Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-19, 08:10 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - I Thought I Wanted a Career. Turns Out All I Wanted Is Paychecks. 9/1

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 08:25 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Since it's Labor Day weekend, I figured the theme might be appropriate.

We're having a lazy morning so far. We're watching a Hallmark-esque movie on Netflix right now and I'm doing computer stuff while I watch. We'll see what else we get into today.

Dede - It's always good to see you, even if you don't have a lot to post. The writers' group I'm a part of is Compel Training, part of the Proverbs 31 ministry. They offer training in the form of classes and blog posts and community groups. I'm a part of the blog group.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-01-19, 08:55 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! I like your titles .

I'm not sure what my day will contain today. Normally i'd go for a nice long walk with Gus, but he's got a gimpy foot this morning and isn't up to miles of walking today. He had something get stuck in his paw yesterday during our walk and he got it out - must still be a bit swollen and tender there - nothing with broken skin or damaged bones that I can tell. I might go to the state fair instead. Or I might just stay home and piddle around with various projects here.

Laura, sounds like we'll be having similar days today . Do you need to do some hurricane prep if the storm veers your way? Or do you just expect a huge rainstorm and winds that far inland? Sorry DH will feel air pressure changes so badly .

Dede, glad you dropped in!

Hoping Paula is enjoying her time with family and that she and Laura get to meet this trip!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 02:31 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Laura, I have lots to talk about, but none of it good. Compel was the first thing that came to my mind when you made that comment. I've been receiving P31 devos for years. I've been with First 5 since the beginning. I take part in all of their OBS's. Have you ever been to She Speaks? It's probably not too far away from where you are. If you enjoy writing, would you be interested in a writing prompt? Kate Motaung runs the Five Minute Friday website where she posts a one-word writing prompt every week. I learned a long time ago that I can't write squat in five minutes. But I think prompts are interesting.

Anita, sorry about Gus's foot. I hope he feels better soon.

Everyone have a good week.
Old 09-02-19, 06:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Although today is a holiday, no difference in feeding turtles and bats this morning at the WRC - still happens, although we'll probably be shorthanded a bit. Otherwise planning on putzing around the house and yard - Gus is still gimpy on his foot. Seemed to be doing a bit better last night but this morning he's back to gimpy. I'll take him in to the vet if this continues Tuesday.

Dede, thanks for your kind thoughts towards Gus .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-02-19, 07:02 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Good morning. Happy Labor Day. Mom and Dad will be coming over for lunch, so we'll be getting ready for that this morning. The YMCA is closed today. They are open quite a few holidays, but I guess they don't want to make people work on Labor Day.

We're watching the track of the hurricane. It's supposed to go along the coastline until NC where it may hit the coast on the Outer Banks and then head out to sea. Usually, Raleigh gets a lot of rain out of these systems, but doesn't have the bad flooding other parts of NC get. A lot of whether we go will depend on the track of the storm and how DH feels with the strong weather fronts that will come through here. The unstable air affects him more than anything.

Dede - I wasn't aware of the She Speaks conference until this summer, right before it was supposed to occur. I'm considering it for next year. It sounds like you have been involved in the website/group for quite awhile. I have read several of Lysa TerKeurst's books over the years and have become aware of the online resources more recently. At this point, I have a long list of posts to write for the website on more business type topics.

Anita - You mean the animals at the WRC don't take a holiday from eating? I hope that Gus does better and, if not, that the vet can fix him up.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-02-19, 01:21 PM  
Tiny

Greetings!

This has been a pretty good weekend. I ran errands Saturday, got my kitchen and pantry organized. Sunday morning I had breakfast with the girls from work, did some chores and binged on some Netflix shows. Today I went to Crumble to try some of the new flavors of the week - lemon glaze, carrot cake, biscotti lava, and oatmeal chocolate chip. Of course I took a bite of each and they are all delicious.

Laura~love the title as always and I find it very true! Dorian is a beast of a hurricane and moving so slow. Stay prepared and I hope DH doesn’t start feeling too bad. Any luck meeting up with Paula yet?

Anita~aw I hope Gus’s paw heals up. I’m starting to like putzing around my condo, starting to settle in and feeling more at ease.

Hi Dede!

Talk soon!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 08:00 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Gus is still gimpy so trying to get in to the vet for a workup today or tomorrow. Otherwise putzing around here. I'm preparing to get some floor carpets washed downstairs, hoping to rent the washer tomorrow and working on clearing the space today. Also planning on working at the circus today.

Laura, hope you had a good time with family yesterday. I'm celebrating that the State Fair is over and peace and quiet will come back to my neighborhood and traffic back to normal patterns. It sounds like NC isn't on the main track of this hurricane - SC is still listed (Alabama isn't at all ). You'll still probably get some storms from it, so hope DH handles it well. I hadn't heard of Lysa TerKeurst - total world I'm not aware of...

Mary, those sound like great cookies! I'd have to be further away from that place than you!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-03-19, 02:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We are trying to figure out if we can leave for the trip early on Thursday morning or even Wednesday late afternoon if we can swing it. So, we are in a mad dash now to get things together. They keep saying that Raleigh probably won't be impacted much, but it would take just a slight shift west from it's projected path for us to get be impacted with at least heavy rain and moderately high winds. So, we are rearranging appointments and trying to get stuff together. If I seem to drop off the face of the earth, I've just gone to WV.

It looks like Paula and I won't have a chance to get together this trip. I'm not moving anytime soon and I assume her family will be here for the foreseeable future, so we can make it another time.

Everyone have a good rest of your week.

Laura

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-04-19, 09:04 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Lovely cool sunny weather here in MN, hope SE US coastline is tolerating the hurricane. I'm loving being able to drive north again because the fair is closed! I'm planning on renting a carpet cleaner and getting my basement carpets cleaned today - haven't done them in decades and will probably need to bring in my orchids down there in a week or so because of our cool temps. Gus is feeling better - a hole was found in his paw pad yesterday at the vet which explains his pain, but he seems to be doing a bit better and nothing is remaining stuck in him, We did about a mile walk yesterday and will go again today.

Laura, is your trip an escape the hurricane fleeing or were you planning on a get away vacation trip? Hope you have a good reservation for staying somewhere else - I imagine lots of hotels/motels are booked down there because of the hurricane. Sorry it looks like you and Paula wan't be able to see each other down there. I hope all is going well with her visit to family there.

Waves to all!

Anita