was most looking forward to: Imax 4. PHA will have to be modified a lot and Step Sync looked almost dull. And I'm still having to baby the rear delt, although it's doing better.

Anita, I'm interested in your joint supplement if you want to PM me. It may be similar to what I'm already taking, but even though it helps, my knees are still a problem.

I heard the new Star Wars movie wasn't that great. You'll have to let us know.

Paula, do you think PT is helping? I hope you're doing better.

We are in the 60s through the weekend, and I love it. I'm sure this is disappointing to all who hoped for snow, but not for me. On the other hand, if this is a result of global warming, that's not so good. But I like t-shirt weather.

In the immortal words of Santa Claus, Merry (Happy) Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
Old 12-24-19, 09:16 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jessica Smith's Chair Cardio and Strength plus my PT. Pretty easy day all in all. I did go get the second shot of the two shot Shingles vacination series. So right now my left arm is sore. As I remember the first shot hurt for a couple weeks. Not sure what it is about this vacination but muscle pain seems to be part of the package.

Anita, Boo on the diswasher installation. What makes did you consider?

Dede, don't appolize, the holidays have never been the happiest time of the year for everyone. I used to be so busy during the holidays I wished for the time when all that hoopla would be over. Now it is over and I sort of miss it. The only presents I did was do some baking for two of my neighbors. One I gave a hummingbird cake (they have family over) the other (a lady alone) I gave a loaf of nut bread. That's it. DH and I decided not to exchange gifts with year as we just got the boat. We are doing the swell restaurant thing tomorrow with a couple friends, but honestly that's it. We are watching a Christmas movie tonight, right now actually. The PT does seem to be helping, but it's going to be awhile before it's fully healed.
Old 12-25-19, 10:04 AM  
sciencelady

Merry Christmas! And good morning!

Gus and I did a very long walk yesterday - full two hours worth in the snow. He got to see and sniff his favorite parts of the park that we usually don't do in winter. He had a good time, but is a bit sore today. I've not gone to Star Wars yet, but might try tonight. Otherwise a pretty quiet day here at home - enjoying my favorite mushroom pizza for the holiday . I'll give my brother a call to wish him a good Christmas, but that's it.

Dede, so glad you posted! Sorry your family makes Christmas difficult for you to appreciate. I'm kind of glad to avoid that by getting together in January under non-holiday terms - works lots better! I'm looking forward to traffic around malls to die down a bit, but this coming week will still be busy. It was pretty insane before Christmas! Your supposedly puny workouts still out trump not doing anything, which is mine (other than walking with the dog). We're warm here in the mid30's this week, but snow is still here packed down on the ground. We do have a white Christmas here!

Paula, I had the shingles shots about a year ago or so - noticed some muscle soreness after the second one, but it wasn't too bad. I wanted to replace the Bosch I had with another Bosch, so did that - cheapest of their line https://www.warnersstellian.com/prod...sch-she3ar75uc. Still lasted 10 years just fine... Now the handle is disconnected and pulling over the push buttons - time for a new one! I kept my dishwasher when I remodeled the upstairs kitchen several years ago, so this time getting stainless steel to match my other new appliances (previous one was black).

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-25-19, 08:07 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. I did Jane Fonda's Start Up and my PT routine this morning. Will do the PT routine again before bed.

We did our plan to go to our favorite restaurant for lunch, a friend joined us. Afterward our friend invited us over to his home for homemade apple pie - who could turn that down?

It rained on and off all day and is supposed to rain hard this evening.

Hope everyone had a good day and we'll see you back soon.