Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-31-13, 10:56 PM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

Cool EVERY DAY in JUNE - All Welcome!!!

This is the Every Day in June Check-in, where we strive for daily activity and/or consistency in workouts. Our goal is to avoid having too many TURDs (Totally Unplanned Rest Days) in our lives, although WERDs (Well Earned Rest Days) are a different matter.

If you are a lurker or newcomer, feel welcome to pop in and join us. We are a friendly, supportive group, and don't bite. We will be glad to provide you with motivation as needed, whether it be in the form of a pat on the back, or a kick in the rear. We have a variety of exercise interests, and no special rotation is required. No matter your workout preferences, you will fit in--it's all good.

I stole this from Mary's intro last month
Old 05-31-13, 10:59 PM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

I was catching up and was going to post in last month's thread but since it was close to June 1st... my sleep has gone awry in the past week. I should be asleep now

Thurs. Ultimate Yogi Foundations #2
Fri. ART warmup + Quicktone #6 (Total body w/ 8 kg kettlebell)

Lili glad you enjoyed Power Jump. Me, me! I recommended that one! I think the ART workouts are the longest that I've done something consistently. Might be why I'm seeing results Cleda reminds me of CLX which I also was in love with. I only made it two months (twice) with that one. I could never finish the Lean phase.

Kyra I'm sorry that you have to give up karate, but it sounds like you are making the right decision if that is any consolation. I hope you have a great clinical rotation experience.

Daphne work is crazy for me too! I'm hoping the summer slowdown hits soon.

EM very strange about your dog and the neighbor! Hopefully the exercise will calm her down a bit so she'll be content to stay home.

Kelly waves!

Cleda I'm impressed with your tire changing. I'm such a girlie with mechanical stuff. I've always run cold and sleep with blankets. I think I might have to admit that the hot flashes are starting though. I'm now spending all night pulling covers on/off. I saw Victoria's note about Coach Sean -- he is/was a swell trainer

Mary good job staying on track with STS during the visit.

I'm going to have the house to myself Sat night for the first time ever! My DD is going to NY with friends and DH/DS are going to the PA boonies for a football scouting event. I'm actually looking forward to it and have big plans to clean house and sort clothes. Or maybe I'll exercise too much and catch up on sleep
Old 06-01-13, 02:54 AM  
edensmom

Hi Sharon! Thanks for getting us started. Sorry about the sleep troubles.
Wow- house all to yourself! That is precious. Enjoy that alone time however you choose to spend it.

Nice you are enjoying ART Method so well. There is a fair amount of content, from what I understand. That should help!

I have never, ever changed a tire. On any sort of mode of transportation. I have no idea how which I think is a disadvantage. Not that I have never had a flat. In my early 20s I got a flat about 50 miles from home and pulled into a gas station. I began to cry, not knowing what to do and knowing also my usual rescuer (dear old dad) would take more than a little while to arrive. Within minutes a passerby offered me help and quickly changed the tire. Talk about humbling- he was missing multiple fingers! And I still have never learned.

See you all this month!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-13, 12:15 PM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

Once I finally woke up, had a nice long workout

15m line dance practice + Firm Cardio Overdrive + CS 807 Elongating Your Muscles

EM yes, the variety with the ART workouts sooths my vidiot ADD. I think I've only repeated a workout once.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!
Old 06-01-13, 12:18 PM  
Kyra

Thanks for starting us off, Sharon! Hope you have an enormously productive day (or not, as the mood suits you!).

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, too. I'd blame it on the stress but truthfully it's the heat. Finally broke down last night and turned the AC on in the bedroom. Woke up this morning with all three cats plastered to me in their usual positions - first time in a few days they've wanted much more from me than an occasional pat on the head.

EM - what a crazy story about your neighbor and your dog! I'm glad for you that she moved away. People like that freak me out.

Took advantage of the fact that I tend to be extremely productive in the morning by knocking out an assignment first thing today. Done, dusted, and turned in electronically. I plan to finish one more before heading out for a walk.

Went to the gym this morning, UB workout, the final one of Phase 1 of Show and Go. Just finished printing out the Phase 2 workouts and started to go over them. Definitely not your plain vanilla stuff! Nothing crazy but lots of mobility exercises I've never seen before, and a few new-to-me exercise variations. He gives you video clips for every exercise and there are some good form pointers in there, so it's been worth the investment in time to watch them even when I think I know what I'm doing!

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 07:58 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

CS 801 - Stretch all 600 muscles.

I slept 7.5 hours last night uninterrupted. Heaven! DD ended staying home so we hung out watching movies last night and we are heading to Trader Joes soon.

Kyra my family is hot blooded so the A/C got turned on early. Sounds like your household is enjoying the relief.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-02-13, 11:46 AM  
edensmom

Good morning. No workout yesterday. My friend's bridal shower was yesterday and I had to get her some drinking glasses to go with the gift I got her. I went with a boozy theme and got this new smirnoff "diet" flavored vodka, these really cute cosmo and mimosa mixers, cranberry cosmo sugar to rim the glass (actually wanted this for myself as it was so cute) and martini party napkins. Yesterday I got martini glasses with bent stems that were really nice and pretty. I had something else in mind I had seen on Friday but when I saw those, they were perfect.

The party was so fun! I ended up knowing one person besides the bride-to-be, but everyone was so friendly I felt comfortable right off. It started at 3 and I didn't make it home til 8:30.

It is so great that I have been able to venture out of the house on my own more lately. For my mental health, I mean!

Finishing up my coffee and will be getting in my workout before heading off downtown to the Saturday market (yes on Sunday) and Rose Festival. It may be a Jessica Smith kind of day, had a few spiked Arnold Palmer's yesterday and not quite as SHARP as I normally am in the morning.

I dislike air conditioning too. I would rather have the windows open, unless it is just really really unbearable. In the car I always opt for windows down too. We have 2 portable air conditioners that we take in and out since they aren't really necessary here most of the year. I dislike having them in since it means those windows can't be opened, and one of them takes up a window where I keep my plants. There are only so many places I can keep them since I have to keep them away from little hands AND kitty paws that love to dig!

Now I have to google Show and Go.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Old 06-02-13, 12:51 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Not much to report

But I need my arrow to indicate that I am active in this post. lol

Sharon: Thank you for getting us started!

May 31st: WERD
June 1st: TURD

Oh well! meant to start off the month better. I'll be honest, I was so sore in my quads from LIFT that it's one of those dvds that I'll have a tough time picking up again due to FEAR. Yesterday? Just hot, I got lazy, was exhausted after a tough week of work(s) and bagged it.

Kyra: Here's my most pathetic story of tire-changing. One of my first adventures in tire changing was changing out something like 6 tubes and several hours. On the side of a road with a friend. It was most embarrassing when a person drove by once and on the return trip a couple of hours later we were still sitting there. Looking back, it's kinda funny now. Turns out (she ended up riding back on a flat cuz it blew again) ... her rim did not have rim tape and there was something in it rupturing the tubes each time we put one in. I carry 2-6 tubes with me when I'm riding .... Now I'm down to 2 tubes and a patch kit.

Oh and dollar bills - which I have used to line the inside of the tire to boot it. Did that on the Erie Canal and then bought a new tire. I've also ridden with a mangled wheel ... sometimes ignorance is bliss. Same partner and I got tangled, luckily did not get hit by the truck ... but I messed my wheel up something awful. Pulled out two of the spokes ... bent them in weird ways so I could continue riding - and finished the 80 or 100 miles ... I forget how many. Took the bike to the shop and had to buy a new wheel. The mechanic SWORE I ran it over with my car. lol.

Car tires? Learned a long time ago, but I would prefer to call AAA or dh. Whoever is closer and can arrive quickest. I don't have AAA for the bike not to mention half the time, my dh wouldn't be able to find me on the back roads. lol

Wait - come to think of it - dh did come down the turnpike to rescue Brenda and I one time - but I forget when that was or what happened. Maybe it was the tire day??? Hmmmmmmm......... I'll have to ask her. Once and only once.

AC? I don't really want dh to put them in yet. It's only June 2nd and once they go in the windows (3 of them) it's like winter in here. They stay on all summer (kaching! kaching! to the electric bill). So, we've suffered the heat. It's ok, but hot. Compound that with the fact that I have to wear surgical stockings & jeans all the time and well, I've not been a happy camper.

Ok, will check in later.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 01:43 PM  
Kyra

Cleda, I learned the hard way not to assume there was a linear relationship between flats and repairs. When I was doing tris I'd streamline the kit for events, but for training rides - two tubes, a patch kit, and at least 3 CO2s.

Car tires: I could do most home-doable car repairs before I could drive. My dad always worked on our cars and for as far back as I can remember I helped; eventually I did the work on my own. It wasn't until I was in college that I learned you could actually pay someone to, say, change your oil, do a tune up, replace lights, whatever. I figured everyone knew how to do car stuff and just did the work home, too. So, safe to say I've changed a tire or two.

Sharon - YAY for sleep!

Today was a 10 mile walk. Probably not the best thing to do day before starting a new program but I was out early and it seemed relatively cool, compared to yesterday, so off I went. Tomorrow is a leg day so I'm hoping some very thorough pre-workout rolling will see me through.

The Karate Decision: Just to clarify a bit. Usually attendance goes waaaaaay down in the summer, especially on weekends. Kids have events, parents get tied up because kids have events.... so he's moving the usual Saturday classes to Wednesday nights through August. Now, for the past two semesters pretty much the only days I've been able to get out are Saturdays. I hope to do weeknights but usually I'm either too fried from school, class runs late, or I have something (i.e., studying) I'm better off doing. When I'm at clinic I might be able to go, but that will depend on my clinic schedule, and I have no idea what that looks like at this point. The place where I used to work had really odd hours, but this place is so big I suspect it might be a straight 8 - 5 gig. We'll see. In any event, I have more or less given myself permission to let karate go for now, knowing it'll be there when I'm ready to go back.

LOL. Just needed to get that out of my head.

Cooler weather ahead for us, so I'm Waves to all!

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 03:11 PM  
edensmom

Back with my workout: fitness blender 60 min hiit cardio & abs.