Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-09, 06:57 AM  
flamingoo

bloch shoes

Has anyone heard of these shoes. They got good reviews from many people who wear them for Zumba. I've started doing Tracy Anderson's dance cardio and need a good pair of "dance shoes". I'm just wondering which style to get because there seems to be many different kinds. If I can get away with a cheaper pair, while still getting the support I need- that would be great!
Thanks
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 08:23 AM  
KathAL79

They've been around for a long time. I got a pair of the split sole sneakers (aka dance sneakers or dansneakers) about 5 years ago that I pull out when I'm doing floor workouts (dance or hi/lo) with a lot of pivoting. (Sorry, can't remember the exact style, but they look something like these). The pivot point on the toe works great for turning, even on carpet (I was on that berber-style carpet when I got them, and now I'm on very worn 70s/80s stuff). I don't wear them regularly, especially not for weights, because they do turn so well (not great for step, IMHO), they don't have a lot of lateral support, plus the arch is unsupported (although with compression, like those sports socks you see, so that's not entirely true).

If it's pivoting that you're concerned about and/or want full support, a cheap alternative is to put a piece of slick tape over the toe box of a pair of sneakers you otherwise don't care much about.

ETA: I know Capezio also makes these. You can find both Bloch and Capezio at discount (dance and some big shoe) r/etailers, too, which is the route I went and recommend.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 11:23 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79
If it's pivoting that you're concerned about and/or want full support, a cheap alternative is to put a piece of slick tape over the toe box of a pair of sneakers you otherwise don't care much about.
I use duct tape over old cross-trainers, old split-sole jazz shoes, and even old split-sole ballet flats.

Tags
dance shoes, dance sneakers