Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-19, 09:29 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I have never tried it, but always thought it looked like fun.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-19, 09:56 PM  
Sand

This looks like fun, but I wouldn't trust myself dancing with drumsticks in my hands. I'm quite clumsy and would likely hurt myself! Mine would have to be rubber drumsticks!
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-19, 10:13 PM  
Betty Boop

Everyone -- Thanks for your responses! I haven't been able to post; I've been getting a weird Server Error message, so I hope this works. I decided to order an inexpensive set of sticks from Amazon and try the YouTube videos.
Old 09-28-19, 10:51 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I've taken quite a few live Pound classes. It's fun but kind of gimmicky too, in my opinion. Take that with a grain of salt as I actually play the drums in real life, and this is nothing like playing drums!
Ooh-- what drums do you play? I have been thinking about taking lessons.
Old 09-29-19, 07:06 AM  
horsemom2

another sample
https://www.doctoroz.com/episode/hot...=2839207714001
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 10:09 AM  
wendug

Well this is a workout where you can really tell if someone is off beat! I don't think I would like all the noise of the sticks. I think I'll pass.
Old 09-29-19, 11:11 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand View Post
This looks like fun, but I wouldn't trust myself dancing with drumsticks in my hands. I'm quite clumsy and would likely hurt myself! Mine would have to be rubber drumsticks!
Oh my gosh, this happened one time in class! One of the gals to the left of me lost her grip on one of her sticks, and it went flying right over my head. Thankfully, it missed me and we had a good laugh about it, but it could have gone so much differently had I been in a slightly different spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
Ooh-- what drums do you play? I have been thinking about taking lessons.
I have an Alesis electronic kit, which is really fun because it makes all kinds of different sounds depending on what kit you choose from the menu. Before that, I played on a regular kit. I'm terribly out of practice these days! But I totally, totally recommend taking lessons! That's how I started...a friend of a friend was happy to give me lessons and it was so. much. FUN, I just got addicted!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 09:53 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post

I have an Alesis electronic kit, which is really fun because it makes all kinds of different sounds depending on what kit you choose from the menu. Before that, I played on a regular kit. I'm terribly out of practice these days! But I totally, totally recommend taking lessons! That's how I started...a friend of a friend was happy to give me lessons and it was so. much. FUN, I just got addicted!!
Thanks -- Yes, I've got to do this!
Old 09-30-19, 12:49 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I've done Pound a couple of times. It definitely is gimmicky--a new toy to add interest. Using the sticks does get your arms involved more in the workout and can help you do things like go deeper into a squat to try to hit the floor with the sticks.

It reminds me of ras garba using dandiya--Indian folk dancing! That's usually done in a group. I wouldn't consider either a major workout, both are good for variety and fun.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-19, 01:03 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
I've done Pound a couple of times. It definitely is gimmicky--a new toy to add interest. Using the sticks does get your arms involved more in the workout and can help you do things like go deeper into a squat to try to hit the floor with the sticks.

It reminds me of ras garba using dandiya--Indian folk dancing! That's usually done in a group. I wouldn't consider either a major workout, both are good for variety and fun.
Now THAT looks like FUN!!!! I wish I had somewhere to learn that!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pound, pound rockout, pound workout, pound workouts, poundfit