Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-15, 10:40 PM  
rockette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Bumping to ask for knee pads that are attached to the knees.
I need them for TA floor work.
Do you have any recommendations?
May I make a suggestion? They aren't knee pads, but I love them for floorwork on all fours. I have delicate knees and have zero discomfort using the Ratpad http://www.amazon.com/RatPad-Origina...0515384&sr=1-5

The price is per pad. I got them for $30 last year on sale. They have kept their shape too.
Old 01-06-15, 12:04 AM  
4leftlimbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockette View Post
May I make a suggestion? They aren't knee pads, but I love them for floorwork on all fours. I have delicate knees and have zero discomfort using the Ratpad http://www.amazon.com/RatPad-Origina...0515384&sr=1-5

The price is per pad. I got them for $30 last year on sale. They have kept their shape too.
I've seen them at Marshall's for - I think - $12.99 (maybe $14.99?). You might still be able to find them there. I've seen one recently in clearance for - I think - $10.99 (not much of a difference, I know), but the leftover was kinda dirty. Did not try them on my knees , but they did feel like they have really good cushion, almost kinda jelly-like.
4leftlimbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 06:59 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Thanks rockette. I have a knee pad from my Manduka round yoga mat that probably has the same material as that one.
I need something that are attached to my knees due to the following reason given by Debbie. I am totally loving TA streaming and she uses the knees a lot to pivot off of.
I am thinking of a DIY project that will attach my Yoga Jellies to my knees. Or maybe buy a Dr. Scholl's foot gel inserts and use those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
But I need to be able to pivot, lift a leg and land in a different angle, and I can't do it with the Yoga Jellies.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 08:06 AM  
rockette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Thanks rockette. I have a knee pad from my Manduka round yoga mat that probably has the same material as that one.
I need something that are attached to my knees due to the following reason given by Debbie. I am totally loving TA streaming and she uses the knees a lot to pivot off of.
I am thinking of a DIY project that will attach my Yoga Jellies to my knees. Or maybe buy a Dr. Scholl's foot gel inserts and use those.

Oh, I see. Those wouldn't work at all. Pivoting on the knee, interesting. I'm trying to picture that as I don't think I've ever seen floor work involving pivots.
Old 01-06-15, 01:00 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

My DH bought me a thick gardener's pad from Target about 2 years ago. I love it. I had one from Walmart but the surface was slick and got hot/sweaty if I was on it a long time and it was half as thick as the Target one. When I decide to do a floor working that has lots of kneeling, I can generally go straight through without a break. For the price (like $12 or so) and the size (I can get both knees on it at about hip's width without getting my knee into the hand slit), it's perfect. I saw a yoga rat knee pad at TJ Max and Marshall's for $17 and it was only one knee's worth in size.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 07:07 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I have 2 kneepads for gardeners and I am using them under my heavy kettlebells so they don't put any indentation on my carpet.

I have an idea, I will research mat gel pads that are used on kitchen floors. I have a feeling they are like my Yoga Jellies. If I buy 2 of those, I can use one for my hands, and another for my knees.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 07:56 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockette View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leftlimbs View Post
I've seen them at Marshall's for - I think - $12.99 (maybe $14.99?). You might still be able to find them there. I've seen one recently in clearance for - I think - $10.99 (not much of a difference, I know), but the leftover was kinda dirty. Did not try them on my knees , but they did feel like they have really good cushion, almost kinda jelly-like.
I was going to suggest a Ratpad. I got mine on The Clymb about a year ago for maybe $12. I don't use it because I found my thick yoga mat works OK for me ut when I tried it for kneeling poses it worked well.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 02:25 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I have a GelPro Plush mat, 18x24, that I lay across my yoga mat. (It's a deluxe gel filled anti-fatigue mat that I use for other purposes as well.) It's quite heavy but perfect, but it's also pricey...Amazon has it for $93! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was lucky in that I bought mine 'used' from Amazon Marketplace - essentially new condition - plus used a gift card so my final cost was about $10. Best $10 I ever spent!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 04:20 PM  
loulou

Has anyone bought/used the knee pads the OP asked about? They look interesting and not a bad price for a pair.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anti-fatigue mat, balance pad, knee pad