Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-09-11, 10:44 AM  
Stephanie84

Has anyone done Slim in 6?

I'm on week 2 right now and not sure when to start Ramp it Up. Is it best to do Start It Up for 2 wks, then Ramp it Up for 2 and finish the last 2 weeks for Burn it Up? I actually did Ramp it Up the other day but I don't think I could do it daily (yet)!

Please let me know how you did the rotations and what kind of results you got! Thanks!
Stephanie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-11, 04:01 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

There's a thread going right now about Slim in 6 and what to do after it. You should do a search. I didn't read it all, but I think there is talk of results there.

You can probably just click New Posts and it will come up.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-11, 07:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I think it depends on what type of condition you're in. If you're totally new to exercise, I'd do two week of SIU, and then two of RIU, and the last two of BIU.

Only you know what type of shape you're in. How are you doing with the lunges/squats, etc.

If you've been exercising for a while and Debbie's fast pace doesn't bother you, go with the first week of SIU, the next two of RIU, and the next two/three with BIU. If you have Keep It Up, that can be used in your last week, also.

Each workout is supposed to prepare you for the next weeks workouts. Start It Up begins with no weight work (just your own body weight.) Ramp It Up has the weights, and is a little longer. Burn It Up is the toughest/longest of the three. Keep It Up is used in maintanence, or as an alternative to some of the other workouts.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-11, 07:26 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Not to confuse you any further, but Debbie also has Slim in 6 Express series, which are shorter workouts (~30 minutes) and have more cardio and core work added to the mix. Just something to keep in mind...down the road. And then there's also the Slim Series workouts, which are longer (but really terrific workouts!)

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-11, 10:45 PM  
Richie

Stephanie,
Just do each workout until you feel that it's just that little bit too comfortable then progress, that's what I do. I wouldn't worry about the 6 week timeframe either. There's no reason why it can't be "Slim in 10" or whatever you want really!

I would love to post results but I am forever starting something and then stopping after a month or so. I LOVE doing Sin6 but I keep re-starting after months of not working out! I don't even get bored by it but something will get in the way (a business trip or one of the holidays) and I lose my momentum and progression and end up back at square one yet again!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 10:38 AM  
CHAPLYN61

When I did it. I did start it up for 2 weeks ( i have the older longer version on vhs) then started ramp it up. but had a tough time with this. for the 1st week of ramp it up, i would alternate ramp it up with start it up . then the 3 and 4 weeks would do ramp it up. by week 5 i was alternating ramp it up with burn in up . then weeks 6 & 7 was only doing burn it up. I know it takes longer, but using that extra week to intergrate the new workout with old really helped.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 09:05 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

When I've done Si6 rotations in the past I did any one of the three workouts, which ever one fit into my time frame the best. So if I was short on time I did Start, longer time, Ramp or Burn. The second time I did a rotation I made sure to do Slim & Limber after each workout and it made a big difference for me in how sore I was and my recovery time.

Tags
slim in 6