Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-19, 07:12 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Flew home today - all uneventful. I'll try to catch up and write more tomorrow. Laura and I weren't able to match schedules this trip - my family had my dance card pretty filled up. Oh well, maybe next year.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 05:44 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Greetings from Princeton ... West Virginia. We stopped here overnight. We’ll have about a 3 hour drive to Huntington. We left from DH’s chiropractor appointment at about 3. He’s hanging in there.

Anita - I’m glad Gus is doing better. We were planning on leaving for WV tomorrow for a visit. We were afraid the trip would be slow to bad because of the weather.

I saw this theme and thought it would make a good theme. Feel free to use it , if you want. It’s meant in a klutz way, not a circus way.

I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally.

Paula - That’s a nice problem to have, a family who wants to do things with you when you visit! Welcome home. I’ll be here next time.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 07:08 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Hi all! Sorry to disappear again - busy times getting DS packed and off to university! We moved him in on Saturday and his classes started yesterday. He is settling in - I spoke with him yesterday and he sounds good - excited about all of the new stuff, but a good excited not an anxious excited if that makes sense DH and I are doing well - we kinda feel like we got our house back Like it might stay clean/tidy for quite a while! DH still isn't working but we think he's getting close to going back, hopefully next week. I've been doing yoga, meditating every day, along with walks with DH and some lower body floor work thrown sprinkled in. I got my MRI results yesterday and it came back with no significant damage. There is nothing around the area of the tarsal tunnel like a cyst, etc that would cause the nerve impingement. This is good news in many ways but it doesn't help me in my quest to heal and get back to hiking and running.

Paula - glad you're home safely and had a nice trip but sorry you couldn't meet up with Laura. I will keep you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers.

Anita - Glad that Gus is starting to feel better!

Laura - I LOVE that theme as I too do all my own stunts

Mary - Glad you are settling in to your condo

Hi Dede!

Apparently Hurricane Dorian is going to impact us Saturday night into Sunday but only as a Category 1. Currently it seems we will get significant rain in a very short period which could cause localized flooding. If we lose power, I may disappear again until it's restored.

Waves to all!
Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 08:15 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I did get the basement carpets cleaned yesterday! Hoping they dry completely today and so I can pack stuff back in there - can't believe all the gunk that got pulled out of those carpets! Nice to get this done now before I have to bring the orchids back from outside - with the weather as cool as it is this fall, don't think that will be too far off! I did take Gus for his usual walk yesterday of about 4 miles - he was a bit gimpy, but he's getting better.

Today, planning on putzing around the house and garden and giving Gus another walk.

Welcome back, Paula! Glad the hurricane wasn't affecting your flights yesterday. Sorry you missed meeting up with Laura.

Laura, what's in Huntington that you're going there? Thanks for the theme for next week .

Beth, wow a university move in! Is he staying in the dorm and does he have a new roommate? I just remember my dorm from the first year and all the people I met - different backgrounds from what I grew up with - big eye opener that changed my life! My brother stayed at home for university locally and never got his eyes opened like I did. Sorry your MRI results didn't give you big answers to what your foot is going through - hope the results do help your therapists develop new recovery programs for you that will bring you back to running! Sorry you're getting whacked by Dorian also, way up there in Canada!

I did message Lexy on FB and she's doing OK after Dorian - life is returning back to normal for her with no big damage there.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 04:14 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I am watching Dorian's approach to NC on explore.org, the frying pan tower. Looks like another American flag is going to get shredded. They auctioned the one that was decimated by Florence to raise money for Florence victims. Maybe they'll do the same this year if the flag doesn't fly away.

Beth, I'm sorry you didn't get answers from the MRI, although I understand that it's good news too. Frustrating, though, when you want to get better.

Laura, safe travels!

Paula, glad you're back home safely.

Anita, I'm glad Gus didn't have anything stuck in his paw.

Mary, glad you're getting settled in. I'm sure being someplace new will help you move forward.

I'm still just catching whatever workout I can manage to do. Dealing with the new normal. Still having some trouble "getting over it" but it is what it is.

Everyone have a good (and safe) evening.
Old 09-05-19, 07:54 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Trying to get back into my home routines. My only exercise was a neighborhood walk with DH.

Laura, we will eventually meet up. Have you ever visited the NC Tiger Rescue? One of the activities my sister planned for while I was there was a tour, we really enjoyed it.

Beth, glad your DS seems to be settling into university life - its a big step for all of you. I'm sure the house will stay cleaner LOL. Since the test did not show anything specifically wrong with your foot - what does that mean for treatment options? Hope Dorian doesn't hit you too hard.

Anita, thanks for updating us on Lexy. Glad to hear her home is intact and the storm has moved on. Didn't she say when they moved there that Ameila Island didn't get hurricanes? And hasn't she had a close cal every year since she's moved there? Glad you and Gus and keeping active.

Dede, good to see you. "Just do what you can do" is my mantra for aging.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 06:40 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm planning on working at the WRC this morning, then taking Gus out for a walk. Otherwise putzing around - I do need to make a grocery run. I am slowly cleaning up pots from outside and bringing in plants for the winter - the spiders have been busy with their webs. I did get everything cleaned up and put back downstairs so its ready to get the orchid room set up.

Dede, I think you're working out more than me - I'm consistent with long walks with Gus - doing about 4 to 5 miles a day, but haven't done a workout in about a month.

Paula, nice to settle back in at the house. Are you doing any flights with DH before he goes in for his medical workup? Is he needing to stay in the hospital or too early to know yet?

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-06-19, 12:33 PM  
Tiny

Greetings!

I’m WAH today as I was in the office Wednesday and Thursday for our support staff conference. It’s the first one for our district and it was held at our office in Phoenix. My coworker and the committee got it all together and did a great job. I was not part of the committee but helped out, I don’t like to be fully committed.

This was the first week since the “DH divorce talk” in December that I did my normal workout routine. Normal routine meaning I did Sydney Cummings 30 minute strength workouts. It means I am adapting to my new life and my heart is healing.

Anita~yes thank you for the Lexy update! Glad Gus’ paw is feeling better. I’m jealous of ya wonderful weather!

Beth~so happy DS is adjusting well! Glad you got good news about your foot but sorry that it doesn’t explain what’s going on.

Paula~I didn’t answer ya question from a few weeks ago about the swearing in. It’s not a big deal at all like on tv. The executive just brings in donuts and the swearing in lasts about 10-15 minutes. I’m glad you are home safe! Hopefully next time you and Laura can meet up.

Laura~safe travels to you!

Hi Dede!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 07:55 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the circus today and taking Gus for his walk. If there's time, I might stop by a garden center and pick up a nice houseplant for my birthday.

Mary, nice that you did have a support staff conference that you helped with and probably got to learn something. Glad to hear your heart is healing - it likely comes in waves, but enjoy your happy days .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-07-19, 08:29 AM  
Tiny

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NITA!

Have a wonderful birthday weekend!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote