Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-04-13, 09:42 AM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

Happy June, Everydayers!

Just popping in with workouts, still busy with parents visit. Dad has been going with me once a day on Rhett-walks.

June 1: Virtual Active Germany
June 2: STS week 3 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps
June 3: Jessica Smith Power Walk + a Jessica Smith pilates workout

Later I need to read through the posts thoroughly, but thank Sharon for starting us off, think Helen's new avatar is lovely, and sounds like Kay had an amazing time. DH taught me how to change a tire, but I could stand a refresher course.

Have another eye doctor appointment today for my blurry eye, so not sure if there will be a formal workout. It may be just a shopping with parents/dogwalk kind of day.

Waves to all!
Old 06-04-13, 10:40 AM  
Kyra

Breezing through - for some reason I was thinking my next class starts at 1, and it starts at 12 (and runs until 5... ugh). D'oh! So I have like 15 minutes to go find something to eat.

Just checking in with a HiiT run this morning. Absolutely feeling yesterday's new workout! LOL. I even did a few of extra intervals because I couldn't in good faith count my first two or three - could barely get my legs out of second, maybe third gear. They did loosen up eventually but I'm feeling 'em now. Beautiful morning for a run: cool! BLUE skies! Fresh breeze! This is my kind of summer weather.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 03:23 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I caught up with most of the posts, when I came to Kay's! I need more time to read and enjoy, so I decided to jump to the end and post while I can. Work has been super busy for me, and probably will be for the next month, at the very least. And then we had Miles' graduation and planning a party for this weekend. And then there are the birthdays - hubby and #1 son are both this week. I'm not sure which is more stressed - me or my wallet!

Sharon - thanks for starting us off! And thanks for the Power Jump recommendation. I'll definitely try that again.
EM - I guess I need to go back to May to find the dog story?
Kyra - I thought I'd have to go back to May for the karate reference, but you read my mind and answered my question!
Helen - love the new avatar, too! Which of your lovely daughters is it?
That's it for now. Waves to all.

Saturday - graduation. I did manage a long dog walk in the evening.
Sunday - very busy, but no workout.
Monday - was up very very early and was very tired, so pulled out KCM's Start Here. Planned on running after work, but got drenched getting to my car, rode home completely soggy, and at that point decided I didn't want to splash in any more puddles. I did hit the basement and did Jessica Smith's Dance Walk.
Tuesday - KCM's Train Like a Contender. Then I started a new DVD I got, Foam Rolling Workout and Massage. I thought I ordered Fitness Fix Foam Roller, but I must not have been paying enough attention. It wasn't bad, and I moved on without her as she babbled on and on. She had a lot of ab work in between the rolling. I don't think I'd recommend this one, but I haven't finished yet.

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” -Amelia Earhart
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 03:31 PM  
Ctfitnut
VF Supporter

Hi

I am looking for a checkin. While I have been working out regularly, I have not been visiting VF since last May (hard to believe it has been that long!).

Anyway, Happy June.

I did a cardio class today for 50 minutes; yesterday I did strength training for approximately 45 minutes; nothing the day before that and Saturday I did strength training for 45 minutes.

Sheila
Ctfitnut
Old 06-04-13, 04:14 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Welcome, Sheila!

What a cutie, Helen! A very photogenic daughter!

Mary, Rhett is adorable! Love the ears!

I like Kelly's kitty as well. Rather appropriate for Catwoman.

Walk with the dogs yesterday. Didn't think I'd make it up the driveway with my tight chest. Went to bed thinking I'd feel worse today but woke up feeling better. Still have a low grade fever & a bit of a cough, but better. Probably helped that I slept all night & most of the morning.

Had to help dh with the tractor as he got the mower hung up in some small trees. Not my idea of recuperating, but it had to be done. I let him walk the dogs.

Fezzik ate for dh this morning without added rice, but still half his usual amount. So maybe he just missed us?

Waves to all!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 04:25 PM  
edensmom

Hi all.

Lili, reader's digest version of the dog story is this: DH was driving home on Friday and saw our dog standing at the corner of a busy intersection on a leash held by a homeless guy with a sign!!! She got out which has been a recurring problem for several years. The backstory with this is that once when she got out she found a home with the neighbors for a week and they decided to keep her. When she escaped from them and returned home, they came and stole her back out of our yard. Getting the dog back from the homeless man was not so problematic- he just gave her back.

This morning I did 3 sets of walking lunges, step-ups, and reverse deficit lunges followed by TIU Thailand Tush (the names they come up with!) using a 15# and 25# lb kbell which was pretty challenging. I really really need a heavier bell for swings and to be challenged sufficiently had to hold both bells for deadlifts even though they aren't a matched set. I just don't use kbells enough to make me want to invest in more, but perhaps if I had the proper weight for swings I'd do it more often. Really like doing them.

Mary, have fun with your parents!

This week my challenge is to STAY OFF THE SCALE. It is so stinkin hard. I am just not losing this extra weight like I want and I feel like frequent weighing is becoming counterproductive and discouraging.

Welcome Sheila. This is a great bunch so I am sure you will like it here!

Waves to all. Need to fit in some outdoor playtime and either a dog walk or something else. My friend has a hair appt so we will not be working out unless DH gets off work very early. Unlikely, as now that it is June business really takes off.

Waves to all
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 12:47 AM  
Helen
VF Supporter

quickie - I have reports due by midnight & they usually take HOURS!

Welcome Sheila!!!

EM - how awful that the neighbours took YOUR dog out of your YARD!!!!! I'm absolutely appalled!

AVATAR - thanks for the positive comments. It's Caitlin, this year, on a mountains bushwalk - hence the hat. She often looks good in photos. Bridget not so much as she tends to pull faces or do something silly that ruins them.
I'm bummed that y'all didn't think it was me. (Did you see how I slipped "y'all" in there?)

KAY - welcome home! I did read your holiday report. Sounded fabulous.

LILI - up "very very" early, AND "very tired" but still did a workout? Then rode home in the rain, got soaked, but STILL did ANOTHER workout? WHOAH!!! I'm shamed & humbled.

KYRA - what's the new workout rota you're doing? Must be tough to have hit YOU!

MARY - Hope you sort out your eye. Sight is so fundamental to our species - I hate having to wear glasses, makes me feel mentally vague when the world is blurry without them.

KELLY - Hi! Pop in when you can. I understand completely, being pretty infrequent due to busy-ness myself.

NORA - Ahhh, thanks! Seasun, Rebecca, Karen... all familiar.

I know I've missed Daphne, Sharon & Cleda, but.... those reports MUST be written.. so waves for now.
Old 06-05-13, 05:41 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

Tues. CS 802 Increase Your Energy + Leslie 2 mile Power Walk
Wed. CS 803 Stress Relieving Workout

I seem to have lost my mojo this week. I'll count it as a resty week and get back in gear by Saturday.

Kay sounds like a great trip despite the rainy weather. Feel better! With my skim-reading, I first thought that Fezzik ate DH and I was quite alarmed

Lili congrats to Miles and happy birthday to the guys!

EM I'm a scale addict -- it does no good. I'm now measuring my waist once a week. I'm trying not to slip back into obsessiveness...

Helen my DD came back from school saying y'all. Quite amusing as they tease my Mom for her southern accent

Daphne glad the ART workout will be useful, maybe? DD has been using segments for after her run and it has helped her build up strength. She was having me give her a pep talk last night to try a full mat workout.

Sheila welcome back to VF and to our check-in!

I had to get DS to the school at 6a for a school trip to DC and have a happy hour for my departing boss this PM. It will be a long day...
Old 06-05-13, 07:50 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Wow, Kay, what an amazing trip! So sorry that you are sick now, though. Hope it passes quickly and hope Fezzick is doing better, too.
Welcome Sheila! It's always nice to have new faces in the group.
EM - Thanks for the dog story. I did catch the homeless guy story back in May, but missed the wacky neighbor one. That's crazy! My co-worker's daughter's dog ran off once and they got a call a few days later from someone saying they had her dog and they were keeping him! She never did get him back. Makes you wonder.
Sharon, I'm with you on the scale thing. I even keep a log.
Helen, of course I thought it was you! I was just guessing that it was your daughter!
Waves to everyone else!

Gardening and dog walk yesterday afternoon.
KCM's Your Best Body this morning. I want to do one of her rotations, but I keep switching rotations based on whatever workout I just did. Not at all productive!

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” -Amelia Earhart
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 12:58 PM  
edensmom

Hey all.
The scale: that's how I started to feel, obsessive. The scale is right outside my bedroom door and I was weighing myself near every time I walked past the the darn thing (read: a lot!) NOT good. I lost a couple pounds, then gained them back plus 2 or 3 more. It feels like I am doing everything right- doing my workouts (even varying intensity so I am not always just killing myself), logging my food, trying to make better choices- and I still gained and being constantly reminded of that is just not good for my soul. So I am choosing for right now not to make myself feel that way. I do think the scale is a useful tool and hopefully after this week when I hop on the scale it will be moving in the right direction instead of UP. I am just focusing on trying to do all the right things instead of worrying about the number.

But, ugh, that scale is not lying. I opted to wear capris today vs shorts. The back of my legs are not looking so good.

About to work out, back later.

edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote