Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-11, 04:00 PM  
sherry7899

Does anyone use dance sneakers for workouts?

I'm getting back to trying dance workouts, and I'm wondering if wearing dance sneakers makes a big difference? My crosstrainers feel really heavy for dance workouts. I exercise on puzzle mats, but may do workouts on berber carpeting for more space.

There are different types on endless.com. Since they have free shipping both ways, I may order a pair to try out. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sherry
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 05:10 PM  
killoffsonny

I use them for zumba. I think they would probably work for most dance type workouts. I agree about regular trainers being too stiff.
Old 05-12-11, 05:21 PM  
cpcathy

I have some on my wish list on Amazon. They're about $30 ish. I really want them!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 05:35 PM  
sherry7899

Becky and Cathy, which type do you have (or want to have!)

Thanks-
Sherry
Old 05-12-11, 05:58 PM  
KathAL79

Sherry, I have some Blochs that I use for dance cardio workouts where I'm going to be doing a lot of spinning on my carpeted surface (I don't have thick pile; I have used these on Berber-type carpet and on some really worn stuff that lived through the 80s). I like them for that purpose. I don't feel as comfortable wearing them for workouts with a lot of lunges or that type of move, however, as the pivot point in the toe that allows you to spin so easily also seems rather slick when you're trying to keep one leg in place while the other moves.
I don't know that they're dramatically lighter than crosstrainers, but mine only have soles on the heel and toe area, leaving the arch free. They look something like this one. I got that particular model because they looked close to what the NYC Ballet dancers wore in their workouts; when I decide to replace them, I'll probably do a little more research on make and model.
Dh got my pair for me for my birthday several years back. You can often find them for a good price at dance retailers online, too.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 06:19 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I have dance sneakers that I orginally wanted for barre workouts (like cardio barre, etc. where you want a shoe) but had trouble pointing my toe etc. in cross trainers. I have been very happy with my purchase and am now doing TA meta and use the dance sneakers the days I do TA cardio - the padding in the sole seems to help me with the impact. My one warning is that they are not sized like regular shoes, I went up 1.5 sizes. So although on line is cheaper, I purchased mine at a retailer.

Terrie
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 06:45 PM  
killoffsonny

I have the same kind as Kath. I got them at a dance wear store. They were kind of pricey and I can't remember exactly how much but more than 50. I think capezio makes them too and they are less but I didn't want to order online. Sizing is different than other shoes. I think I took a size and a half larger than I normally wear in shoes. Next time I need a pair I will order online.
Old 05-12-11, 06:56 PM  
sherry7899

I found these online at endless.com and they have really good reviews. The reviews all say to order two sizes larger:

http://www.endless.com/Sansha-Salset...ressRedirect=1

They have free shipping both ways and are a good price, so I may try them out.

I'd get them in black so they'd go with anything.

ETA: Darn, they had my size two hours ago, and now they're gone!
They do have another style of that same brand in my size. I guess I should order them pretty quickly.

Thanks!
Sherry
Old 05-12-11, 07:41 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I bought the Sansha Salsette from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sansha-Salsett...5247217&sr=8-1
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 08:03 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Gina but they are out of my size at Amazon, too! It's a pain having size 10 feet!

Sherry

Tags
dance sneakers