Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-11, 04:31 PM  
pgun3

I guess what's the difference if it's family jewels or the tight workout tops women wear? How can he help this, I am sure no matter what he wears when in certain positions isn't his junk going to stand out? If you can ignore while working out, why would it bother you when just sitting around? Just saying.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 04:42 PM  
marmalade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
He's covered, but the shorts have a "pouch" where the jewels are contained, and when he bends over they are clearly outlined.
Yeah, I gotta say I have no issues with that. He's not a Ken doll, and that's OK.

My body's pretty clearly outlined in my workout clothes too, as is most women's. I'd hate if someone said I had to put on a big loose T shirt because they were uncomfortable that I had all my parts. I say give the guy a break.
marmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 04:49 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Most of the guys in the studio where I used to go would wear sort of bike shorts, with a pair of baggier shorts over them. I appreciated their efforts.

Then again, in the hospital where I work, I see all sorts of stuff that I wouldn't want to see in yoga class. I'm not embarrassed by it, or disgusted by it, there's a just a time and a place and that place is not yoga class.
Old 02-05-11, 04:51 PM  
herya

Unless he's giving you a really pervy vibe (exhibitionism, looking for female reaction, touching himself) I'd ignore it. Otherwise I'd talk to the teacher.

People have all kinds of bulges, be it jewels, bellies, love handles or breasts. Sometimes they can be tamed by appropriate attire, but not always. I make a point of wearing a sport bra to a class but them I'm only small to mid cup size. If I was 2-3 sizes bigger, a bra might not be enough to tame the bounce, help with forward bends etc.

I think that as long as people are covered and behave appropriately, we need to accept the physicality of a yoga class - but then I spend some years dancing so my sensitivity might have been blunted!
Old 02-05-11, 06:19 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretta S. View Post
Most of the guys in the studio where I used to go would wear sort of bike shorts, with a pair of baggier shorts over them. I appreciated their efforts..
Me too. And here in the small town gym where I live, even the women do that. I assume the women don't want to show their butt/crotch crack and that's fine with me.

I can't really see an instructor bringing this up, however, either privately or to the group. I say, live and let live.

At least he's not wearing a Speedo like a certain video instructor I could mention.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 06:30 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
At least he's not wearing a Speedo like a certain video instructor I could mention.
I just bought my boyfriend a couple older yoga videos by, ahem, a certain video instructor. When he was previewing them he commented that he's glad he doesn't actually watch the videos while he does them because one particular video would be a little distracting.
I told him people used to joke about the Gaiam brand codpiece that was being shown off.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 06:56 PM  
Sara1000

I ran this by DH and he said if he was that guy and the instructor talked to him about his attire he would never go back. Just don't look at him.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 07:05 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
Yeah, I gotta say I have no issues with that. He's not a Ken doll, and that's OK.

My body's pretty clearly outlined in my workout clothes too, as is most women's. I'd hate if someone said I had to put on a big loose T shirt because they were uncomfortable that I had all my parts. I say give the guy a break.
I agree. If nothing is actually showing then it's fine. My workout attire is all stretchy material so it is form fitting. I don't have anything hanging out but you can probably see bra lines.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 07:13 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Just be glad you aren't taking a naked-yoga class (yes, they exist!).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 07:18 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I can't really see an instructor bringing this up, however, either privately or to the group. I say, live and let live.
This is true. I can't see it happening either.

Yikes Kathryn! Naked solo yoga is one thing (not that I've done it), but in a class, sheesh! There is no way I would ever do that in a million years, maybe a trillion. A woman's got to know her limitations.