Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-19, 08:16 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - Just Relax? Hand Me a Book! Week of September 15

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 08:34 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Good morning. I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. We had a lazy day yesterday. Today, I need to get a couple of things done, mainly developing a lesson for the church small group I go to on Thursdays.

Mary - It's great that you can see so much from your place. Enjoy the sunsets especially. And, enjoy getting back to your pixie cut. I hope it feels lighter!

Paula - There's a lot over Duke's way. They also apparently have extensive gardens that are beautiful in the spring. I've considered going for a weekend to Durham to do stuff in that area. It really is a hard line to walk with a sick spouse between being loving and supportive and taking on their stress on yourself. Hang in there with it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-15-19, 09:12 AM  
sciencelady

Laura, Thanks for getting us started! I was hunting quotes for today and was going to start a thread when I saw yours - whew! I did find a good title from Auguste Rodin (one of my favorite artists) "To the artist there is never anything ugly in nature." Maybe next week if a title is needed as it will be the week autumn starts.

I'm planning on getting a walk in with Gus and going to a picnic with the Aussie Rescue of MN this afternoon with Gus - I'm hoping he'll behave. i'll also be donating a lot of dog stuff i just don't use in the house, but can be useful for someone else.

Yesterday's wedding was wonderful - everyone got to wear their favorite stuff so lots of kids in bright costumes, adults in everything from roaring 20's looks to cosplay and steampunk costumes. Bride and groom took a flying trapeze catch to officially kiss . Wonderful ceremony, great food, and nice fun dancing afterwards! Nice to be able to get married at a circus!

Mary, nice you got a good view of the moon last night! Hope all goes well with the window repair and enjoy your pixie cut! Glad you're just not shaving your own head!

Paula, there are support groups for spouses of ill patients to help them deal with the assistance stress of their spouse. If you need it its there... Any possibility to returning to a night at sea to enjoy the moon?

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 05:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - It sounds like it was a great wedding. It's good you got to go. Thanks for sharing next week's theme.

We had mostly a lazy day, but we did get out of the house for a walk and then came home and had pizza - one gluten free, one regular.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-15-19, 05:52 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No formal workout today but DH and I did go for a walk in the neighborhood today. We then did the weekly grocery shopping - just lots of excitment all of the time at my house.

Pam, welcome, I hope you choose to join us.

Laura, Thanks for getting us started. I have visited the Duke gardens in the spring and can attest they are beautiful. We did a "girls day" with the women in my family, we really enjoyed the gardens. I recommend it.

Anita, that wedding sounds like so much fun! What a hoot! Did you have fun with the Aussie Rescue group? Change of topic, don't think I need a support group, other than my friends, yet. If things go from bad to worse, that may change.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 08:00 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on putzing around the house and yard today - no more Monday shifts at the WRC! Also planning on getting a good walk in with Gus today. He did really well at the Aussie picnic when he's tired from a long walk . The stuff I brought also seemed pretty popular there.

Pam, hope you join us also!

Laura, is DH doing a bit better now that he's back home?

Paula, walks seem to be popular all over this week! Thinking about formal gardens - wondering if its time to pick up some tulip and daffodil bulbs and get them planted.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-16-19, 12:06 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I went to the gym this morning and did a lower-body strength workout. It felt good to get back to my normal routine. This afternoon, I'm going to try to film some intro videos for the various website/blog pages I'm setting up. Around that, I'm trying to get stuff done like a load of laundry and unloading/loading the dishwasher, etc.

Anita - So, will you be working at the WRC Tues., Wed., and/or Thurs.? DH is doing better. He has so many appointments these days and I take him to most of them, but it's really starting to pay dividends. There is enough wrong with him that it's going to take a long time for him to get to where we would say he's "well", but it took him a long time to get to where he was at his worst. I'm thrilled that it didn't take him 2 weeks to recover from the trip - just a few days. That alone is a big improvement.

Paula - Good to know about the Duke gardens. Maybe we'll spend a couple of days over there next spring. When does your DH's medical stuff start? How long does he need to hang in there until the process starts? Waiting can often be so stressful. It's good to see you are getting in lots of excitement with walks and grocery shopping!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-16-19, 01:00 PM  
sciencelady

Laura, for WRC I'm down to just Friday mornings. Waterfowl nursery was on Wednesday mornings, but ended in July, and I did regular WRC work on Monday mornings filling in for someone that supposedly came back this Monday. Who knows? Maybe I'll go back to do some extra shifts there . Circus for me is Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
Old 09-16-19, 08:23 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jessica Smiths Chair Cardio, then Karen Voight's Get Firm Fast (the Sculpt section), then Yoga with Adriene Movement Medicing - Energy. Also a long walk with DH.

Anita, if you're asking me if you should plants bulbs? Of course you should. Nothing is heartier and the splash of color when they come up just shouts "Spring". Glad Gus was on good behavior at the picnic.

Laura, DH had a pre-op appointment today. He had a visit with the Dr,, some lab work, and got prescriptions filled for afterward. The actual surgery will be the 26th. He was a bungle of nerves until after he saw the doctor. Now he seems more at ease. Let's hope he can sleep tonight (he didn't much last night) so I can too.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 08:12 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on getting a good walk in with Gus before it gets too hot and humid outside. Planning on working at the circus also. I might find the courage to do the leather sofa fix kit today - funny how opening and trying these kits takes courage for me .

Paula, I understand the bulb results in spring , but we're having weird weather here - I usually plant in a cool fall time, but we're in the high 80s this week and very humid - don't want the bulbs to get confused in warm soil rather than cooling soil. I'm glad DH is finding a little bit of peace before his surgery. Will they do a laparoscopic surgery on him?

Laura, glad DH is recovering a bit faster than with previous bouts - that's good! Have fun filming! You truly have a skill at doing that - I think I'd erase every try for some reason or another...

Waves to all!

Anita