Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-18, 03:46 PM  
Libby

Ways to secure keys at Waterparks

My husband bought a pair of (very expensive) swim/surfing shorts yesterday that have zippered pockets so he can leave keys in there when we go to a waterpark or the beach. They were $69! He hated spending that much but hasn't had any luck finding this type of swim shorts anywhere. We compared prices online for these shorts and that is about the average price for them. Any other ways to secure keys (besides renting a locker) at waterparks and the beach? If you rent a locker, you have to keep up with the locker key which defeats the problem. Thanks for any suggestions!
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-18, 05:14 PM  
Buzzer

Probably not a popular opinion, but I'm past the age where I care what people think..

FANNY PACKS!! I love them! I carry my phone, keys and whatever other treasures I have (credit cards, cash, etc) in my fanny pack. As long as you aren't planning on getting too wet, or as long as you don't have electronic keys.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-18, 09:15 PM  
Libby

That would work but we will be getting very wet. Maybe a waterproof fanny pack.
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-18, 10:11 PM  
Buzzer

... or put your stuff in a plastic bag inside of a fanny pack?
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-18, 01:31 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

if it's just keys, the fanny pack idea would be great. keys can get wet, so it wouldn't matter if the fanny pack was water proof or not.

if you need to put credit cards in the fanny pack, i'd put the cards in 2 ziploc bags (put in 1 ziploc, then insert that ziploc into another ziploc) and then into the fanny pack. you just need a small fanny pack.

if you have way more stuff, then rent the locker and put the locker key in the fanny pack.

another idea is if you know someone who sews, they could sew a small secure pocket with a velcro closure into the inside of the swim trunks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 07:40 AM  
DBW

I've used a credential holder on a lanyard, the kind they give you at conferences, with a Velcro closure.
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-18, 05:14 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

You can buy a waterproof pouch. They're meant for phones but the one I have is flexible so you could put keys in it and sort of fold it up.

I've used mine for paddleboarding and kayaking. I had my phone in it and it was just fine even though I was soaked! Mine was actually only $5 at the kayaking place. The ones on Amazon look nicer.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote