Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-20, 12:18 PM  
sciencelady

Paula, still haven't heard from the boxing gym . We're got a Play it Again store that will buy the kettlebells and I may try them if I hear nothing. I can try selling my kettlebell videos on Facebook again in the VF Roost, but frankly only one or two get any attention and takes a lot of time... You're doing great keeping up with PT!

Laura, glad the AARP networking event was good for you - hope you get some good job offers out of that!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 12:19 PM  
sciencelady

Dede, Several years ago I climbed Huayna Picchu, the mountain next to Machu Picchu. I was with a group of friends, but hiked that one about an hour ahead of the group, so missed being in their photos. I was in great shape at the time to be able to physically do it (frankly doubt I could do it well right now, but should have spent more time catching scenery as I did it. I do keep a close eye on where my feet are placed when hiking, so don't look up unless I've stopped. There was a section on the descent that had very narrow stone steps - I ended up sliding down on my butt instead of walking facing out on those steps - caught some scenery while doing that.
Old 01-25-20, 12:20 PM  
sciencelady

Geez, hate getting around this error...
Old 01-25-20, 02:33 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All! This morning I did Day 13 of Pahla's WLC. It was a combination of cardio and weights -- 5 pound weights and really just a few moves, so not a heavy weight work. She had the timer set for 20 seconds, and it was three different cardio moves for 20s each, then one weight move for two rounds of 20s, oh, and 20 seconds of rest in between the cardio and weight portions (but not in between each cardio). A good mix of things, but I think tomorrow I'll do something a little longer/more challenging.

I have toastmasters meetings on Saturday morning, so I'm back from that. We have a very friendly & fun group -- nobody is all that serious about advancing in TM -- it's more about having fun while we work on our speaking abilities. My 20 year old son goes with me. He actually joined the group right before his 18th birthday, and he kept telling me "it's really fun, Mom -- you should come" and I finally tried it and joined almost two years ago.

Tomorrow there is a "swap meet" at the local middle school gym. What that means is if you bring stuff to give away, you get in for free. So basically everyone brings something, sets up a table, walks around and see if they want anyone else's stuff for free, and then a few hours later you collect your stuff that no one wanted. I figure that's good incentive for me to get some stuff out of the house. I have books in my trunk that I've been carting around. Went to the used bookstore and they only bought about four of them, so I was going to donate to the library, but I'll try this first.

Anita, I can't remember what my routine for shopping was when I worked full time, but I do remember that at least some days I would go to the grocery store in the morning before I went to work because there was never anyone there then. I still try to go early for that reason -- even on weekdays it can get crowded, but I definitely avoid weekends. That is definitely a plus to being retired!!

Laura, I will check out your website. I honestly wouldn't mind going back to work part-time, but I definitely don't have the energy for a full time job anymore. I do hope you find something you like.

Stay warm all you peeps in the cold climate!!
Old 01-25-20, 10:47 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Karen Voight Yoga Stretch followed by the PT rountine. DH and I did a walk around the lake and my hip barely hurt when we got home - things are getting better.

Laura, we flew to the Apple Valley airport. It's in the desert so it's a nice place to visit in the winter - too hot in the summer. It has a small cafe we like on the airport. Plus the flight there is over the mountains which I always enjoy, they are always beautiful but especially so when there's snow. I am definately looking forward to when PT is over and the hip has healed.

Anita, the orchid show sounds like such a breath of fresh air in the heart of winter. Thanks for the encouragement on the PT. It has been a long haul. When we were in Mexico, much of the time the sidewalks and roads were uneven and cracked with holes, so we developed what we called "Mexico rules" which consisted of watching your feet while you're walking and when you want to look around stop and stand in one place. Not a bad rule for many places. Hate getting that 500 error, been there.

Bee the Pahla B workout I've been doing has a similar format. It's a chair one, I'm doing that as I'm afraid of reinjuring my hip at this point. I figure if I'm sitting that's less likely to happen. It's still a good workout, I was surprised. I only use 3 pound weights for that workout because she does three sets of twenty bent ove flys - I can't do that many with anything heavier.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote